Tailgate Thread

Too many good games at 3:30 to watch on tv.

I'll get to the stadium around 7pm.

We will have our tv out there, meat me at the green lot bro!

how do you do your tv setup? My friend and I were discussing how to make it work, we were thinking a power inverter for the tv and then chromecast using a hotspot on the phone along with playstation vue app/ watch espn for games

I run the ESPN or SlingTV app on my phone with an usb-c to HDMI connector into the TV. 5500W generator is way overkill for just the TV, but WTH.

Advertisement
SW corner, Blue Lot first row in the back. Look for #caneiousmaximus

View attachment 53085

Yoooo are you guys from the tampa area? I've definitely seen that van around here! So hyped for this weekend

Yes, my buddy Kevin who owns the van lives in Valrico. I live in Pembroke Pines.

Man I live right here, but I've never seen that van. Where is the Valrico/Brandon hangout for away games?

East 22!! Going carnita tacos, achiote steak, Civil IPA's and Cycle stouts. Get noyce and sauced before to scream at those Hokie farkers.

I really really want to try that Everyday I'm Wafflin IPA that Civil just released, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it. I wish that brewery were a little closer to me.

It was OK. I was trying to make the release this Saturday morning but there ain't no way I would make it back in time to meet up my tailgate crew in Miramar by 3:15.

Where do you live? I'm in Plantation, so it's a long *** drive up and back to Jupiter for beers. I wish they'd open a second facility in Broward somewhere, kinda like Funky Buddha did.

I'm in Cooper City. I wish west Broward had anything other than Mack House

I'm sitting here at work waiting to leave for the 305 like...

giphy.gif

What time are the gates opening? Heard its 4pm, if so thats some bull****

Advertisement
Anyone use a antenna for the TV? Wondering how it worked at the stadium and which one you used?

We use one from WalMart. Just a plain antenna. Works great! I think we paid $12 for it.

We use a Terk HD antenna that we got at Best Buy. Reception at the stadium is good, and it picks up CBS, NBC, ABC and the ACC channel in HD (in addition to about 30 other channels). The only downside to antennas is they won't get ESPN.

There are a type of Terk ones I am seeing....which one do you have?

Mine is probably old by now, but it looks like this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9FHHHN/ref=asc_df_B01N9FHHHN5247486/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B01N9FHHHN&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216526779832&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8174607341036474421&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9061312&hvtargid=pla-348384127896

Basically, it is a flat, black, square that picks up channels from any direction and then amplifies the signal for a good quality picture. I'm sure they have newer, fancier models now, but key words to look for are probably omni-directional and amplified.

Sweet. Thanks.

Looking to stop and pick up some eats to bring to tail gait.

Anybody got a killer suggestion for places coming 140 miles down the turnpike.

Sports grill has some of the best wings i've ever had. They are called the special grilled wings and get them with the franks red hot or miami heat sauce.

If anyone's interested I can be talked into doing Wings. I do them for a living, make sauces, compete. I've beaten all of Buffalo, NY's best Wings places in formal competition. If anyone wants to pitch in I'll bring the sauces, get a case of Wings at Restaurant Depot, blue cheese.

I would need a fryer which I can buy, but if anyone has a propane turkey fryer or a propane deep fryer that would help.

Just throwing it out there.

I can only promise some of the best if not the best outright Wings that you've ever had.

Anyone use a antenna for the TV? Wondering how it worked at the stadium and which one you used?

We use one from WalMart. Just a plain antenna. Works great! I think we paid $12 for it.

We use a Terk HD antenna that we got at Best Buy. Reception at the stadium is good, and it picks up CBS, NBC, ABC and the ACC channel in HD (in addition to about 30 other channels). The only downside to antennas is they won't get ESPN.

Can you get WiFi in the parking lot? What kind of tv do you use? Do you have a laptop with a hdmi slot? If so, hook your laptop up to the tv, project the laptop to the tv, and now you have ESPN plus any other game you want if you know the right sites....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Looking to stop and pick up some eats to bring to tail gait.

Anybody got a killer suggestion for places coming 140 miles down the turnpike.

Sports grill has some of the best wings i've ever had. They are called the special grilled wings and get them with the franks red hot or miami heat sauce.

If anyone's interested I can be talked into doing Wings. I do them for a living, make sauces, compete. I've beaten all of Buffalo, NY's best Wings places in formal competition. If anyone wants to pitch in I'll bring the sauces, get a case of Wings at Restaurant Depot, blue cheese.

I would need a fryer which I can buy, but if anyone has a propane turkey fryer or a propane deep fryer that would help.

Just throwing it out there.

I can only promise some of the best if not the best outright Wings that you've ever had.

I know Deep End personally and can 100% vouch for him. Been part of similar tailgates of his in the past and promise you won’t be disappointed. If anyone is interested we can set something up for the ND game in the Orange lot around East 23. Lets have a tailgate a game of this magnitude deserves!

I am driving down from Nashville, TN for the ND game. My Dad grew up tailgating at the OB, and remembers how rowdy those days were. As an outsider from Miami, what is the best way to do this, and show my Dad nostalgic-Miami-Rowdiness?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back