Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

I still hope that my nephew ends up a hurricane fellas, may the best recruit win. I guess whoever commits first.

No disrespect meant to mike brother. Atleast not ever meant by me. But we all know you offer the best prospects and see where things go from there. In tais case he loves miami & had dreamed about playing for us. Its blatantly disrespectful by the staff to slow play him unless you're just not sure about him as a prospect. As a result hes simply growing resentment to us.

Thanks for the info. Is he growing resentment toward the other marquee programs that haven’t offered him yet? Or just us? Seems like we get that resentment against us while other programs are allowed to take their time.

Chise please not today brother i simply dont have the energy for this right now. Theres no need to knock on the kid as im sorry but you dont understand whats gone on in the background & what hes been told all along.

Advertisement
Prob extra salty since he came to paradise camp to earn that offer and still never got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't get it. He came to Paradise and did well. That's awesome. Not everyone who goes to Paradise and does well gets an offer.

If he really loves the Canes and wants to be here, then he won't hold us to some ridiculous standard that he's not holding other programs to. In fact, if he really loves UM, then he'd cut us a little more slack than he's cutting the other marquee programs that haven't offered yet. If it's all about who offers first, then he should be heading to Maryland or UConn.

You know who really loved UM? Trajan Bandy. The previous idiots disrespected the fvck out of that champion. Did he grudge out like a chick and wind up in Oklahoma where he didn't really want to be?

Although I agree with you. you're thinking like an adult. Trajan Bandy is an exception, clearly mature for his age.

If you're focused on a Miami offer, waiting on a Miami offer, showing up to camps working for a Miami offer and you see the staff offer two recruits who didn't show up at the camp. You would understandably develop some resentment at that age. "These guys don't think I'm good enough? I'll prove them wrong."

I fully understand the "I'll proven them wrong" mentality. That's how winners operate. That doesn't have to be accompanied by resentment though.

Like I said, if you're going to hold UM to the "offer me now, or I hate you" standard, then you should hold programs like Alabaga and Ohio Taint to the same or more stringent standard.

I guess my counter point is he doesn't care about those offers, so it wouldn't bother him whenever they come. He showed up at paradise for a reason and balled out. If he camped at Ohio state or Bama and didn't receive and offer I'm sure he'd be rattled.

He gave the coaches a chance to get on him first. has people connected to the program backing him and still hasn't got an offer. I can understand resentment from a teenager at that point, although I don't agree with it. **** its making some fans on here angry with the staff while he waits on the offer. (Granted people on here get angry very easily)

Bingo...

I still hope that my nephew ends up a hurricane fellas, may the best recruit win. I guess whoever commits first.

No disrespect meant to mike brother. Atleast not ever meant by me. But we all know you offer the best prospects and see where things go from there. In tais case he loves miami & had dreamed about playing for us. Its blatantly disrespectful by the staff to slow play him unless you're just not sure about him as a prospect. As a result hes simply growing resentment to us.

Thanks for the info. Is he growing resentment toward the other marquee programs that haven’t offered him yet? Or just us? Seems like we get that resentment against us while other programs are allowed to take their time.

Prob extra salty since he came to paradise camp to earn that offer and still never got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't get it. He came to Paradise and did well. That's awesome. Not everyone who goes to Paradise and does well gets an offer.

If he really loves the Canes and wants to be here, then he won't hold us to some ridiculous standard that he's not holding other programs to. In fact, if he really loves UM, then he'd cut us a little more slack than he's cutting the other marquee programs that haven't offered yet. If it's all about who offers first, then he should be heading to Maryland or UConn.

You know who really loved UM? Trajan Bandy. The previous idiots disrespected the fvck out of that champion. Did he grudge out like a chick and wind up in Oklahoma where he didn't really want to be?

I completely understand what you are saying, especially about Bandy.

That said, i can also understand Tai if he's starting to get frustrated by the situation. It's seemingly known he's a Canes fan and he did come to Paradise last year. Many of the top QBs commit early - it looks like half of the combined Top10 QBs (pocket and dual threat) have already done so. And the remaining kids obviously don't want to miss out on their opportunity but probably also want to wait as long as they can for the offers they want. Plus, nobody knows what has been said/done behind the scenes.

We have seen the lack of identifying a good QB last cycle with Sits and the stubbornness for a long time to move from him. We also heard the feedback from Dee on the ratings thing while chasing a kid completely across the country. I'm not saying Johnson isn't worth it...his tape is electric...but if you are a kid like Tai and see these things happening, you have to feel like you aren't "their guy" right now. That can weigh people, especially kids. Not to mention, we've put all our eggs in the basket of certain kids only to miss.....it's recruiting, it happens. But when you do it at QB, it's tough to recover. We got LUCKY with Williams this cycle.

Now i'm in no way saying we should offer anyone before we are comfortable or for kids we like but wouldn't want commitments from yet that may push away others. But in looking at things objectively from both sides, you have to at least see that the current situation could result in a prospect bouncing elsewhere.

yeah I can completely understand being ****ed if you're in Tai's shoes. I mean dude was just reranked as the number 1 DTQB by 247, balled at last Paradise camp, is a known Hurricane fan, has the connections to the program, is a physical beast....yet he doesn't have an offer but someone just got an offer this week.

we have offered a total of 4 qbs for 2019, and using the new 247 rankings:

1st offer was Spencer Rattler (ProQB 3) who is now committed to OU
2nd offer was Zamar Wise (DTQB 15) who commited to Rutgers less than a month after he UVed here and Jon Richt visited him.
3rd offer was to Michael Johnson (DTQB 13) who is uncommitted but looks like we're a longshot for. Jon Richt has visited him multiple times
4th offer was within the last week to Sam Howell (ProQB 1) who is uncommitted.

