Targets Commitment Dates

Added Tony Rojas, LB. Think he is heading to Penn St but he has us in his top 4 and he OV'd i think. Tamere Robinson is on the list and i think he is also Penn St. So only fair.

Advertisement
Added Tony Rojas, LB. Think he is heading to Penn St but he has us in his top 4 and he OV'd i think. Tamere Robinson is on the list and i think he is also Penn St. So only fair.
Lets Go Thumbs Up GIF by ESPN

This guy gonna be happy

Advertisement
I think our ceiling is somewhere between 6-8 in recruiting plenty good enough.

We need to hit on a bunch of these. Right now, we got 2 four-stars and zero five-stars. Just a bunch of 3-stars filling the class.

That makes our class worse than FSU and UF right now and way off track for the top 5 finish we all expected when mario was hired.

I realize there is a lot of time before ESD and I know Rashads was a win but we gotta rack up more wins to stay on pace

We need to hit on a bunch of these. Right now, we got 2 four-stars and zero five-stars. Just a bunch of 3-stars filling the class.

That makes our class worse than FSU and UF right now and way off track for the top 5 finish we all expected when mario was hired.

I realize there is a lot of time before ESD and I know Rashads was a win but we gotta rack up more wins to stay on pace
Top 5 in some order will be:
Texas
OSU
Bama
UGA
USC
We can maybe get to 6 but I'd think A&M or one of above has the inside track.

Advertisement
Top 5 in some order will be:
Texas
OSU
Bama
UGA
USC
We can maybe get to 6 but I'd think A&M or one of above has the inside track.
That's why I think we land at 7 or 8 this class. Next year may be a different story.

Which isn’t good enough
I'm not really sure who said Top 5...because that's a bit of a stretch as of right now. In 2-3 years? Yeah, that should be the goal. Right now, it should be Top 10.

Oregon recruiting class rankings:
- 2022: 13
- Top 10 order: A&M, Bama, UGA, OSU, Texas, Penn State, ND, OU, Michigan, Clemson
- 2021: 6
- Top 10 order: Bama, OSU, LSU, UGA, Clemson, Oregon, USC, A&M, ND, OU
- 2020: 12
- Top 10 order: UGA, Bama, Clemson, LSU, OSU, A&M, Auburn, Texas, UF, Michigan
- 2019 (bump class): 7
- Top 10 order: Bama, UGA, Texas, A&M, LSU, OU, Oregon, Michigan, UF, Clemson

Point is (and I can keep going back further)...you're not going to simply jump the pre-established recruiting giants. We're not beating out Bama, OSU or UGA. With money now, you're not beating out Texas, USC or A&M, at least not this year. So I'm telling you now - there's less than a 5% chance we finish Top 6. We'd have to win the ACC, probably make a NY6 bowl or make the playoff to even sniff the 6 range.

We're going to be competing with the next batch of schools - the Clemson, ND, Penn St, OU, LSU, Oregon, Michigan's of the world. The goal is to finish Top 10, especially given our momentum. Right now - yeah you're right, we're not on pace for even that. A lot of developmental kids with high upside and lacking blue-chippers...but it's also late June, and we should have at least 3 four stars commit by the end of the week. Who knows what July has in store.

Miami hasn't had a god**** Top 5 class since like 2008 lmao. I think that I'm pessimistic at times...but sheesh.

This is going to be a gigantic class, I'm thinking 30 kids or so. Let's see where we stand once the summer ends.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure who said Top 5...because that's a bit of a stretch as of right now. In 2-3 years? Yeah, that should be the goal. Right now, it should be Top 10.

- Top 10 order: A&M, Bama, UGA, OSU, Texas, Penn State, ND, OU, Michigan, Clemson

Point is (and I can keep going back further)...you're not going to simply jump the pre-established recruiting giants. We're not beating out Bama, OSU or UGA. With money now, you're not beating out Texas, USC or A&M, at least not this year. So I'm telling you now - there's less than a 5% chance we finish Top 6. We'd have to win the ACC, probably make a NY6 bowl or make the playoff to even sniff the 6 range.

We're going to be competing with the next batch of schools - the Clemson, ND, Penn St, OU, Michigan's of the world (leaving LSU out of this group for now). The goal is to finish Top 10. Right now - yeah you're right, we're not on pace for even that. A lot of developmental kids with high upside and lacking blue-chippers...but it's also late June, and we should have at least 3 four stars commit by the end of the week. Who knows what July has in store.

This is going to be a gigantic class, I'm thinking 30 kids or so. Let's see where we stand once the summer ends.
I see no lies.

Advertisement
Which isn’t good enough

According to whom? Would be our best recruiting class since the 2008 class, 15 classes ago. After going 7-6, 6-7, 8-3, 7-5 these past 4 seasons?

Past Team Class Recruiting Rankings (247 Composite):
2022 16
2021 11
2020 17
2019 27
2018 8
2017 12
2016 22
2015 27
2014 12
2013 14
2012 10
2011 33
2010 14

(swwitched to Rivals as no 24/7 Composite Rankings pre 2010)
2009 15
2008 5
2007 19
2006 14
2005 7
2004 4
2003 5
2002 8

Advertisement
No, take him out. I far as I know, he visited but no OV

We're going to be competing with the next batch of schools - the Clemson, ND, Penn St, OU, LSU, Oregon, Michigan's of the world. The goal is to finish Top 10, especially given our momentum. Right now - yeah you're right, we're not on pace for even that. A lot of developmental kids with high upside and lacking blue-chippers...but it's also late June, and we should have at least 3 four stars commit by the end of the week. Who knows what July has in store.

Miami hasn't had a god**** Top 5 class since like 2008 lmao. I think that I'm pessimistic at times...but sheesh.

I agree, Top 10 is a realistic goal.

I’ve expected a Top 15 class. With the Rashada commitment and the increase to counters I’m getting optimistic, so I’m feeling 13-15 now.

But top 10 is a more realistic expectation for a “goal” in year one in my opinion. Mario is a hustler, so I have no doubt the classes will improve each year and Top 5 will eventually be the expectation. But until we get there, I’m comfy where my heads at tbh.

Advertisement
Back