Talent in SFL no longer present....

Well hopefully Lane is the next Dre, Duke is the next Gore, Malcom is the next Santana, Carter is the next Sean(there will never be another ST but hopefully close to it), Collins-Mcgahee....

Advertisement
I think the *** whooping we took last saturday is messing with ur head. Sounds like ur looking for an excuse of y weve been mediocore to downright awful at times. S Fl will always have elite talent. Weve just had incompetent coaches who could barely recruit the talent much less develop it. The jury is still out on Golden.

Btw...there could b a S Fl QB in the hunt for the heisman this yr (Smith) and next yr( Bridgewater if he continues to improvep. But yea theres no elite talent in s fl......

Talent is there, problem is the L$U, Gaytes, and F$U has been taking some of the real good ones, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
Who cares where players are drafted in the NFL provided that they have productive college careers and help us win. Dorsey was a 7th round pick. I'd gladly take his production. Look at Ty Hilton ... 3rd rd pick, but was a very productive player for FIU. I'll take guys that produce for UM, regardless of where they go or are projected to go in the NFL draft.

So there's no talent in SoFla now. Tell FSU and UiF and Bama to stop coming down here for ballplayers then.

Probably not a lack of talent, maybe a lack of work ethic, coaching/coachability and edge. In the past, it seemed that the SOFL players had an edge or a mean streak, not necessarily troublemakers, but now the entitled/5 star/rivals generation thinks they are gangster by wearing a hoodie and some Beats. Pretty much a bunch of ghetto hipsters these days.

Advertisement
LULZ, you're blinded by our recent failures.

Jayron hosley, stedman bailey, geno smith, lamar miller, brandon oliver, olivier vernon, patrick peterson, cory liuget, Xavier Rhodes, Cory lemonier, Conner Vernon, Denard Robinson, Lamarcus Joyner, TY Hilton, Janoris Jenkins, etc...

That's just a list of guys that were just recently drafted in a high slot, or will soon be drafted.

That list includes two heisman candidates, and others who were winners or candidates for awards.

None of those players compare with the talent I mentioned above other then Peterson! Not even close!
Don't get me wrong, I'd trade 10 Golden's, Cokers and Shannon's for half a Butch Davis but I just don't see that same level of talent as of late.

you've gotta be trolling, right?

Peterson is a once-in-a-decade type of talent.

LULZ, you're blinded by our recent failures.

Jayron hosley, stedman bailey, geno smith, lamar miller, brandon oliver, olivier vernon, patrick peterson, cory liuget, Xavier Rhodes, Cory lemonier, Conner Vernon, Denard Robinson, Lamarcus Joyner, TY Hilton, Janoris Jenkins, etc...

That's just a list of guys that were just recently drafted in a high slot, or will soon be drafted.

That list includes two heisman candidates, and others who were winners or candidates for awards.

None of those players compare with the talent I mentioned above other then Peterson! Not even close!
Don't get me wrong, I'd trade 10 Golden's, Cokers and Shannon's for half a Butch Davis but I just don't see that same level of talent as of late.

you've gotta be trolling, right?

Peterson is a once-in-a-decade type of talent.

So is Andre, Sean T, Mcgahee, Wilfork.....

But I agree, im full of it! We still have crazy talent down here. Difference seems to be that back then we would just lose a kid or 2 to FSU, but now we lose one top kid to Bama, another to Auburn, Clemson, USC, Louisville, WVirginia, OSU(Bosa which we haven't even gone after)..... + FSU & UF. Gotta lock it down and also go get the out of state kids like DJ, Shockey, Reed, Rocky, Mckinney....

Last edited:
Not sure if you're trolling, but name any corner that we have ever had that has been as good as Peterson. Rolle, is the closest, and he had to be moved to safety.

Rolle > peterson as a college corner. Jennings was a **** good corner too as was phillip buchanon.

Duane Starks was better than all of those guys as a cover corner at the collegiate level. The one lone bright spot of that 97 team.

This thread is.... I don't know what. A bunch of silliness.

Another **** good player

Advertisement
Advertisement
A lot of people forget that Peterson wasn't a very good corner until his final year. He was living off the hype. Regardless he is still pretty good.

Reading this thread is painful though. So if I am to understand it correctly the talent in south Florida is down from the time period that most likely produced the greatest concentration of talent the country has ever seen?

OK I guess.

A lot of people forget that Peterson wasn't a very good corner until his final year. He was living off the hype. Regardless he is still pretty good.

Reading this thread is painful though. So if I am to understand it correctly the talent in south Florida is down from the time period that most likely produced the greatest concentration of talent the country has ever seen?

OK I guess.

Haa, hadn't thought of it that way, but yeah.....it's down but pointless cause it still has as much talent as anywhere

Advertisement
Back