Talent Gap

Advertisement
How do you define championship depth? Clemson is tied for 4th lowest overall. From that chart, it looks to me that the dividing line between good and elite is 5 star players. Probably a dumb question but who is the lone 5 star on our rooster? I wonder if that is a composite 5 star or someone who could be a 5 on one recruiting site and a 4 on others.
Pope is our lone five star per the rankings. And we all know he ain’t no five star. Smh

Advertisement
A team may have 60 5/4 star players, but only 22 of those will actually see serious playing time. So if another team only has 30,
it is still possible that they might be fielding a team with equal amount of talent on the field. I will give you that depth could be an issue.

Rousseau, King and Roche are 2/3 stars, so who knows? Given the better coaching, IMHO, the talent gap has been substantially narrowed. Our two-deep is bigger and more athletic overall. I watched the Canes players and coaches interviews, and they seem very prepared and confident. I really expect the Canes to not just go 4-0 against the spread, I expect them to win as long as the refs are relatively fair and the Canes cut down the penalties and mistakes, which I believe they can. I am very excited about this matchup, and so are the Canes coaches and players

Advertisement
nobody is saying coaching doesn't matter more, but are you saying that if two programs haves similar skill level coaching staffs that it wouldn't matter at all if one team had twice as many 4 and 5 star recruits?

stars aren't everything, I simply shared a graphic because I figured Clemson was up there with Ohio State and Bama but they are much further down the list and equivalent to us

Im saying they get 3 and 4 stars to perform better than ours. So it’s a false equivalence to say we are close in talent bc 247 and espn has guys ranked similarly.

Im saying they get 3 and 4 stars to perform better than ours. So it’s a false equivalence to say we are close in talent bc 247 and espn has guys ranked similarly.
is that true for this year too? or are you talking about under our previous coaching staffs which again would be more due to the coaching talent

I think our current coaching staff is getting plenty out of our 3 and 4 stars now but time will tell

Advertisement
is that true for this year too? or are you talking about under our previous coaching staffs which again would be more due to the coaching talent

I think our current coaching staff is getting plenty out of our 3 and 4 stars now but time will tell

Yes it’s true this year and it’s been true since about 2012

Yes it’s true this year and it’s been true since about 2012
I agree with years 2012-2019. sample size is small this year but with a competent OC and the development of bubba bolden and phillips under OUR STAFF, I feel confident that it's different now

Maybe it isn't as much the star ratings (although helps) as it is developing the athletes from the moment they step foot on campus.

Advertisement
Not true, Jaelan Phillips was a 5-star & the #1 ranked player in the 2017 class.

Pope was not a 5-star, he was a 4-star. Rivals rankings are retarded, go by 247 composite ratings, it's more accurate.
Yea I know about Phillips ranking when he came out but that’s technically not his ranking anymore since he transferred. I believe his ranking is now a four star, that’s why I said Pope because I know he was a five star on rivals along with Lingbust that year. Lol

I was thinking about this today and ironically saw this graphic.

To be honest I was thinking it was much more of a difference at least depth wise.

Clemson has 46 4/5 star recruits

We have 36. I still stand by some south florida 3* being 4* in other states.

Ohio state georgia and alabama having double us is just insanity, we got a lot of work to do before we reach championship level depth
There are gonna be a lot of jokes when I say this but “ sometimes less is more” it’s gotta be hard trying to keep all those 4/5 star kids happy.

Yea I know about Phillips ranking when he came out but that’s technically not his ranking anymore since he transferred. I believe his ranking is now a four star, that’s why I said Pope because I know he was a five star on rivals along with Lingbust that year. Lol
Rivals rankings don't count bro, they're retarded lol.

The 247 composite ratings are the most accurate, Phillips is still a 5-star on 247, if you go by Rivals they'll have someone like Keshawn Washington ranked ahead of Bubba Bolden lol.

Rivals is garbage, their writers & analysts don't know shìt about football.

Winning cures all. Why do you think Florida has more than Clemson? The second we build some momentum I can see us perenially getting these types of players. The hype just has to be real for a few seasons before it gets consistent
More what ? Clemson has 11 5*s. That’s a lot of difference makers.

Advertisement
Back