Tate is my starter because....

Advertisement
What's the point of this rhetoric? To some how get the fanbase behind Martell? Were you at all the Spring practices and Summer workouts? There's no justification for your post. You don't know how each QB has progressed. N'kosi won the Spring QB award. I could say he's going to be the starter based on that, but it would be foolish.

The competition will determine the starter. We'll know in less than a month who the starter will be. Enough of the conjecture!!!

Advertisement
What's the point of this rhetoric? To some how get the fanbase behind Martell? Were you at all the Spring practices and Summer workouts? There's no justification for your post. You don't know how each QB has progressed. N'kosi won the Spring QB award.
I could say he's going to be the starter based on that, but it would be foolish.

The competition will determine the starter. We'll know in less than a month who the starter will be. Enough of the conjecture!!!
I wasn't, were you? It's just my perspective, and yes, everyone has one

Have honestly had 2 dreams in back to back nights as it relates to the Miami QB position. In case my dreams are some sort of oracle, I’ve decided to share it with you.

First dream: We had a white QB playing for us. Did not specifically see Tate’s ugly face or his number, so it’s between him and Machioda. Also, this was against OK ST for some reason, so for all the Tate nut huggers out there you may have to continue hyping a product you’ve never seen till at least the bowl game.

Second dream: Perry confirmed playing against the Gators. But threw a ******* pick going back over the middle and missed a wide open dump off pass. No other passes were seen.

Ultimately, I’ve shed exactly zero insight into the QB race, which means I’ve shed exactly the same amount of insight as OP.

Advertisement
I'll play....

It's interesting to me that there seems to be two different viewpoints on the race based upon whether the reporter is National or Local. What's even more interesting, is both are clueless, in my opinion.

The National reporters, (ESPN, Phil Steele, Sports Illustrated, etc..) all think that it is Tates job to lose and are predicting him to be the starter.

The local reporters, (Navarro, Ivins, Underwood, Christy Chirinos, etc...) all think that Perry is the frontrunner and have predicted him to be the starter on 08/24. Navarro said that he spoke with Enos at a private event this summer in which he left that meeting thinking that the race will be narrowed down to two very quickly, and that Perry will be the starter on 08/24.

The CIS staff, at least @Roman Marciante and @Lance Roffers, have both said that they believe Martell will be the starter.

The local reporters who were there every day during the spring, including the scrimmages, seem to be going off of the eye test. The National reporters seem to be going off of the terrible QB play that was on display last year by Perry and coupling that with the fact that Tate was "brought in for a reason."

Good thing is we can soon stop all of the speculating because fall practice starts next week.

My perspective from a former athlete, I really wouldn't expect a norm to understand
Really dude. You the only one that played sports? I played football, basketball and baseball in HS. I was a 4-year starter in D-1 college baseball. I know sports.

For the record, you don't have to play sports to know sports.

Advertisement
The one intangible that cannot be measured or tested is how fast a player can process information during a play and make a decision and correlate that info to their legs and arms for action. Watching reruns of last years games, you can literally see Kosi thinking at times. Tate is clearly a faster decision maker. Havnt seen enough of Jarren to have an opinion of his ability to process information, but watching the scrimmages, he looks a little slow doing that. This intangible is what separates great players from good players and so on and the reason why so many NFL teams miss on draft picks and college teams miss on recruits. I believe Tate can do a much better job making decisions and getting the ball out versus blitzes, and teams are going to blitz us. Jaron is the better passer, Perry has the strongest arm, but that means nothing if they can't process information and make a play
Tate has barely played a snap at the college level. So where are you getting this knowledge from that Tate is so far superior at this on field processing?

"I like eggs"
1563375515313.png

I'll play....

It's interesting to me that there seems to be two different viewpoints on the race based upon whether the reporter is National or Local. What's even more interesting, is both are clueless, in my opinion.

The National reporters, (ESPN, Phil Steele, Sports Illustrated, etc..) all think that it is Tates job to lose and are predicting him to be the starter.

The local reporters, (Navarro, Ivins, Underwood, Christy Chirinos, etc...) all think that Perry is the frontrunner and have predicted him to be the starter on 08/24. Navarro said that he spoke with Enos at a private event this summer in which he left that meeting thinking that the race will be narrowed down to two very quickly, and that Perry will be the starter on 08/24.

The CIS staff, at least @Roman Marciante and @Lance Roffers, have both said that they believe Martell will be the starter.

The local reporters who were there every day during the spring, including the scrimmages, seem to be going off of the eye test. The National reporters seem to be going off of the terrible QB play that was on display last year by Perry and coupling that with the fact that Tate was "brought in for a reason."

Good thing is we can soon stop all of the speculating because fall practice starts next week.
To add to that Phil Steele said he spent time with manny Diaz this spring in his interview last week. In the interview he predicted tate would be the starter for Miami on wqam radio. Not sure how we can glean too much from the local or even national guys but it should also be noted the local guys are only seeing a small glimpse of the practice which is 15 minutes at best

Last edited:
Advertisement
With Williams still having maturity issues apparently, I think It’s between tate and Perry at this point. I lean Tate because it’s something new and his skill set thrives in today’s era of college football. Bad offense or not Perry looked good In some of the games and looked terrible in the rest and I’ve seen enough of that. I mean He certainly can improve with better coaching but we will see. I just have my concerns from last year of him not doing what he was supposed to do as the guy when he did get that opportunity and it showed in the uva game for sure as far as not watching film and being a leader etc. Like how could you not capitalize on that situation last year after his play in the fiu game and then got relaxed? I cant really Get those last 2 games out of my mind either, 6-24 vs Pitt..., and looked horrible vs wisonsin too. If Perry is the starter then hopefully he has improved considerably in every aspect of the game which is certainly possible
I'm with you. I get CMR's scheme, play calling, etc was atrocious. However, Perry was given every opportunity to beat out Malik and simply couldn't pull away. He made too many bone headed mistakes in critical situations. Those were on him. He's extremely indecisive and doesn't see the field. He couldn't set up a protection or audible on his own. Does that mean a real QB coach and OC can't make him better? No. I think Perry will get better. Will there be enough improvement to lead us to the promise land? My money is on no. I have a hard time seeing Perry play a complete game without making multiple mistakes let alone one or two.

Really dude. You the only one that played sports? I played football, basketball and baseball in HS. I was a 4-year starter in D-1 college baseball. I know sports.

For the record, you don't have to play sports to know sports.
OK, don't expect you to be able to correlate on how to make a quick analyzation and decision like basketball players and football players have too

Advertisement
Back