Talent in SFL no longer present....

PUNCICANE

All-ACC
Premium
Just looked over some 2013 mock NFL drafts and didn't see any premier NFL talent from down here other then G.Smith(which is a QB and never happens). I just don't see the talent that used to come out of here, the Frank Gores, Willis Mcgahees, Andre Johnson's, Santa Moss's, Vilma's, Wilforks, Sean T's........ Is it more that we haven't developed the talent we've had down here or that we haven't been producing premier talent in SFL? Other then Patrick Peterson what have been the big misses over the last several years?

Advertisement
Probably nothing. If there is something, it's the work ethic and attitudes of the kids. More Willie Williams than Vince Wilforks.

You do realize that the guys you just named came through south Florida over a 5-6 year period.

LULZ, you're blinded by our recent failures.

Jayron hosley, stedman bailey, geno smith, lamar miller, brandon oliver, olivier vernon, patrick peterson, cory liuget, Xavier Rhodes, Cory lemonier, Conner Vernon, Denard Robinson, Lamarcus Joyner, TY Hilton, Janoris Jenkins, etc...

That's just a list of guys that were just recently drafted in a high slot, or will soon be drafted.

That list includes two heisman candidates, and others who were winners or candidates for awards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think there's any other area in america where kids sign more D1 scholarships than south florida.

What about Mingo & Lemonier? Mingo has a chance to be the first pick in the draft.

Xavier Rhodes also has chance to go first round with a good season.

That's not even counting a guy like Denard Robinson.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Advertisement
lulzzzzzzzzzzzzz @ OP

Some mock draft. Just go ask college coaches where'd they'd love to be located.

How much better would are D be with Rhodes, Lemonier, Mingo, Rocardo Allen & Kayvon Webster?

Jayron hosley, stedman bailey, geno smith, lamar miller, brandon oliver, olivier vernon, patrick peterson, cory liuget, Xavier Rhodes, Cory lemonier, Conner Vernon, Denard Robinson, Lamarcus Joyner, TY Hilton, Janoris Jenkins, etc...

That's just a list of guys that were just recently drafted in a high slot, or will soon be drafted.

That list includes two heisman candidates, and others who were winners or candidates for awards.

None of those players compare with the talent I mentioned above other then Peterson! Not even close!
Don't get me wrong, I'd trade 10 Golden's, Cokers and Shannon's for half a Butch Davis but I just don't see that same level of talent as of late.

Advertisement

None of those players compare with the talent I mentioned above other then Peterson! Not even close!
Don't get me wrong, I'd trade 10 Golden's, Cokers and Shannon's for half a Butch Davis but I just don't see that same level of talent as of late.

Not sure if you're trolling, but name any corner that we have ever had that has been as good as Peterson. Rolle, is the closest, and he had to be moved to safety.

There's talent here and there will always be! I'm simply saying that SFL hasn't produced elite level talent as of late compared to that it has in the past! You geniuses disprove what I say by mentioning lemarcus Joyner, lemar miller, Ty Hilton, Olivier Vernon, corey liuget , Xavier Rhodes...... and stating that they compare with the Gore, Sean T, Vilma, Wilford, Santana, Andre J (perennial pro bowlers!!!!).

I know there's legit talent here and there will always be, just doesn't seem to be what it's been

Not sure if you're trolling, but name any corner that we have ever had that has been as good as Peterson. Rolle, is the closest, and he had to be moved to safety.

Reread the post genius! I said other than Peterson!

Advertisement
There's talent here and there will always be! I'm simply saying that SFL hasn't produced elite level talent as of late compared to that it has in the past! You geniuses disprove what I say by mentioning lemarcus Joyner, lemar miller, Ty Hilton, Olivier Vernon, corey liuget , Xavier Rhodes...... and stating that they compare with the Gore, Sean T, Vilma, Wilford, Santana, Andre J (perennial pro bowlers!!!!).

I know there's legit talent here and there will always be, just doesn't seem to be what it's been
Only Wilfork, Dre, Sean T, and Gore are the "elite/freak" talents. Guy's that are/were rated near, if not the top for their position. We were spoiled in that era, where we could contend for titles, despite ****** coaching. The guys that I listed just got to the league, why would they already be probowlers?

Reread the post genius! I said other than Peterson!

LMAO. I was just using peterson as an example of the rarity of his type of talent. Showing that even being in area that's rich with talent, you couldn't name another CB that has ever been as "talented". So why would you expect that to be a normal thing?

Other than Sean T and Rolle, you'd have to go back to Darryl Williams and Bennie Blades to start naming elite type's of safety. We could do this for any other position. We we're just a fortunate fan base, to have that level of elite talent on the same team.

Last edited:

Only Wilfork, Dre, Sean T, and Gore are the "elite/freak" talents. Guy's that are/were rated near, if not the top for their position. We were spoiled in that era, where we could contend for titles, despite ****ty coaching. The guys that I listed just got to the league, why would they already be probowlers?

Haaa, so Andre Johnson isn't elite level? He's arguably the best WR is the world

Only Wilfork, Dre, Sean T, and Gore are the "elite/freak" talents. Guy's that are/were rated near, if not the top for their position. We were spoiled in that era, where we could contend for titles, despite ****ty coaching. The guys that I listed just got to the league, why would they already be probowlers?

Haaa, so Andre Johnson isn't elite level? He's arguably the best WR is the world

:cool:

Advertisement
Back