Tampa Bay Bucs assistant OC coach Butch Barry is expected to become the new O-line coach

Advertisement
I don't have feelings one way or another on this guy. Coaches have to work with the players they have. Did he have top-ranked lines at CMU? No...but they didn't have top rank talent either.

Is he a good technique coach? Can he utilize the talent we have on the roster? Hopefully.

Advertisement
His name is Butch. That alone should make a lot of people around here happy.

Full disclosure: I'm a Butch guy too. 😄

Advertisement
A month ago we had Richt, Richt Jr, Searles, Brown. We replaced that with Enos and Butch Barry, with room to fill out the rest of the staff...

... and there are people here btchn and complaining.

he was an ASSISTANT OL coach, not the OL coach. big difference.
"Barry joined the Buccaneers from Central Michigan University, where he spent the previous five seasons coaching the offensive line (2014) and tight ends (2010-13).

In 2014, Barry’s unit paved the way for a 1,000-yard season by running back Thomas Rawls, a key cog in the Chippewas’ offense who rushed for 1,103 yards and 10 touchdowns in only nine games. As tight ends coach, Barry headed a group that combined for 63 receptions for 644 yards and six touchdowns over 2012-13, while helping Central Michigan record another 1,000-yard rusher in Zurlon Tipton, who finished with 1,492 yards and 19 touchdowns in 2012."

Advertisement
considering that this hire came from Enos, this hire evidences that the deal with Enos was done some time ago because it would have taken at least 4-5 days to prepare a list of candidates for OL, interview them, vet your candidate and hire him.

Advertisement
1547244340409.png

1547244423083.png

1547244489182.png

1547244538167.png

Signed,

Peruche

This! The OL play is a major reason the staff was fired. I will need to see it before I believe he is a good hire.
"In 2015, his first season with the team, Barry assisted an offensive line that featured two rookie starters, but still managed to block for the NFL’s second-leading rusher (Doug Martin – 1,402 yards) and tied for the fourth-fewest sacks allowed in the league, after ranking 29th in rushing and 29th in sacks allowed in the previous season."

I guess things must've went downhill from there?

this hire evidences that the deal with Enos was done some time ago because it would have taken at least 4-5 days to prepare a list of candidates for OL, interview them, vet your candidate and hire him.
Unless they already had an understanding and this guy was following Enos wherever he went.

Advertisement
Back