2023 Sydir Mitchell, Jr, 4 star DT from Bergen Catholic HS offered

Advertisement
UGA, TAMU, and AU are our main competition here.

-UGA is selling every NT on being the next Jordan Davis.
-TAMUs DL coach is from Jersey and they have been on him hard.
-He has visited Auburn a ton and seems to really like their DL coach.

I wouldn’t count out the home team either.
I hope those coaches haven’t been on him hard. Pause

Advertisement
This is one of the Jersey teams that usually plays a Florida powerhouse each year. The Fla. kids have more raw talent, but this team and the others in the Jersey Catholic League are all very well coached and disciplined and they play great competition.That league was called the best in the nation a few years ago by Maxpreps. The kid will be fundamentally sound as a freshman. Problem is BC is a Notre Dame pipeline. Michigan eats well in North Jersey too. Will be a tough pull.
Not a single team in nj does that

I hope so......we've had a few chippers from here; Bryant McKinnie, Greg Olsen.......but we also had the likes of Greg's idiot brother and Brian Fortay.....all the good schools are concentrated in a relatively small area in North Jersey. BC, Don Bosco, St Joe's St. Pete's etc......could do a 3 day swing here and hit them all...pick up some big Linemen here. Good QB's (Pitt got their Heisman candidate from here) and you get an occasional skill player. I think AQM out of Don Bosco was our last real Jersey recruit and I think the only reason he got a look was because Bosco knocked off STA and IIRC won the HS Natty.
Not true. There's good programs up and down NJ, not just in the north.

Advertisement
Not true. There's good programs up and down NJ, not just in the north.
Good but the North Jersey Catholic schools are the top. It's been that way for 30 years. Paramus Catholic, St Joes Montvale, Don Bosco, and St Peters Prep have all been nationally ranked, none of the rest of the state has been (Maybe Wayne Hills when Chris Sims was on the team) BC was ranked 3rd this season nationally.

Not a single team in nj does that
Yes they do. Its not every year but the Catholic schools play out-of-state teams each season. Bergen's played American Heritage, IMG, and St Edward (oh) in the same season in 2015-16. Last year they played a team from OH and De.

They got that by recruiting....it's not some secret pill. The reason those guys got drafted is because they were always going to get drafted. They were monsters out of HS as well it wasn't a secret.

I disagree development is more important to getting drafted than talent coming out of highschool… highschool talent level only gives u an edge in college.

Advertisement
I disagree development is more important to getting drafted than talent coming out of highschool… highschool talent level only gives u an edge in college.
Yea but it isn't some wizard magic those guys can go to Rutgers all of them and they would be the same elite. Like Hunter at JSU....JSU ain't making him he's making JSU. No one ever saw smart HC ever when he was hired. It was easy to tell UGA would be elite. U know why? Cause of the targets the evals and the closes.....plain and simple. Anyone who hated on him knew he had what it takes in cfb.....Recruiting.

I hope so......we've had a few chippers from here; Bryant McKinnie, Greg Olsen.......but we also had the likes of Greg's idiot brother and Brian Fortay.....all the good schools are concentrated in a relatively small area in North Jersey. BC, Don Bosco, St Joe's St. Pete's etc......could do a 3 day swing here and hit them all...pick up some big Linemen here. Good QB's (Pitt got their Heisman candidate from here) and you get an occasional skill player. I think AQM out of Don Bosco was our last real Jersey recruit and I think the only reason he got a look was because Bosco knocked off STA and IIRC won the HS Natty.
And I don’t care what Brian Cushing was or wasent on, he’s the kid I hoped for back in 05. Get back into Jersey and dominate there

UGA, TAMU, and AU are our main competition here.

-UGA is selling every NT on being the next Jordan Davis.
-TAMUs DL coach is from Jersey and they have been on him hard.
-He has visited Auburn a ton and seems to really like their DL coach.

I wouldn’t count out the home team either.
Sell him on 3 Millie and call it a day

Advertisement
I was under the impression that UGA wouldn’t take both him and Jarrett, looks like I may be wrong. Good thing is, he is getting their Ov out of the way early. Hopefully he doesn’t shut it down after that. Kid is the goods.

FF4ECFB5-5E44-4065-9E67-FBF29E617022.png

Says hey may take but is unsure if he will take another visit to Miami. If UGA lands both him and 2023 DT Jamaal Jarrett that is just unfair my God that is two 6'6" 350+lbs DT's that are both very athletic and country strong.

Go Canes

His words was he "probably will take one to Miami and Texas", seemed more positive than your unsure statement implied. Yes, its possible he may not official but we could be in Rutgers shoes with the Rutgers reporter begging for an official and flatly being told no and the reporter trying to spin it that its all good cause he can drop by any time he wants. I remember those days with local recruits. Wasn't that long ago.

and LOL at Rutger actually thinking they've got a chance here.

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Advertisement
Back