Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
To brighten the mood around here.

wolf of wall street omg GIF

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 3.24.01 PM.png

Look, if you want to say that ABOUT MARIO in five years, fine.

In 2023, we had 4-star Rashada committed (in addition to 3-star Emory). Rashada backed out to chase the $14M check.

In 2022, we retained Jacurri Brown, who was a consensus 4-star. We can all point to what he is today, but he was highly rated and recruited.

The ONLY year I'm having an issue with is THIS year, when we coulda/woulda/shoulda gone after certain guys and/or returned their phone calls.

For 2022, Lashlee/Diaz identified Jacurri, he was on the commit list before Mario was hired. We didn't have a ton of options for Mario to find someone better in one month. Mario stayed on top of Jacurri and we retained him. For 2023, people can crap on Emory, but they have massive amnesia if they forget that we had Rashada committed too. We would have had two HS QBs in one cycle, if not for the Gator offer. For 2024, people can crap on Judd, I can't stop them.

For those first two cycles, Mario absolutely did NOT "neglect HS qb recruiting and try to rely solely on the portal". We ONLY took HS QBs in 2022 and 2023, we took ZERO Portal QBs in 2022 and 2023.

Now, you can make a decent point that we should have landed Rashada and/or that the HS QBs we took are not good enough, but it's wrong to say that we "neglected HS recruiting" and "tried to rely solely on the Portal".
no they shouldve gotten a portal qb...LAST YEAR....as a qb in waiting seeing as though they lost Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown was literally was asking for a redshirt.

Theyve misplayed portal qbs going on 2 years str8

if a player intends to transfer or wants to see his options, and he is an undergraduate player, his name must be in the portal by the end of January 2nd. This doesn’t mean he has to officially transfer by the end of the 2nd, he just has to be in the portal. And then, as long as it’s not a “dead period” he can speak with teams, and teams can speak with him. But the team’s spring class enrollment deadline comes into factor. The player must be enrolled at his new school, by the deadline for enrollment.

Also, the players who enter the portal, unless they inform publications (like 247 or ON3), their names don’t become publicly known until 48 hours of entering the portal.

All the teams with bowl games on the 29th have until TOMORROW to enter the Portal.

All the teams with Bowl games on the 30th have until THURSDAY to enter the Portal.

Everyone who played yesterday, with the exception of Washington/Michigan have until SATURDAY to enter the Portal.

Washington/Michigan players have until NEXT SATURDAY to enter the Portal.

Advertisement
no they shouldve gotten a portal qb...LAST YEAR....as a qb in waiting seeing as though they lost Jake Garcia and Jacurri Brown was literally was asking for a redshirt.

Theyve misplayed portal qbs going on 2 years str8

Yes, but this is what I was responding to:

1704228954664.png

Getting a Portal QB LAST YEAR would not have addressed his point about "neglecting HS QB recruiting".

I agree we should have gotten a Portal QB last year.

All the teams with bowl games on the 29th have until TOMORROW to enter the Portal.

All the teams with Bowl games on the 30th have until THURSDAY to enter the Portal.

Everyone who played yesterday, with the exception of Washington/Michigan have until SATURDAY to enter the Portal.

Washington/Michigan players have until NEXT SATURDAY to enter the Portal.
Do you have a link? I would like to check that out.

Advertisement
Do you have a link? I would like to check that out.

I don't have a link handy. I think it has been reported in certain news articles, though. Not trying to be a smart-***, I'm just not sure where I got it from.

Everyone knows that. Once Ward didn’t fully commit after the visit, Mario should’ve had a contingency plan. He’s done the same **** the past 2 years. You can’t be ****y and arrogant when you produce a bad product on the field.
What contingency plan would you have implemented? The top 2 targets had green lights from the jump. Neither committed. What exactly have we lost out on that we wouldn't have with your contingency plan?

Most of you complain like *******.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What contingency plan would you have implemented? The top 2 targets had green lights from the jump. Neither committed. What exactly have we lost out on that we wouldn't have with your contingency plan?

Most of you complain like *******.

Having only two targets above the line isn’t a plan it’s a bet. I thought there were 4 or 5? And it seemed pretty clear Ward was always Plan A and Howard was slow played at times. I guess Will didn’t want to be Mario’s Ho-Ward.

Having only two targets above the line isn’t a plan it’s a bet. I thought there were 4 or 5? And it seemed pretty clear Ward was always Plan A and Howard was slow played at times. I guess Will didn’t want to be Mario’s Ho-Ward.

I just find it amusing that some people keep insisting that Howard had a committable offer all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back