Tate is my starter because....

Albe305

Freshman
The one intangible that cannot be measured or tested is how fast a player can process information during a play and make a decision and correlate that info to their legs and arms for action. Watching reruns of last years games, you can literally see Kosi thinking at times. Tate is clearly a faster decision maker. Havnt seen enough of Jarren to have an opinion of his ability to process information, but watching the scrimmages, he looks a little slow doing that. This intangible is what separates great players from good players and so on and the reason why so many NFL teams miss on draft picks and college teams miss on recruits. I believe Tate can do a much better job making decisions and getting the ball out versus blitzes, and teams are going to blitz us. Jaron is the better passer, Perry has the strongest arm, but that means nothing if they can't process information and make a play

Advertisement

You’re making an analysis about the most important intangible while simultaneously saying you lack the information on Williams to know if he has it

Not sure if this is a rock solid breakdown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not predicting one over the other, but if if I’m Manny, I’m not giving Kosi the benefit of the doubt when it comes to bonehead actions. He Used up any freebies last year. If it ends up being super close, I’m GUESSING Tate gets the nod

Advertisement
I was a big Perry guy when i saw his tape. I thought his pocket escapability would translate to college and it so far looks like it didnt. He was amazing in the pocket and had a feel for it. If Tate can do that in cfb what he did in HS thats a big time gift. My only thing is his throwing ability against good teams. Im excited to see what JW and TM can do when the battle begins.

Advertisement
With Williams still having maturity issues apparently, I think It’s between tate and Perry at this point. I lean slightly Tate because it’s something new and his skill set thrives in today’s era of college football. Bad offense or not Perry looked good In some of the games and looked terrible in the rest and it just feels like I’ve seen enough of that. I mean He certainly can improve with better coaching but we will see.

I just have my concerns from last year of him not doing what he was supposed to do as the guy when he did get that opportunity and it showed in the uva game for sure as far as not watching film and being a leader etc. Like how could you not capitalize on that situation last year after his play in the fiu game where he looked great and then got relaxed? I cant really Get those last 2 games out of my mind either, 6 for 24 vs Pitt , and looked horrible vs wisonsin too. If Perry is the starter then hopefully he has improved considerably in every aspect of the game which is certainly possible. It does seem like he improved overall in the spring though so again we will see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back