So basically we only have 2 offers out to uncommitted prospects. And one of them was offered this week. Seems clear baby richt was going all in on Michael Johnson trying to get him. And now he's starting to look at other options.

This seems like a pretty ******* obvious decision. Offer Tai, if he commits accept his commitment. Sounds like he might be transfering this year to a national program like IMG. Once there, where you know the competition is good, if he blows, you can do the same thing we did to *****. When he kills it, we have a stud on our hands. Simple.

No disrespect taken. Mike is serious about playing qb and he is serious about Miami. Offering the best prospects makes sense, if Tais as good as you say he is and Miami is his dream school, wth are the coaches waiting for!?

Simple answer seems to be Mike. Logical answer is not one clue

So frustrating. You would think coach Richt would have learned his lesson after the Deshaun Watson situation but maybe not. Just don't understand why they don't recruit both especially if there's one guy who seems to be somewhat of a longshot and the other kid is dying for an offer. The coaches obviously know more than any of us fans but I just hope this doesn't turn into another situation of egg on coach Richt's face.

It was Mike Bobo that told watson he wasn't good enough. He was playing in 4A and tearing up the competition. He thought the competition was too easy. I see people here say the exact same stuff about recruits in Georgia

Richt should have told him to f-off....Bobo himself played in a lower classification than Watson and started at Georgia.

I agree he should have. They chose Brice Ramsey over Watson

Advertisement
Simple answer seems to be Mike. Logical answer is not one clue

So frustrating. You would think coach Richt would have learned his lesson after the Deshaun Watson situation but maybe not. Just don't understand why they don't recruit both especially if there's one guy who seems to be somewhat of a longshot and the other kid is dying for an offer. The coaches obviously know more than any of us fans but I just hope this doesn't turn into another situation of egg on coach Richt's face.

It was Mike Bobo that told watson he wasn't good enough. He was playing in 4A and tearing up the competition. He thought the competition was too easy. I see people here say the exact same stuff about recruits in Georgia

Richt should have told him to f-off....Bobo himself played in a lower classification than Watson and started at Georgia.

Ramsey was in the class of 2013 and Watson was in 2014...

Ramsey was in the class of 2013 and Watson was in 2014...

Dang my fault. I still dont know how Ramsey was ranked that high. He was a wing t QB in high school

Chise please not today brother i simply dont have the energy for this right now. Theres no need to knock on the kid as im sorry but you dont understand whats gone on in the background & what hes been told all along.

I'm not trashing him at all. I think he's a great prospect, and we'd be lucky to get him. But I fully understand your position, friend. Keep doing God's work this weekend and until Wednesday.

Advertisement
**** THIS IS ******* STUPID I THOUGHT THIS KID DIDN'T LIKE US. NO WAY WE HAVE BETTER OPTIONS THAN THIS KID.

BACK TO THE SHADOWS I GO.

It's not over unless Taisun has decided that his dream school took too long and moved on.

An offer could come in the next 2 weeks for all we know.

If a 2019 recruit is really growing resentment bc his "dream school" hasn't offered lol then I don't want him... go to another school, simple.

At the end of the day, he's a qb... we are going to get an elite qb in 2019 2020 2021 just like we did in 2018 and 2017. Only one can start, you won't be missed at the end of the day.

I'm not trashing him at all. I think he's a great prospect, and we'd be lucky to get him. But I fully understand your position, friend. Keep doing God's work this weekend and until Wednesday.

Im gonna add to this now. All im gonna say is whatever i was able to do before to hold off resentment is rapidly disappearing. At this point im ready to just give up. We just offered our first pure qb prospect(nothing about an athelete) last week in sam howell. Sam throws a good ball. Not gonna knock a kid for getting an offer. But its another qb offered & STILL no offer for tai... Hes paying attention to all this and for a kid who has done 100% of what weve asked him to do its st arting to show theres something else to this... if we dont like him as a prospect for whatever reason than its as simple as stating no interest here. Not all the subterfuge.

Advertisement

Im gonna add to this now. All im gonna say is whatever i was able to do before to hold off resentment is rapidly disappearing. At this point im ready to just give up. We just offered our first pure qb prospect(nothing about an athelete) last week in sam howell. Sam throws a good ball. Not gonna knock a kid for getting an offer. But its another qb offered & STILL no offer for tai... Hes paying attention to all this and for a kid who has done 100% of what weve asked him to do its st arting to show theres something else to this... if we dont like him as a prospect for whatever reason than its as simple as stating no interest here. Not all the subterfuge.

yeah im just not understanding the plan.

**** you can give one of those non committable "offers" where you make it a condition that you want to see what he does during summer camps and **** and see how he finishes off the year academically, etc before he can commit. That gives you the best of both worlds. 1 it shows the player were paying attention and that his work is paying off. 2 it allows us more time to evaulate without the resentment building up.

Like what is the problem with doing that? It is sending a CLEAR message to the player, and also basically showing him we're committed to evaluating him. Its the simple things that we should be doing.

And its not like this is just some bum. Its very obvious he's one of the most talented kids in the country. Lets just be real, clearly Jon Richt thinks Michael Johnson is better than Tai. Thats pretty obvious. But the ****ed up thing is you don't not offer the 2nd best player because you're holding out for the 1st. Thats how you get ****ed at the end of the day. If you can get the 2nd best you get him and can still recruit who you view as the best.

Dee, can you go into what he was told to do by the staff. What they are telling him now. Are they staying in constant contact with him?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back