Tailgate Thread

thisismyusername

Freshman
It may be too early to discuss this, but **** it I'm excited. Where's everyone tailgating? What are you eating? What are you drinking?

I'll be in blue lot, haven't decided on drinks yet beyond a handle of Jameson, but keeping the food relatively simple with some burgers/brats/snacks. Maybe a little beer pong.

Advertisement
interested as well. Flying in from TN, this will be my first Canes Home game.

Where's the big tailgate at? Can't wait to meet some of you

Too many good games at 3:30 to watch on tv.

I'll get to the stadium around 7pm.

Advertisement
Don't know bout y'all but i'm cookin up turkey

giphy.gif

We will have our tv out there, meat me at the green lot bro!

how do you do your tv setup? My friend and I were discussing how to make it work, we were thinking a power inverter for the tv and then chromecast using a hotspot on the phone along with playstation vue app/ watch espn for games

Advertisement

how do you do your tv setup? My friend and I were discussing how to make it work, we were thinking a power inverter for the tv and then chromecast using a hotspot on the phone along with playstation vue app/ watch espn for games

That's an option, but if you're hardcore, you bring DirecTV dish and receiver. Put the dish on a tripod. This is how we used to do it back in the day before broadband wireless.

Advertisement

How do you hook up your TV?

You would use a car power inverter which is essentially a box you plug into your car's 12v outlet which allows you to use it like a wall outlet. My question is what's the drain on your car's battery/gas tank like in order to run that for an entire tailgate?

That's an option, but if you're hardcore, you bring DirecTV dish and receiver. Put the dish on a tripod. This is how we used to do it back in the day before broadband wireless.

We use to do the dish, nowadays it is so much easier:

How do you hook up your TV?

You would use a car power inverter which is essentially a box you plug into your car's 12v outlet which allows you to use it like a wall outlet. My question is what's the drain on your car's battery/gas tank like in order to run that for an entire tailgate?

We have a marine battery we take out there that lasts the full tailgate. If anything, we hook it up to the truck for a charge. Then the inverter, like you mentioned, along with an HD antenna that'll get you the local channels. We also bring an extra phone for the wireless hotspot and stream WatchESPN on a Firestick.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back