Tarquin wavering ...

Advertisement
Searels should be fired regardless if we keep Tarquin.

How's it even up for debate at this point?

I defended him early on because he's the only coach on staff who is responsible for 5 starters. He has to identify recruits, get them to sign & then coaches the largest position group. His guys cant get by on talent alone, the way other's can.

But there's no defending him at this point. He's missing on targets. The guys he does sign have shown little to no improvement or haven't seen the field. Guys who are playing, should NEVER see the field. They consistently commit penalties, miss assignments or get embarrassed by the guy they're "blocking".

I would love to hear him attempt to defend himself at this point. What excuse can he possibly give? What can he say that couldn't be shot down immediately?

Maybe the reason the kid is looking around is because he sees/hears all the stuff about firing Searles. Maybe this kid likes and wants to play for the coach that recruited him. Just another side of this story...

More than likely hearing Searels AIN’t getting fired and doesn’t want any part of his stupid ***...

The penalties on saturday are enough to get him canned. He could land neal, wright and get joe thomas to apply for eligibility and play for us and I'd still want him gone

From TOS on Tarquin - spoke with him since Saturday

“It’s about the impact those four losses have on the coaching staff - I want to be there with the same coaching staff that recruited me,” Tarquin said. “I want coach (Stacy) Searels and coach (Mark) Richt there with me. There’s always a thought where `Oh, will they still be there when I’m there?’ That’s a concern.”

Advertisement
I understand things aren’t going well. But for you to say that the cloud over this program is worse than when the Shapiro thing happened makes you and uneducated and reaching idiot. There’s no possible way you actually believe that.
Cloud over the program is not worse but the performance on the field and perception to recruits is definately worse.

From TOS on Tarquin - spoke with him since Saturday

“It’s about the impact those four losses have on the coaching staff - I want to be there with the same coaching staff that recruited me,” Tarquin said. “I want coach (Stacy) Searels and coach (Mark) Richt there with me. There’s always a thought where `Oh, will they still be there when I’m there?’ That’s a concern.”

He wants to get coached by Searles???

Advertisement
Apparently he is confused...do we want confused players? I’m confused as well...need to decide what beer to drink later.

Advertisement
Who has the best OL recruits that isn’t Bama or Georgia and let’s steal there OL coach and offer him the whole kit and kaboodle

Who has the best OL recruits that isn’t Bama or Georgia and let’s steal there OL coach and offer him the whole kit and kaboodle
Putnma out of Tampa is a 4* uncommitted probably FSU though, Washington out of Pensacola is a Miss St. commit(hard to pull kids from up there), but kids like Boaetang at Ft. Lauderdale, Fox at NW, and others should be priority. These kids have P5 offers so they aren't exactly scrubs.

Putnma out of Tampa is a 4* uncommitted probably FSU though, Washington out of Pensacola is a Miss St. commit(hard to pull kids from up there), but kids like Boaetang at Ft. Lauderdale, Fox at NW, and others should be priority. These kids have P5 offers so they aren't exactly scrubs.
All just as good as Tarquin or Eguakum

Advertisement
Silver lining: there is no way they will keep Searels if he doesn’t land any OL this cycle (which is possible with Tarquin and Eguakun on the way out)

If they keep him regardless, well, we should drop football as the Sports illustrated cover suggested some time ago.

Advertisement
Back