Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah, but no one knows if any of that is true. Just file it away with all the other supposed scoops that happen. Maybe it happened, maybe it didn’t. Doesn't matter in the long run. It is what it is. Is Smith wanted to be at Miami he would be.
Seems like a weird thing for JS to just make up.

So let me get this straight. Ward has not signed with an agent yet and kept the option to going back to college open. Smart way for the Ward camp to take more money out of Miami in case he heads back to college.

You guys have to pick a side, because you’re contracting yourselves badly. If Mario is such a caveman who wrecks QBs, Ward would not have come down to UM or the NFL. He never would have considered Miami to begin with.
Not really, Miami is willing to pay way more than other schools

Advertisement
So a veteran QB’s decision hinged on what a 17 year old kid decided to do? Not buying it
I’m not sure I buy it either, but if you’re a qb like Ward that’s looking to potentially improve your draft stock, there’s no way you can feel great about our wide receiver room for next season. So from that perspective kind of makes sense.

Hopefully these takes end up as well as the DL jokes from the summer. C'mon Mario

soldier survive GIF

Advertisement
I guess tomorrow will be they day? Portal closes except for graduate transfers?
No. You have to have your name in (unless playing today) but you don’t have to decide yet. If you want to be on spring roster you need to decide by that schools last day to enroll. But you can wait later than that if you want for summer

Uhhh.....because UM reportedly offered him the largest NIL deal?

You think it's because of how they've developed quarterbacks the last 2 years? LOL

Not really, Miami is willing to pay way more than other schools

Reason why I'm not ready to panic yet. Miami is clearly offering a crazy amount of money, where Ward had no choice but to listen.

Eventually, they're gonna convince some kid at another school to take that money and take the chance. Mario's reputation be damned. $1-$2 million is hard to pass up for a year

I’m not sure I buy it either, but if you’re a qb like Ward that’s looking to potentially improve your draft stock, there’s no way you can feel great about our wide receiver room for next season. So from that perspective kind of makes sense.
Uh, we had two of the three most productive WR’s in the conference last year returning

He came from Incarnate Word and Washington State. Our WR room is easily a major talent upgrade than what he’s balled out with thus far!

Advertisement
Where in the **** is this portal guy we hired from MSU that was supposed to be an expert on the portal, **** that’s his only responsibility.
We sure know Mario is as bad with the portal as he is with his time outs. Smfh ………
Probably blowing that 304 that got Tucker sacked.

I have 2 nephews that play HS ball in South Florida, one played on Chaminade's JV team, the other played on Chaminade and transferred out. He told me when I saw him on Christmas that Smith was going to pick Miami if Bailey flipped to us over NCST. He also said Bailey felt spurned by Miami early in the process and was never offered until late when Miami made the late push to try to flip Smith. The Bailey family was upset at this and Bailey was never going to flip to Miami after that. That's why Smith was undecided right up until he walked into the room. Both my nephews know Smith and JoJo personally, they say JoJo is very good and probably underrated, they said Smith is a generational talent and way better than everybody else. Smith was very close to flipping, so the Ward call to Smith and the late LOI drama makes sense.

Everyone knew that when Miami finally decided to have Bailey throw in a private workout in the fall it was a year too late and was desperation to get Smith, not because they had any real intrest in taking Bailey. If they did, they would've prioritzed him and taken him over judd as the solo QB in the summer and not slowed played him

Reason why I'm not ready to panic yet. Miami is clearly offering a crazy amount of money, where Ward had no choice but to listen.

Eventually, they're gonna convince some kid at another school to take that money and take the chance. Mario's reputation be damned. $1-$2 million is hard to pass up for a year
Hopefully before receivers transfer out

Advertisement

Pray I Hope GIF

If true then **** this kid and everyone associated with him. This isn't some high school senior waffling over a college choice. This is a grown-*** man and his family handlers trying to play both sides as long as possible and either 1) being intentionally obtuse and disingenuous or 2) being so indecisive as to paralyze half the college football world.

I wanted his ability but that point of diminishing returns I spoke of is way past. Good luck in the 6th round on the Jets or wherever else is stupid enough to draft you.
Dang :/

So a veteran QB’s decision hinged on what a 17 year old kid decided to do? Not buying it
Did you see how everything else went down? There are a lot of 40 year olds that still act like they are 17. It's not out of the realm of possibility someone in their early 20s could be influenced like that.

If true then **** this kid and everyone associated with him. This isn't some high school senior waffling over a college choice. This is a grown-*** man and his family handlers trying to play both sides as long as possible and either 1) being intentionally obtuse and disingenuous or 2) being so indecisive as to paralyze half the college football world.

I wanted his ability but that point of diminishing returns I spoke of is way past. Good luck in the 6th round on the Jets or wherever else is stupid enough to draft you.
You called Ward a kid and a grown *** man in the same post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back