T. Brooks & A. Edwards Announcing TODAY

Advertisement
Ok For people who didn't like my earlier post, I think you misinterpreted it, I'm simply trying to say that I hope we get our plan A Kids so we don't need to flee to plan b's, but hey if they have nothing to do with 6,Kirk, coley, Collins, bostwick, grace, and Keef, I'm with you guys bring them aboard

Backtracking 101.

Gus is the #1 FB in the nation and could play RB as well.

Brooks is a juco DT that can make an immediate impact. Also, like others have mentioned before, Brooks is being recruited by Bill Snyder who is no dummy when it comes to evaluating jucos.

Just because these 2 arent 5*s doesnt mean they are plan A kids.

Remember AG isnt a catalog shopper.

I don't believe Brooks is a Plan A kid at all...the staff gave the season to evaluate JUCO DTs and linemen and Hooks was the guy on top of their list. Toby Johnson, injury notwithstanding, was seemingly near the top of their list...then after some evaluation, Kamalu (a stack end, IMO) and Brooks emerged as targets.

Edwards seems like a late evaluation, to me...or just a guy Coley took with him from FSU.

Brooks...I'd take regardless. We need a JUCO DT. Even if we get Bryant and Bostwick, we need a junior college player that is ready to play inside. I've been saying that since September and won't back off that now. Bostwick and/or Bryant, in a perfect work, would barely play if at all, in Year One. We need a good JUCO to come in right away. Brooks was a third team All-American JUCO player. Second highest rated JUCO DT in the Texas JUCO system. For example...Lavon Hooks was a third team JUCO All-American. Toby Johnson was a second team All-American. Former Southridge HS DE Desmond Hollin is a third team All-American JUCO DE (he committed to FSU, FWIW). 46 tackles, 11 TFL on the season.

No, he's didn't produce like Lavon Hooks...but, we need an immediate contributor at DT, IMO and while he's down on the list of guys we've targeted, I'd take him.

As for Edwards...he brings something we don't have (or don't utilize, depending on your feelings on Mo Hagens)...I'd take him straight up...no one else's scholarship is up or grabs.

Yeah Golden clearly thinks we can win big next year with the way he's recruiting these JUCO DTs.

Was brooks the kid committed to Baylor? I didn't think he ever waivered. It wasn't questioning people, I was just qurious if we had a shot. Didn't think we were really in it.

Advertisement
Was brooks the kid committed to Baylor? I didn't think he ever waivered. It wasn't questioning people, I was just qurious if we had a shot. Didn't think we were really in it.
Knew he was considering Baylor, didnt know that he was committed there. I think there was a positive post visit article or two, but nothing to point to as a lock.

Ok For people who didn't like my earlier post, I think you misinterpreted it, I'm simply trying to say that I hope we get our plan A Kids so we don't need to flee to plan b's, but hey if they have nothing to do with 6,Kirk, coley, Collins, bostwick, grace, and Keef, I'm with you guys bring them aboard

Backtracking 101.

Brooks is a juco DT that can make an immediate impact. Also, like others have mentioned before, Brooks is being recruited by Bill Snyder who is no dummy when it comes to evaluating jucos.

I don't believe Brooks is a Plan A kid at all...the staff gave the season to evaluate JUCO DTs and linemen and Hooks was the guy on top of their list. Toby Johnson, injury notwithstanding, was seemingly near the top of their list...then after some evaluation, Kamalu (a stack end, IMO) and Brooks emerged as targets.

Edwards seems like a late evaluation, to me...or just a guy Coley took with him from FSU.

Cant disagree here. Ive learned to trust this staff.

To be totally honest I pray they don't pick us

kobe-death-stare-mike-brown.gif

Backtracking 101.

Cant disagree here. Ive learned to trust this staff.

I think the staff has been in contact with Edwards since the summer. Pretty sure he is not a plan B kid. He is a "we aren't sold on Dillard" kid.

Advertisement
We were on Edwards early but he was locked up to the Cuse and was happy. But after the coach left he opened it back up.

Edwards pushed announcement to Wednesday.

Looks like he is waiting on Collins and further evaluating the situation.

Advertisement
I am not huge on brooks. However, if his committ wouldnt has nothing to do with the other kids, I dont care about giving a characther guy a shot. Just hope it doesnt mean we miss out on others.
Edwards I have said all along will be a FB. I like him to develop there.

Stars sometimes don't matter because Jalen Grimble was a blue chipper with at least 4 stars from everyone and got beat out on the depth chart by a unheralded 3 star in Earl Moore and even
Dequan Ivery and Corey King (2 star) were playing as much as his or more at the end of the season.

I would love to land both guys but im not as confident on Brooks as some others are. JMO but I think he sticks with Baylor.

Advertisement
Back