Takes From Yesterday's Game (semi-long)

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
It was refreshing to see us put up 50+ and end that miserable 4 game losing streak.

Some quick hitters I noticed:

-If Richt called games like this all year, we could be 8-1 if not 9-0. Glad he allowed Kaaya to rip it

-Kaaya did very well...including running from time to time. Was impressed w a bounce back performance after being sauteed by 98% of us.

-AR is the future, period

-Walton showed a lot of want...just need him to continue to improve his vision and feet. The feet are getting a tad bit better

-Appreciated the OL adjustments.

-This team still lacks discipline and I'm hoping that's fixed next year. Drop balls, late hits...enough is enough

-No more Gus Edwards talk, OK? Like ever

-Can't wait until Carter is gone. Literally saw him run away from a tackle, poor angles, and his hips are stiffer than anyone I know 6ft under.

All in all, I'm glad the adjustments were made. Let's b real, our record is our record but we have beat ourselves in 3 of the 4 games we lost.

I've been critical of the staff and some of the players, but we have some freshmen who are really talented. We need to improve speed overall, we need that Miami speed again, but seeing class of 16 leading the way, I truly believe the future is bright.

Wanna see us finish strong w a bowl victory, even if it's the Carmex Lip Gloss bowl. We need momentum heading into an important recruiting season.

Advertisement
Relly, nice post, as it relates to Walton Im not so sure those things you talk about(vision,feet) can really be coached up or taught. Those things are intangibles that you have to be born with as a RB. That's why I think his best role is as of a pass catching RB( where he has done some really nice things out of the backfield and I think both he and Yearby have been woefully underused in that area. But it was good to see more than one screen yesterday)

As for Carter, yeah, he's just a more muscular version of Lovon Ponder or Willie Cooper. He looks the part but simply can't play

Carter was also the safety that was out of position on the 75 yard touch down. After 4 years I am unable to figure out anything he does well. Would love to see more Johnson back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
We just gotta stop praying these running backs suddenly become something they aren't. Yearby has phenomenal vision and feel, but lacks explosiveness. Walton has the big play ability but just doesn't have the vision or sixth sense.

The criticisms (not aiming this at the OP) are just tiresome and pointless.

Good stuff, Relly.

Kaaya looks strangely competent when he has more than .03 seconds before he gets jumped in like a Mexican gang member.

Pitt has a legit pass rush, so you gotta give credit to Rick and Searels for finally plugging the gaping holes in the pass pro. Sad that it took so long, but I hope it's not just a temporary one game fix.

Walton is who he is. He's a hardworking team guy, and I appreciate what he brings. But he's not a top level RB.

Calling AR15 the future is a "nice" compliment, but it does not begin to tell the story.

He could leave a school well known for producing WR's as one of our all time greats.

I know he is only a freshman, but he is improving every game. His performance can only help attract Hollomand and other '17 WR recruits.

Advertisement
Relly, nice post, as it relates to Walton Im not so sure those things you talk about(vision,feet) can really be coached up or taught. Those things are intangibles that you have to be born with as a RB. That's why I think his best role is as of a pass catching RB( where he has done some really nice things out of the backfield and I think both he and Yearby have been woefully underused in that area. But it was good to see more than one screen yesterday)

As for Carter, yeah, he's just a more muscular version of Lovon Ponder or Willie Cooper. He looks the part but simply can't play

I'd like to see Walton and Yearby catching more passes. Both have solid hands and would be good on wheel routes.

Carter was also the safety that was out of position on the 75 yard touch down. After 4 years I am unable to figure out anything he does well. Would love to see more Johnson back there.

Wife saw the play and was like "who's # 6 frailing??" Yep, that's Carter in a nut shell.

I'd like to see Walton and Yearby catching more passes. Both have solid hands and would be good on wheel routes.

Absolutely! Would like to see them split out or used in wheel routes. Both have great hands.

Advertisement
Calling AR15 the future is a "nice" compliment, but it does not begin to tell the story.

He could leave a school well known for producing WR's as one of our all time greats.

I know he is only a freshman, but he is improving every game. His performance can only help attract Hollomand and other '17 WR recruits.

I agree and can become our Amari Cooper. He's absolutely murdering DBs right now and he was cheated out of his 2nd TD yesterday. How do you hit the pylon w ball w in possession and that's not a TD??

Good stuff, Relly.

Kaaya looks strangely competent when he has more than .03 seconds before he gets jumped in like a Mexican gang member.

Pitt has a legit pass rush, so you gotta give credit to Rick and Searels for finally plugging the gaping holes in the pass pro. Sad that it took so long, but I hope it's not just a temporary one game fix.

Walton is who he is. He's a hardworking team guy, and I appreciate what he brings. But he's not a top level RB.

Thanx Chise and agree w you completely. I'm interested to see what we do next game. If this O line plays like this again, and Kaaya is allowed to rip it again like a fat guy bending over to pick up a news paper, I think we may have found something. In regards to Walton; he's a team player, w good intangibles, but if he can be taught to follow blocks or set up cut back lanes, he can be a really good back. Not great, but really good.

Advertisement

Carter blocks Chad Jackson's path to the goal EXTREMELY well.

Advertisement
Back