Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
You realize he’s currently the only arm we have for Spring

If he goes in the portal in the next day or so, without any other movement, we’re gonna be the laughing stock, and actually not be able to practice in the spring other than with a walk-on or jugs machine
You realize Williams will be ready for spring

Also tell me how many QBs USC has right now..............................

Advertisement
I read it bud! Good reading comprehension and all. If a kid transfers here during the current academic year he can play in 2024 even as a two-time transfer! Pretty simple.

Can the NCAA change their mind? I guess. But that's quite an assumption and they won't because they lose every court battle.

I'm not speaking to the NCAA's W-L record in court, though they tend to win a bit more on "eligibility" cases.

It's just funny, because it was only a few months ago that certain people were trying to convince the world that the UNC WR and the F$U DT should be immediately eligible because of the timing of their transfers, which was "just under the wire" on an NCAA rule change.

Then they lost their cases (as I predicted). And the ONLY reason the NCAA relented on the UNC WR is because he showed up in person and made his case more compelling. He still lost half a season and Jackson lost the full season.

But, yeah, keep telling me how this is going to turn out. Maybe you'll be right, maybe I'll be right, but stop oversimplifying and acting like I don't know what I'm talking about here.

Kaidon Salter is NOT in the Portal yet. Don't know why. But if he doesn't jump in the next day, he MIGHT need to sit out for a year.

1704146547428.png

Unlike you, I don't pretend to know stuff I don't actually know.

Yes, and while Mario did not recruit Herbert he was his HC for two seasons. Credit given where credit due.

But who else? No quarterback Mario recruited at Oregon developed. He had to pull Anthony Brown as a grad transfer from BC. For all the talent Lanning inherited he had to pull Bo Nix from Auburn (who developed into Heisman contender and one of the best QBs in CFB).

I see the progress Mario has made and the rise in recruiting. Still, I question his ability to evaluate and develop quarterbacks. He doesn't have a history of success at this position.

If his OC wanted Howard the guy who should know best what he needs to run HIS offense the best and then Mario said no let’s wait for this other guy who I like and the OC loses his guy and Mario’s guy ends up ******** us that all you have to know about what Mario will or won’t allow his OC to do and why Mario’s offense is stuck in 2nd gear.

Advertisement
I feel ya on the 20yr ptsd. But the comments on this thread going full meltdown are bs. The root canal timelines are with mario are partial unknowns becuz we arent in the building, we dont have access to the whys. We just jump to our conclusions.
Ok. Fair we don’t know everything but our conclusions have been right so far because of his pie of the sky grandeur thinking instead of taking some layups taking some Knees.

He waited forever on an OC because he waited for Candle. We got stuck with a very late in the process Gattis instead of a Briles or Golesh or other.

Next, he had to wait on the Gattis replacement because of legal ramifications but he settled for Dawson. He’s waited for other coaching hires and taken forever. He struck out in Charlie Strong and Steele (even though Steele is in the college playoff).

This whole portal QB process. There are too many instances of evidence that can’t and shouldn’t be ignored when other coaches don’t have the same issues. Can you explain that? Or is it everyone else is wrong and Mario is right?

I'm not speaking to the NCAA's W-L record in court, though they tend to win a bit more on "eligibility" cases.

It's just funny, because it was only a few months ago that certain people were trying to convince the world that the UNC WR and the F$U DT should be immediately eligible because of the timing of their transfers, which was "just under the wire" on an NCAA rule change.

Then they lost their cases (as I predicted). And the ONLY reason the NCAA relented on the UNC WR is because he showed up in person and made his case more compelling. He still lost half a season and Jackson lost the full season.

But, yeah, keep telling me how this is going to turn out. Maybe you'll be right, maybe I'll be right, but stop oversimplifying and acting like I don't know what I'm talking about here.

Kaidon Salter is NOT in the Portal yet. Don't know why. But if he doesn't jump in the next day, he MIGHT need to sit out for a year.

View attachment 276418

Like always, you are changing words to fit your argument.

First you said no two-time transfers. Then you said no two-time transfers in football.

I never said anything about Salter or any specific two-time transfer.

If a two-time transfer enrolls in Miami during the current academic year he can play in 2024.

View attachment 276418

Wrong again. Portal entry is different for late Bowl games and CFP schools.

