2023 Sydir Mitchell, Jr, 4 star DT from Bergen Catholic HS offered

Shodell said before the visit even happened he couldn’t get in touch with the kid so this is how Mitchell rolls.

Shodell and Gary also went on to say that if kids act like this towards media members it’s a good sign they’re not too interested in that school. Hope they’re wrong but that sounds about right
This is what I was getting at. There’s a difference between being busy and saying I’ll get back to you and just straight up not responding/making yourself available to local media. Does it mean he’s not coming for sure? Of course not, but idk how it could make you feel good about where we stand.

Advertisement
I literally cannot think of an example of a kid ever saying he had a bad visit somewhere immediately after the fact …I’m sure it has happened, but in 15+ years following this I can’t think of one.

The “post visit interview” article is completely useless and anyone pretending it isn’t is trying to sell you something.

I literally cannot think of an example of a kid ever saying he had a bad visit somewhere immediately after the fact …I’m sure it has happened, but in 15+ years following this I can’t think of one.

The “post visit interview” article is completely useless and anyone pretending it isn’t is trying to sell you something.

Willie Williams in Gainesville...

Advertisement
Advertisement
E382C62E-FA9D-47BB-8BD3-09CFD91D71BE.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
And OSU.

They'll all still get great talent but they'll no longer just get their pick of the litter.
Oh ST is a necessary evil imo, they’re part of keeping the balance from the SEC overrunning the Nation with all the talent.

I don’t like them, but I’d rather Oh ST be viable & getting their share of top tier players than all the top 100 kids just going to Bama, UGA & TAMU.

Oh ST is a necessary evil imo, they’re part of keeping the balance from the SEC overrunning the Nation with all the talent.

I don’t like them, but I’d rather Oh ST be viable & getting their share of top tier players than all the top 100 kids just going to Bama, UGA & TAMU.
I’ll say again El that it sure seems like we’re making a lot more of these kids top 5 or so then in the past. That has to be a good sign even if we miss on some.

I’ll say again El that it sure seems like we’re making a lot more of these kids top 5 or so then in the past. That has to be a good sign even if we miss on some.
For the last 15 years we’ve been in on far too many 5 stars without having a legit shot at whatever player. We were always a free trip or a hat to punk on a commitment. We are now getting into top 5’s and we’re one of the 3 teams that are actually vying for the commitment not just a free trip or a hat to throw off the set.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back