T U R N O V E R C H A I N ! ! !

Advertisement
It's also great that Adidas are on board - they got us a box made and have heavily marketed the Chain.

Great decision to leave Nike.

Came down from NY for my first game this season last night and, as great of a marketing/hype tool that the turnover chain appears on TV, it is 100x more powerful in person. Every recruit wants to put that bad boy on. I saw 100s, if not 1,000s of fans rocking turnover chain t-shirts and some (like A-Rod) wore replica chains.

Folks, this has to be a new UM tradition and not just a 2017 thing. I've already seen opposing fans saying they need a chain, too. F that. Some schools stole our running through the smoke tradition, we need to patent or trademark this thing.

I know Adidas has picked up on it now but I believe Dyme Lyfe has made just shy $42 mil USD on the original incarnation of those shirts. Good for them for immediately jumping on it.

Came down from NY for my first game this season last night and, as great of a marketing/hype tool that the turnover chain appears on TV, it is 100x more powerful in person. Every recruit wants to put that bad boy on. I saw 100s, if not 1,000s of fans rocking turnover chain t-shirts and some (like A-Rod) wore replica chains.

Folks, this has to be a new UM tradition and not just a 2017 thing. I've already seen opposing fans saying they need a chain, too. F that. Some schools stole our running through the smoke tradition, we need to patent or trademark this thing.

I know Adidas has picked up on it now but I believe Dyme Lyfe has made just shy $42 mil USD on the original incarnation of those shirts. Good for them for immediately jumping on it.

LMAO. There is no way that number is even remotely close to being corrrect

Advertisement
I'm a Steelers fan but was about to rage as I thought they might be stealing our deal. Thankfully it wasn't.

20171105_132048.jpg

Who gets the credit for thinking up the idea of the chain, and making it happen? Diaz?

Diaz's idea, Rump execution

I want to give Wilfork a little credit for being there too. In my mind a big *** dude like him definitely steered it towards being bigger than it otherwise would have: "Hey Rumph, that one might be ok for you and Diaz, but I'd have to wear it as a bracelet............make it waaay bigger!"

LMAO. There is no way that number is even remotely close to being corrrect

Give or take a few decimal points.

Advertisement

It will be a tradition. Imagine if it had started 30 years ago. It would have so much more meaning to wear the chain that Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, and so many more wore before you. That's 30 years from now.

What a boon to recruiting. VT players get a 50 year old dented up lunch bucket. Our guys get the chain. Not hard to figure out which one resonates with potential recruits these days.

It's marketing genius. It has been especially helpful to actually get some turnovers to show off as well. It all came together perfectly.

Who gets the credit for thinking up the idea of the chain, and making it happen? Diaz?

Diaz's idea, Rump execution

I want to give Wilfork a little credit for being there too. In my mind a big *** dude like him definitely steered it towards being bigger than it otherwise would have: "Hey Rumph, that one might be ok for you and Diaz, but I'd have to wear it as a bracelet............make it waaay bigger!"

Yep and I'm pretty sure it was said that Wilfork pushed for Cuban links. Crazy that he just happened to be with the jeweler when they got the call to make it.

i gt a feeling there's gonna be mucho copycat chains or some paraphernalia at other schools really soon. Can't beat the original though!

Advertisement
i gt a feeling there's gonna be mucho copycat chains or some paraphernalia at other schools really soon. Can't beat the original though!

I don't think there will be other chains except for maybe at real ****** schools like Arkansas State, but a lot of schools already have other things. Ours is just the best.

What a boon to recruiting. VT players get a 50 year old dented up lunch bucket. Our guys get the chain. Not hard to figure out which one resonates with potential recruits these days.

So, do they get a Twizzle out of the lunchbox, do they get to lick it? Or just give it an admiring glance?

Advertisement
We back

[video=youtube;-ou03RLMI14]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ou03RLMI14[/video]

We need to blast that intro with "turnover chain" on repeat after each turnover just to get under the skin of the other team. The Rock can do its part to **** with opponent's heads too.

Advertisement
Back