Tampa Bay Bucs assistant OC coach Butch Barry is expected to become the new O-line coach

I don't know anything about this guy. Enos had been around some bad *** OL tho. He knows what's up. It's his hire so if he's kosher I'm ready for the show to start......

Advertisement
I will say this though..... There's 32 oline coaching jobs and he has one so yeah he's pretty good
He was an assistant to the OL coach......so there could be 100s of these guys in the NFL.

Here is what the "experts" say:

Aside from turnovers, the only thing slowing down the offense was the line. Pro Football Outsiders ranks the Bucs run blocking as the worst in the NFL. The Bucs average just 98.7 rushing yards per contest, the sixth-worst mark in the league.

Also this is a position coach.

Some of you think we will hire Urban Meyer as our next OL coach. Stop believing in unicorns.

Advertisement
I do & can bump the threads to prove it.

I never mentioned this guy, but I did mention the current OL coach at Central Michigan Derek Frazier.

B1G & MAC OL coaches know about recruiting & developing OL talent, they consistently produce the best lineman in the league.
seems like a lot of quality OL come from that part of the country. We could probably stand to pull a few more mid west linemen.

I don't know anything about this guy. Enos had been around some bad *** OL tho. He knows what's up. It's his hire so if he's kosher I'm ready for the show to start......

He's also been around good OL coaching, at Bama and Arkansas. Assuming he doesn't want his qbs killed.

He was an assistant to the OL coach......so there could be 100s of these guys in the NFL.

Aside from turnovers, the only thing slowing down the offense was the line. Pro Football Outsiders ranks the Bucs run blocking as the worst in the NFL. The Bucs average just 98.7 rushing yards per contest, the sixth-worst mark in the league.

They also don’t have much talent on the OL.

And how can you simultaneously bash his credentials while also blaming him for the unit’s struggles when he’s not the one in charge?

Advertisement
Is it too much to ask for our coaches to have a history of attracting talent or developing someone? He has neither. How about just running a position group room? He’s only been an OL coach for one year. Why should I be excited about this based on previous achievement or work to date?

I don't care what the supposed experts say. Peyton Barber was the feature back. He wasn't exactly dynamic at Auburn either.

Advertisement
Manny signed off on this so we'll see....if he's worse than Searles we'll know quickly, but this is why ik ok with this for now is schematically Enos knows him and his capabilities.

Also the guy has don't something right in his career to make it to the NFL for 4 years

I see the resident Nole troll chimed in on my post. So who should we hire your dumpster fire of a friend Clint Trickett

Advertisement
Part of the agreement between Diaz and Enos had to be some autonomy for Enos in the hiring of staff.

As long as there are no “No D’s” being hired, Diaz is going to sign off on the hire.

He wasn't the OL coach for Eric Fisher, who was taken 1st overall in 2013 draft. He didn't recruit him (Fisher was c/o of 2009 and he started after). He was the TEs coach there.

He's not even the head OL coach for the Bucs. They had 1 pro bowler in the time he was there (Logan Mankins in 2015) but nothing else to really speak of. It's not even a meh hire. It's a questionable hire

1547248882275.gif

Advertisement
Back