Advertisement
From the fact that:

1. He inherited Herbert

2. Herbert’s last season was disappointing. His average depth of throw was horrible. The offense had a low explosion rate through the air. And the analytics show they had 5 games with a negative offensive value generated. You don’t do that with a top NFL Draft pick.

3. He hasn’t brought in any QBs worth a ****.

4. His offensive scheme is not QB friendly. You can’t hide that. When you don’t spread teams out. When you’re constantly running into a crowded box to set up third and obvious passing downs, you’re putting QBs in bad spots.
Other than that?
not impressed ru paul GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

You realize Williams will be ready for spring

Also tell me how many QBs USC has right now..............................
Okay sounds good.

(They actually have two non injured scholarship qbs who are not leaving on roster)
Ray Donovan Baseball Bat GIF by Showtime

As @apfenny3 clearly knew and people on here and in the Hecht were too blind to see, Ward was the wrong target all along. Never mind his daddy issues, never mind the fact he strung us along for weeks, never mind the fact he immediately visited FSU after visiting us and we were negotiating not to lose him as much as to win him. A kid that goes 5-7 including scoring only 1 TD each vs Stanford and Arizona is not going to magically lead us to a playoff.

How many drives did Knighton kill with his fumbles? Ward was multiple times more careless. They were 92 in TFL allowed, 111th in sacks allowed and 122nd in fumbles lost. You can put that all on the WSU OL if you want. But I watched several (5 IIRC) games when I thought Ward would be our QB, and was underwhelmed. Great athlete. Poor processing speed and bad decision maker. And he had a couple WRs who bailed him out multiple times, more than Restrepo bailed out our QBs.

The off-field antics combined with mental midgetry and on-field shortcomings were glaring. Glad we dodged a bullet. Wish we had moved on 3 weeks ago when there were more options on the table. Wish Howard was out top target all along and we never let him leave CG without committing. Now we're scrambling as much as Cam Ward does looking for a Hail Mary.

Spot on.

Only thing I would add is that Ward's small hands contributed to the turnovers and will NOT just go away with coaching or physical growth.

Just look at the FUMBLES in his FOURTH year of playing.

120 rushes. 12 fumbles, 8 of which were lost. EIGHT.

Remember, we are still made at Don Cheney for his SINGLE fumble during his UM career. We are still mad at Jaylan Knighton for a couple of fumbles.

7 fumbles/2 lost in 2022 at Washington State.

12 fumbles/4 lost in 2021 at Incarnate Word.

Advertisement
Okay sounds good.

(They actually have two non injured scholarship qbs who are not leaving on roster)
Ray Donovan Baseball Bat GIF by Showtime
So Moss and Jake Jensen. Jensen who had no ranking coming out of HS. I guess Mario should have wasted a scholarship

Advertisement
Welp, looks like our best shot is to ride with JB if he doesn’t transfer or a weak armed Emory next season, assuming he’s not in a cast.

Another 6 or 7 win season coming up.
At least we saved a couple of million that we can use towards NIL and the suck tax we’re going to inevitably need to pay to hold on to recruits next season after finishing .500.

Has Mario ever successfully recruited at decent QB in his entire career?
This QB room is a disaster.

Like always, you are changing words to fit your argument.

First you said no two-time transfers. Then you said no two-time transfers in football.

I never said anything about Salter or any specific two-time transfer.

If a two-time transfer enrolls in Miami during the current academic year he can play in 2024.

Oh good lord.

The rule is the rule. No two-time transfers. Those aren't my words, they are the NCAA's.

There is currently a TEMPORARY injunction enjoining enforcement of the rule. At some point, the case will be decided and the injunction either becomes permanent or is dissolved.

I don't care what YOU said about Salter, the discussion IN THIS CONTEXT was about Salter. I wasn't talking about some other random athlete who has already transferred once and has not yet graduated.

Look, you were wrong. It's no big deal. You are the one who is now back-pedaling, because I had to explain to you what the NCAA's words mean when you and other simpletons were trying to tell us that everything is good. Because you read a news article, and thought you understood what it meant.

So now we have the:

UM sux for 20 years tax

Mario is a potential QB killer tax

And now the Mario ****ed up and we’re sorry tax

We’re gonna need more boosters. This program is the definition of the phrase “own worst enemy”.
sound like we need iron lady margaret thatcher. that a lot of tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back