Taisun Phommachanh in the New 247 ranking

Advertisement
offer the ******* kid.

Lil cjr & a fee of us finally had words over tai. In the last week hes picked up offers from 15 schools including penn st,fsu & ohio st. With clemson & bama telling him theyll offer this week. Point is everything weve told the kid from day 1 we wanted to see him personally do hes done,when we told him we wanted to see some other evals around the country,done. So i asked him the other day we ready to offer him right cause hes ready to commit. His response is theres just some things hes not feeling. Thats fine if thats the case but why not say that all along and we either get him to address it or we move on. Never bothered to express this last year but the decision to move on from sits wasnt made by cjr. He was told enough is enough. He got into his feelings over that. Many feel this is his way of responding to that which is why i say it feels like this is just an ego move. So at this point it sortve seems unless people speak up ta is gonna end up somewhere else. Which in the end with both tai & cade fortin we might end up regretting. Cade being at unc & tai well just have to see. Hopefully its not too late.

Nepotism is always a fine way to build a high quality coaching staff.

Not a big fan of Richt the Younger.

Let's get this fellow or Johnson - soon - before the top ones are all committed.

offer the ******* kid.

Lil cjr & a fee of us finally had words over tai. In the last week hes picked up offers from 15 schools including penn st,fsu & ohio st. With clemson & bama telling him theyll offer this week. Point is everything weve told the kid from day 1 we wanted to see him personally do hes done,when we told him we wanted to see some other evals around the country,done. So i asked him the other day we ready to offer him right cause hes ready to commit. His response is theres just some things hes not feeling. Thats fine if thats the case but why not say that all along and we either get him to address it or we move on. Never bothered to express this last year but the decision to move on from sits wasnt made by cjr. He was told enough is enough. He got into his feelings over that. Many feel this is his way of responding to that which is why i say it feels like this is just an ego move. So at this point it sortve seems unless people speak up ta is gonna end up somewhere else. Which in the end with both tai & cade fortin we might end up regretting. Cade being at unc & tai well just have to see. Hopefully its not too late.

Staff don't have time for soft shouldered xxxxx circa Andrew Chatfield 2018.

If the staff prefers Michael Johnson Jr. that's who i prefer.

When is this board going to learn?? When recruits act like him all they wanna do is get a UM offer so they can throw the hat on the ground on NSD.... fck that and fck him in advance NEXT!!

You dont have a clue what youre talking about. I respect you have a opinion but in this case & many others that opinion is pointless. He wants an offer cause since he was a lil kid hes dreamed about putting on this helmet. Kid bleeds um. Were making him hate that about himself. Previously hed commit on the spot. I respect the michael johnson jr play but we even told him our initial eval just like with wise was not being deadset on him as a qb but as an athelete we want him here. Told him the same thing as tai that we wanna see how our room plays out first & how his recruitment shapes up. As ive said no disrespect to mike but all the arguements you use for tai also has to apply to mike. Apples being apples its really not too close. Mike would be an all american wr or possibly even rb. Tai i s a qb & thats what hes supposed to be. Hes listed as a dual threat but he 100% can make any throw asked of him. No one else can say that. And if you wanna take that arguement further to sam in nc that boys comp is weaker than either of the other two & hes about 5-10 on risers. He does throw a pretty ball though. Just offer the kids who deserve and let recruitments play out from there. No reason not too.

When is this board going to learn?? When recruits act like him all they wanna do is get a UM offer so they can throw the hat on the ground on NSD.... fck that and fck him in advance NEXT!!

You dont have a clue what youre talking about. I respect you have a opinion but in this case & many others that opinion is pointless. He wants an offer cause since he was a lil kid hes dreamed about putting on this helmet. Kid bleeds um. Were making him hate that about himself. Previously hed commit on the spot. I respect the michael johnson jr play but we even told him our initial eval just like with wise was not being deadset on him as a qb but as an athelete we want him here. Told him the same thing as tai that we wanna see how our room plays out first & how his recruitment shapes up. As ive said no disrespect to mike but all the arguements you use for tai also has to apply to mike. Apples being apples its really not too close. Mike would be an all american wr or possibly even rb. Tai i s a qb & thats what hes supposed to be. Hes listed as a dual threat but he 100% can make any throw asked of him. No one else can say that. And if you wanna take that arguement further to sam in nc that boys comp is weaker than either of the other two & hes about 5-10 on risers. He does throw a pretty ball though. Just offer the kids who deserve and let recruitments play out from there. No reason not too.

I like kids that WANT to wear that Orange and Green with pride. If Tai is all about being a Cane then I hope we offer. I'd rather have kids that love the program and want to build it rather than chase 5* kids that we might not get.

Advertisement

Then whats the hold up over his offer?

offer the ******* kid.

So just so I'm understanding correctly. Even after the discussion with you and other alumni. Even after a bunch of other big schools offered, and even after he is ranked as the #1 dual threat QB on 247. Lil Richt with 2 years experience coaching QB's has decided he is not prepared to offer?

I think it's best I ignore recruiting from now on. Just watch the team on Saturdays

It’s getting to the point we we have to stop lying to ourselves. We have way too many JV coaches and recruiters on this staff to have them be able to hold so much weight with an offer.

I’ve about had it with this stupidity I need to get away from this nonsense.

Advertisement
offer the ******* kid.

Seems like Richt Jr. possesses a dangerous level of inflexible stubbornness. Having to be told enough is enough in regards to Sitkowski speaks volumes. Almost like he's trying to prove himself to shed the nepotism label at all costs, even in the face of insurmountable evidence in the cases of both Sitkowski and Tai.

Johnson Jr. & Tai are studs and both should be pursued heavily. An offer for Tai is long overdue. Zeroing in one just one player at QB is foolish for a host of reasons, but especially because they tend to make their decisions very early and if you miss...the others are committed elsewhere and you're left with nothing. Both are deserving of full court press recruiting efforts from this staff.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Dee is there any way you and some other parents/family or players can talk to CMR directly about this. See if he can extend an offer before it is too late?

We all heard about how all year long players were telling the staff to get Samuels and because it took them so long to really recruit him we didn't get him. Is there anyway you can talk to them so that situation doesn't repeat itself?

Advertisement
offer the ******* kid.

I don't mind the young fella Jon Jon doing the recruiting because he seems to do a pretty good job of that. I do, however, mind him having any sort of autonomy in the evaluation/selection process.

He's a total freshman in the game, and it's downright criminal for him to be evaluating/selecting QBs and having the final say or a big portion of the say in who we pursue. He should be told, "This is the guy we want. Now, go camp out at his school and don't come back till you get him."

Start emailing Dougherty. Its the only noise we can bring.

Doherty ain't got no juice over Rick's son. Rick himself needs to wake the fck up.

I keep hearing how Bobo, not Rick, fcked up the Deshawn Watson recruitment. You'd think if that was true that Rick would learn his lesson and not abdicate responsibility for the most important position on the field to a freshman in the game like his son.

offer the ******* kid.

Im sure your ego wont get in the way of posting about this 457 times over the next cycle.

Advertisement
Back