Targets Commitment Dates

We have 8 commits now. If half of the above go with the good guys, we'll be at 16 by end of July. Musical chairs speeding up, empy chairs becoming harder and harder to find.
I like the way the cycle has setup. Way more high level quality kids are committing in the summer. By the time the season starts. our big board should have come to shape more so than in years past as a bunch of these kids will have made their choice. Dominoes are falling faster than I can remember.

Advertisement
We have 8 commits now. If half of the above go with the good guys, we'll be at 16 by end of July. Musical chairs speeding up, empy chairs becoming harder and harder to find.
Yeah thats what's gonna happen then how we close on guys like Hicks, Cormani Samson and other guys who take it all the way will determine of we can get close or break into the top 5 come signing day. But those above will lay the foundation then the all year guys will look and say yup, that class can match up v UGA, Bama Ohio etc. That's also why drubbing UF for Rashada was important. Not just for him as a player. Symbolism.

I like the way the cycle has setup. Way more high level quality kids are committing in the summer. By the time the season starts. our big board should have come to shape more so than in years past as a bunch of these kids will have made their choice. Dominoes are falling faster than I can remember.
Agree. I also think the "Hmmm..did we reach here?" kids are pretty much in the bag now and here on out its going to be high quality/elite level kids filling up the class. I think Cline might be the last one who would be in that category.

And before anyone asks...there were some people on CIS who questioned the Tinilau, Bobby Washington, and potentially Cline takes.

Agree. I also think the "Hmmm..did we reach here?" kids are pretty much in the bag now and here on out its going to be high quality/elite level kids filling up the class. I think Cline might be the last one who would be in that category.

And before anyone asks...there were some people on CIS who questioned the Tinilau, Bobby Washington, and potentially Cline takes.
I honestly don’t hate one prospect we have committed right now. Mikeska would be the closest but we need guys like him. Not flashy but needed and he isn’t exactly one dimensional. Plus he had offers from Clemson and Okie. Seymore didn’t make sense with all the talent out there but he decommited. You take Bobby because it’s a position of need and Robby is that dude. I think some maybe sleeping on Robby just cause we got him so early. This is a kid that goes to UGA Bama or LSU in previous years. Tinilau falls under the category of I simply trust Mario and Alex on all OL recruits and the measureables are there.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t hate one prospect we have committed right now. Mikeska would be the closet but we need guys like him. Not flashy but needed and he isn’t exactly one dimensional. Plus he had offers from Clemson and Okie. Seymore didn’t make sense with all the talent out there but he decommited. You take Bobby because it’s a position of need and Robby is that dude. I think some maybe sleeping on Robby just cause we got him so early. This is a kid that goes to UGA Bama or LSU in previous years. Tinilau falls under the category of I simply trust Mario and Alex on all OL recruits and the measureables are there.
I scratched my head on Bobby because I have thoughts of another Tyler Johnson situation where posters are telling me he has everything you want in a LB (size, speed, mean streak, tenacity, etc) but for some reason hes still considered a project and needs to put it all together. (we see what happened with TJohnson.) But Robby is so good, you have to take Bobby and roll the dice. They are clearly a package deal and schools like UGA and Bama found that out the hard way.

Advertisement
I honestly don’t hate one prospect we have committed right now. Mikeska would be the closet but we need guys like him. Not flashy but needed and he isn’t exactly one dimensional. Plus he had offers from Clemson and Okie. Seymore didn’t make sense with all the talent out there but he decommited. You take Bobby because it’s a position of need and Robby is that dude. I think some maybe sleeping on Robby just cause we got him so early. This is a kid that goes to UGA Bama or LSU in previous years. Tinilau falls under the category of I simply trust Mario and Alex on all OL recruits and the measureables are there.
It will be interesting to see how Tinilau looks out on the field. It was definitely an early take but they must have been really impressed with his size. Several good P5’s are staying in touch with him.

I scratched my head on Bobby because I have thoughts of another Tyler Johnson situation where posters are telling me he has everything you want in a LB (size, speed, mean streak, tenacity, etc) but for some reason hes still considered a project and needs to put it all together. (we see what happened with TJohnson.) But Robby is so good, you have to take Bobby and roll the dice. They are clearly a package deal and schools like UGA and Bama found that out the hard way.
Bobby has 1 advantage there and that is playing as an off ball LB currently. Manny was always infatuated with taking these HS DE’s and moving them back. Didn’t work to say the least.

The good news is that we have their senior seasons to reappraise, and with the class caps lifted, the only think they'll be bumping up agains is the 85 team cap. Any player currently on roster who isn't buying into Mario's special forces mentality better be looking for a soft landing at the end of the season.

I do think there will be more churn in the December to Feb timeframe than ever before. Some names on the commit list or soon-to-commit list may not end up at Miami, and some bigtime names we aren't even discussing may be in the class. I don't think Moss and Citizen were exceptions, but more the norm going forward.

Bobby has 1 advantage there and that is playing as an off ball LB currently. Manny was always infatuated with taking these HS DE’s and moving them back. Didn’t work to say the least.
To be clear Manny was obsessed with taking under sized DEs that weren’t equipped to play on the line but also didn’t have the agility and lateral movement to play in space. It was maddening. When he finally did get guys that would be able to play in space, they were the size of UGA’s safeties

Advertisement

I hear what you're saying but BW is on another level. The guy is borderline elite athletically (I believe he runs a sub 11 100m). Don't sleep on BW.

I hear what you're saying but BW is on another level. The guy is borderline elite athletically (I believe he runs a sub 11 100m). Don't sleep on BW.
Boy is 6'3 almost as fast as Robby and violent. What's gonna matter is the coaching and is ability to process information. He is gonna belong physically. Which is something that alot of 3 stars lack. Not this case.

With LeBlanc seemingly trending elsewhere, DT seems like the biggest question mark to me. We don't appear to be the odds on favorite to land any DTs right now. We have a shot at a bunch of them but none of them appear to be leaning Miami's way.

Lots of talk about LB and CB boards being concerning but:

LB - We have Bobby and in a good chance to land at least another good player with the likes of Stanquan. Potentially could get an elite player if Malik picks us.
CB - Also concerning but similar to the above, sounds like we have a good chance to land at least 2 solid players (Damari and Stafford).
Was thinking the same thing. I'm sure we are after someone but DT names seem to be few and far between. Would like to see list of guys we have shot at.

Thx OP and others. Great thread to place active recruits…stating the obvious, DL, DL and DL…

Advertisement

Imagine beating near-perennial CFP programs Clemson and Oklahoma for your "worst" commit?

#CristobalProblems

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back