TAMU Visitor List for Miami Game -**Running List

Advertisement
It's wild I been to Chicago before because of family there, and I told them I'm not about to come over there anymore for a while, True war zone out there
I have no desire to go downtown right now. Glad I don’t work down there.

I was 20 when I helped interview this house DJ at 4am in the South Shore/Jackson Park area. The interview was setup that late cause we were filming him driving out from there to the airport to catch the early flight out to Winter Music Conference. It was my first year out there and I remember asking people where the nearest white hen was so I could grab a quick bite. People looked at me like I was crazy, this was before google was a thing and I was just gonna head out. People basically told me the fvck you are. It looked like a nice neighborhood with a bunch brown stone like buildings around. Had no idea whatsoever
Ah White Hen Pantry those were the days. There was one in the neighborhood I grew up in. It’s now a 7-11

@gogeta4 isnt lying...when you drive through Philly you know when you are where you shouldnt be. Although right now no place is safe. Dudes shooting people on Market St near all the businesses, middle of the day with kids around. Kids doing flash mobs where they just ransack stores like Wawa. Kensington was starting to get better but now its walking zombies everywhere. Temple U has always been dangerous but its getting worse(I think Temple has the third largest police force in PA behind Pittsburgh and Philadelphia). **** Cops would rather not even waste their time near the Badlands, Nicetown, Hunting Park, Strawberry Mansion and Frankford

Advertisement
@gogeta4 isnt lying...when you drive through Philly you know when you are where you shouldnt be. Although right now no place is safe. Dudes shooting people on Market St near all the businesses, middle of the day with kids around. Kids doing flash mobs where they just ransack stores like Wawa. Kensington was starting to get better but now its walking zombies everywhere. Temple U has always been dangerous but its getting worse(I think Temple has the third largest police force in PA behind Pittsburgh and Philadelphia). **** Cops would rather not even waste their time near the Badlands, Nicetown, Hunting Park, Strawberry Mansion and Frankford

My aunt lives uptown. In that Germantown Mt Airy area for the past 3 decades.

I heard about all this stuff, also heard the young kids in philly are now al influenced by chicago which is weird to me. They now are having "gangs" like the chicago kids...and doing random shootings , etc.

Another thing...Philly is producing some football players on the low and i dont think its spoken about enough.

I went to grad school in Philly in the mid 80‘s immediately after graduating from UM. I remember asking a fellow student who had just completed undergrad at the same school where I could for a drink. The answer was something like: “Don’t stray too far west of campus. South Philly is dangerous so get your cheesesteak and leave immediately. If you go east toward the river stay near South Street and whatever you do…do not go anywhere near North Philly. That area is a **** war zone.” 🤷🏻‍♂️

Accordingly, most days were spent on campus and weekends at Center City pubs…😎

I will add that Philly has improved immensely since my post-graduate days.

I have no desire to go downtown right now. Glad I don’t work down there.
I was just there a few weeks ago, and there were a ton of tourists and other people having a good time. Now I was only out during daytime, but I didn’t notice a difference from past visits to downtown Chicago. Does the crazy **** start poppin off at night?

Advertisement
I was just there a few weeks ago, and there were a ton of tourists and other people having a good time. Now I was only out during daytime, but I didn’t notice a difference from past visits to downtown Chicago. Does the crazy **** start poppin off at night?
During the day is fine but yea nighttime is where crazy **** happens. I haven’t been downtown since April and I didn’t have any issues. Whhat area did you end up staying in?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back