Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
D money did say that. he said howard could have committed to us at any point and we would have accepted it. the spin is hilarious now

You're a lawyer. You know there are a few gray areas and technicalities in what you just typed.

IMG_0839.gif

Advertisement
D$ and/or Cribby, hit me with the eyes reaction if we may hit a HR with our next at-bat…

i dont blame D money. hes told what hes told. its not his fault imo.

Exactly. Some porsters are trying to get some people to argue against other people.

It's unfortunate.

DMoney is da gawd. And even Cribby will tell you that incorrect information gets disseminated sometimes. Happens to everyone, happens to the best.

Exactly. Some porsters are trying to get some people to argue against other people.

It's unfortunate.

DMoney is da gawd. And even Cribby will tell you that incorrect information gets disseminated sometimes. Happens to everyone, happens to the best.
unfortunately, everyone has a purpose. the insiders get fed turthful info and also intentionally misleading info for their sources own reasons. it is what it is.

Advertisement
unfortunately, everyone has a purpose. the insiders get fed turthful info and also intentionally misleading info for their sources own reasons. it is what it is.
Yep. Talked about this over the summer when recruiting was all over the place. The staff has to determine whether they’re being ****ed with, that’s just part of recruiting. Then if insiders are getting info from those people, then you’ve got a game of telephone happening

I trust D but also don’t take everything at face value just because I know some things the kids and families tell the staff is BS to begin with

Yep. Talked about this over the summer when recruiting was all over the place. The staff has to determine whether they’re being ****ed with, that’s just part of recruiting. Then if insiders are getting info from those people, then you’ve got a game of telephone happening

I trust D but also don’t take everything at face value just because I know some things the kids and families tell the staff is BS to begin with
also the staff knows the insiders will talk and send this message out. teams use reporters and insiders all the time to relay their message that they want out there.

Advertisement

It’s like with Mauigoa last year. The Vols were confident they were getting them because their staff misread the situation and passed on faulty info. Cribby’s and DMoney’s info is beyond reproach as it pertains what the Miami side of it all feels but as fans we lose track of reality and the possibility that our side could not only be outright wrong but they can also purposely create their own narratives. It’s just the nature of things.

I think the issue here was that not only was the info off but when people questioned the info they were again chastised for suggesting anything but a rosy outcome. However I do think DMoney handled the situation well. He gave m updates when new info was available and when things came crashing down, he outright said it was a swing and a miss. Can’t really ask for anything more.

The stuff with Jeremiah Smith is a perfect example.

On one side, you have binary porsters who want to spew the "he was never coming here" nonsense to protect their feels.

On the other side, you have very specific information that Jeremiah Smith conveyed to coaches and/or players at THREE schools that he was choosing that school.

In between, you have some great insiders like DMoney and Cribby who are doing their best to help people understand where the process stands, without giving away too much information that messes up the process.

Advertisement
also the staff knows the insiders will talk and send this message out. teams use reporters and insiders all the time to relay their message that they want out there.

Yes. The hope is that the team information is accurate (either now or in the near future) at a success rate that doesn't undermine their credibility. Because if the insiders doubt the team info enough not to repeat it, then the team can't get the info out there.

Weird ecosystem.

It’s like with Mauigoa last year. The Vols were confident they were getting them because their staff misread the situation and passed on faulty info. Cribby’s and DMoney’s info is beyond reproach as it pertains what the Miami side of it all feels but as fans we lose track of reality and the possibility that our side could not only be outright wrong but they can also purposely create their own narratives. It’s just the nature of things.

I think the issue here was that not only was the info off but when people questioned the info they were again chastised for suggesting anything but a rosy outcome. However I do think DMoney handled the situation well. He gave m updates when new info was available and when things came crashing down, he outright said it was a swing and a miss. Can’t really ask for anything more.
100%

The people that kept criticizing him for driving clicks and making money off of it have obviously never ran a website before 😂

I see a lot of people take the same approach I do where you listen to a few people but you still put it through your own filtering process

Mario definitely has proved me wrong many times and saying “prove it to me” is a boring approach for a message board, but I’ll have to see us land some elite talent at QB before I allow myself to go there

On one side, you have binary porsters who want to spew the "he was never coming here" nonsense to protect their feels.

On the other side, you have very specific information that Jeremiah Smith conveyed to coaches and/or players at THREE schools that he was choosing that school.

In between, you have some great insiders like DMoney and Cribby who are doing their best to help people understand where the process stands, without giving away too much information that messes up the process.
And though it sometimes ends badly, it's a recipe for disaster for D and Cribby who are trying to do the nice thing (when they don't have to) and get some info out to the masses. There's a place in heaven for them, that's for sure.

Stone was another one yeah. No just D or Cribby but I personally knew some people that were present when he told some of our guys he was coming

So it’s not BS even though lots of posters had to make sure everyone knew how they felt on every page that Stone wasn’t coming

They ended up being right, but the info being passed along to us wasn’t to drive engagement, it really happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back