Tate Martell đź‘€

Tate Martell was 43-0 in high school!!!!! I don't care how good Bishop Gorman is you don't do that by accident. They play top teams every week and Tate beat them all. Then he shows accuracy and agility we haven't seen from our quarterbacks in 10 years against the worst teams and you ***** and moan
Don't even start quoting high school stats. Meaningless. First of all, I hate comparing QBs like MLB pitchers. There are 21 other players that make a huge difference in the outcome of the game. Secondly, they're a private Catholic school that loads up on every D-1 kid within a hundred miles of campus. Thirdly, this ain't high school. Everyone praised N'kosi as the next Masia based on his high school performance. Now everyone has turned against him. I guess you found a new Masia.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I laugh my *** off at you turncoats. Jarren is a true freshman. What does it say that Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield couldn't win the starting job at their schools as freshman?

Perry had off the field issues and acted immature. I get it. You can't deny he has talent. I'm not giving up on any QB with 3 years of eligibility left
I’m cool w Perry competing
So I think we agree there
I think this martell kid would be Interesting to have as well. I honestly do t think Perry will make it
He seems like he will self destruct before the fall based on his personal decision making....

I’m cool w Perry competing
So I think we agree there
I think this martell kid would be Interesting to have as well. I honestly do t think Perry will make it
He seems like he will self destruct before the fall based on his personal decision making....
Glad we can agree. Competition will bring out the best of everyone and that's good for the team and the program. I think Perry has learned his lesson. He took responsibility for his actions and fell on the sword for his teamates when so many receivers were dropping passes. He said he needed to be more accurate. I think the media is a lot to blame. They brought up all that crap before the bowl game when it happened before his "cash" video. I think the staff already knew about it several months earlier, but felt pressure to not start him. Richt could have easily said that it had been addressed in his previous suspension.
Anyway, I hope Perry redeems himself. May the best man win. It should be an interesting Spring. I hope 5he Spring game is local and open to the public.

Net net- you take them all- Hurts, Martell, and our existing QBs. Let the best man win.

Hurts will be very helpful in the locker room. If he wants to come, he’s an automatic take. He knows Enos, will know the system, and will be able to lead.

If Martell wants to come, you take him. In the college game, his height is less of an issue. He needs to compete with the rest of the stable of QBs.

Imo, Perry doesn’t have it. He’s not right in the head. Maybe he can improve, but I’m not buying.
Same with Cade Weldon.

Jarren is the real comp for Tate.

I just wathced that QB1 show on Netflix this kid is the 2nd coming of Johnny Football...Saw the episode where they played the Texas team and he str8 trolled them!!

Advertisement
I think we may be in a bit of a predicament. As I understand it, Martell is actually set to graduate in May, so he’d be a graduate transfer with 2 years left to play. Hurts obviously is also available to play right away. Both are probably looking for a near guarantee to start right away. So, is it possible to get both? Maybe, but not likely. So, who would we rather have if we can’t get both? Hurts or Martell? Tough call there.

I think I’d rather have Hurts. I think he’s more ready to lead this team right now than Martell is. I think the best scenario would be that we get Hurts and Plumlee. Hurts leads this team in 2019 and Williams and Plumlee battle to start in 2020.
He’s a redshirt freshman. He has three years to play.

The Manziel comparisons are way off. Just because he’s a white short QB who can run doesn’t make him him Johnny Football. Sure he’s a ****y prick just like him and that fits Miami but that’s about it. He’s a very inaccurate QB and his throwing motion is horrible. Hopefully Enos can fix it big time but I don’t like his fit in that offense(unless Enos adapts more to what Bama did this year). Doesn’t mean I don’t want Martell. We need all the help we can get. However, if the it’s true that he can play this season, I’m taking Hurts all day. Much better passer at this point and he should be considering his experience level.

The Manziel comparisons are way off. Just because he’s a white short QB who can run doesn’t make him him Johnny Football. Sure he’s a ****y prick just like him and that fits Miami but that’s about it. He’s a very inaccurate QB and his throwing motion is horrible. Hopefully Enos can fix it big time but I don’t like his fit in that offense(unless Enos adapts more to what Bama did this year). Doesn’t mean I don’t want Martell. We need all the help we can get. However, if the it’s true that he can play this season, I’m taking Hurts all day. Much better passer at this point and he should be considering his experience level.
hurts is a ****** passer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope we are all in on Martell!

Kid had wheels and with Enos he could develop into a really good passer, or even just good enough to keep teams honest.

If we are trying to create some buzz around the program, get Martell and let him be him. Imagine how dynamic our O can be with Martell, JT4, Deejay, Brevin, and the list goes on. We dont lack talent. We just havent taken advantage of the talent we have.

Advertisement
If we land Martell it certainly makes up for not taking a QB this cycle from the traditional recruiting field regardless of if he has to sit a year or not. If he does still we may still need to take a 1 year rental grad transfer type QB to fill the gap.

If we land Martell it certainly makes up for not taking a QB this cycle from the traditional recruiting field regardless of if he has to sit a year or not. If he does still we may still need to take a 1 year rental grad transfer type QB to fill the gap.

We’re still getting a QB this cycle because Plumlee literally fell into our laps and there’s an option named Ben Hicks from SMU if Martell won’t be able to play(supposed to graduate in May) if something occurs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back