Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true then **** this kid and everyone associated with him. This isn't some high school senior waffling over a college choice. This is a grown-*** man and his family handlers trying to play both sides as long as possible and either 1) being intentionally obtuse and disingenuous or 2) being so indecisive as to paralyze half the college football world.

I wanted his ability but that point of diminishing returns I spoke of is way past. Good luck in the 6th round on the Jets or wherever else is stupid enough to draft you.
Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

Advertisement

So with Smith's national letter of intent in limbo, Miami didn’t sit idly. They pounced. Hurricanes wide receiver coach Kevin Beard reached out. So did Miami head coach Mario Cristobal and the program’s executive director Dennis Smith. On top of all of those pitches, Smith said the Hurricanes also reached out to his agent and re-up their offer in an effort to sign him.

But perhaps the most interesting phone call of the night came from a quarterback not yet associated with anybody: Washington State transfer Cameron Ward.

Ward announced for the NFL Draft on Jan. 1, but before then he had been involved in a month-long transfer portal recruitment that included Miami and Ohio State among others. Ward called Smith during the madness of that nine-hour period. They talked for 10 minutes. Smith remembers Ward telling him, ‘If you choose to go to Miami, I’m going to go there.”
I’m done

He never visited any of those schools...

Won't pretend to be an insider, but he apparently signed NIL paperwork with us and still chose the NFL instead.
Yes, he didnt even bother visiting them, as he wanted the NFL. We were the only non NFL option he would even seriously consider.

Advertisement

So with Smith's national letter of intent in limbo, Miami didn’t sit idly. They pounced. Hurricanes wide receiver coach Kevin Beard reached out. So did Miami head coach Mario Cristobal and the program’s executive director Dennis Smith. On top of all of those pitches, Smith said the Hurricanes also reached out to his agent and re-up their offer in an effort to sign him.

But perhaps the most interesting phone call of the night came from a quarterback not yet associated with anybody: Washington State transfer Cameron Ward.

Ward announced for the NFL Draft on Jan. 1, but before then he had been involved in a month-long transfer portal recruitment that included Miami and Ohio State among others. Ward called Smith during the madness of that nine-hour period. They talked for 10 minutes. Smith remembers Ward telling him, ‘If you choose to go to Miami, I’m going to go there.”
Hey, at least JS didn’t convince Ward to follow him to OSU instead. Could have been worse?

Advertisement

I have 2 nephews that play HS ball in South Florida, one played on Chaminade's JV team, the other played on Chaminade and transferred out. He told me when I saw him on Christmas that Smith was going to pick Miami if Bailey flipped to us over NCST. He also said Bailey felt spurned by Miami early in the process and was never offered until late when Miami made the late push to try to flip Smith. The Bailey family was upset at this and Bailey was never going to flip to Miami after that. That's why Smith was undecided right up until he walked into the room. Both my nephews know Smith and JoJo personally, they say JoJo is very good and probably underrated, they said Smith is a generational talent and way better than everybody else. Smith was very close to flipping, so the Ward call to Smith and the late LOI drama makes sense.

*Yawns*

Puppet Whatever GIF by giphystudios2021

Advertisement
At least Mario's game day coaching is so blatantly horrible, most will associate failure to him and not the program.
The program has already been failing for 15 years before Mario, the issue this time is that the resources needed have been handed over for Mario. That goes away if the success does not follow and we stay in this same spot.. with more goldens and mannys in our future. I thought Ward would be the golden goose.

You guys have to pick a side, because you’re contracting yourselves badly. If Mario is such a caveman who wrecks QBs, Ward would not have come down to UM or the NFL. He never would have considered Miami to begin with.
I'm not "contracting" myself at all. He's always been a Neanderthal. That's my side.

I suspect you know exactly why he considered Miami, don't you?

Advertisement
We got handcuffed by FSU whether we admit it or not. We couldn’t move on because they would have been the fallback option and we didn’t want that. We had to wait it out and burned the Howard bridge in the process

Inadvertently Norvell and co get the last laugh. Luckily it’s not too sweet for them since they got DJU and he’s terrible

I’d love to land on Taulia at this point. Beyond that or some surprise name... the 2024 season is trashed. We needed a guy here before the spring.
A bit of a contradiction, don't you think?

Then why didn’t he go to USC, Auburn or OSU?

Y’all are making more of this than it is. Kid wanted to go directly to the league and is willing to take the risk. There’s nothing deeper to it than that
Uhhh.....because UM reportedly offered him the largest NIL deal?

You think it's because of how they've developed quarterbacks the last 2 years? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back