Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite one was Mario was keeping Cam's commitment under wraps until after the bowl game as not to be a distraction to Jacurri Brown and the rest of the team leading up to the bowl game, as if Miami still didn't get run over by Rutgers
Yeah, I guess that’ll have to get filed away with Dan Enos not opening up the playbook.

Advertisement
It's easily spinnable by him/his camp- not that I think the interviews will be super important in this instance.

He just tells NFL teams that he had several colleges interested in paying him NFL money to stay another year but that he takes this all extra serious and spent an extraordinary amount of time weighing the advice on all ends but that he always knew he was ready to make the leap.

NFL teams will nod and go back to whatever their Draft process is. They won't care for a moment about him stringing us along and Mario would look like a major butthurt weirdo on a losing streak complaining to anybody he knows in the NFL about it.
Agree but that’s not what I’m referencing as a mistake. Mario will have no input in his process and neither will we. Based on the way this went down his compass is a little off and his camp is even further off.

I appreciate Mario swinging for the fences but we needed/need a Will Rogers/high floor type transfer as a proof of concept to validate or invalidate the offense Mario and Dawson want to run.

You aren’t getting a kid like Ward based on NIL alone

Advertisement
What other QBs did he have that he “developed” professionally?
If you take away FIU because of the obvious lack of talent acquisition capability, he’s been a head coach like 7 years. A top 10 draft pick at that position in 7 years when that’s not even your base position as a coach is not that bad.

Wrong. Even the NCAA speaks out of both sides of its mouth.

Read the language carefully. A player who transfers NOW (enrolls in January) would be OK, but a player who transfers LATER may not be OK. I don't know Kaidon Salter's situation, I just know he is not in the Portal yet, so if he doesn't transfer for the SPRING, he might get boomeranged by an overturn of the injunction.

Reading comprehension is a *****.

Yahoo Sports obtained the guidance sent to member schools in question-and-answer form. Bylaw 14.5.5.1, referenced in the Q&A, is the bylaw that requires an athlete transferring for a second time or more to sit a year before being eligible at his or her new school.

Question No. 3: Does the preliminary injunction enjoin the NCAA from enforcing Bylaw 14.5.5.1, as it relates to an undergraduate fall-sport student-athlete who transfers midyear (spring 2024), seeking confirmation of the student-athlete’s participation opportunity for the fall 2024 season?

Answer: It is not certain at this time whether the preliminary injunction will remain in effect during the 2024-25 season; however, as long as the undergraduate student-athlete transfers to another Division I institution during the 2023-24 academic year, the student-athlete will not be subject to Bylaw 14.5.5.1 during the 2024-25 academic year. The student-athlete would still be subject to any academic eligibility standards required for competition that may be developed or modified for the 2024-25 academic year.
According to the University of Miami's website... summer 2024 classes count toward the 2023-24 academic year. If that is accurate then a two-time transfer could enroll for the summer and the preliminary injunction will still apply to the athlete.

Advertisement
FSU sined Ooungalay frum Oregon State an Clem’s son. Why don’t we git the kid what left FSU cuz a hiz pride?

It comes mostly from the criticism of Ducks fans that say Cristobal handcuffed Herbert because he had a predictable offense and pretty much always ran the ball on 1st and 2nd down.

Hard to disagree with argument about Cristobal being predictable.

Yeah I just don’t buy in to that argument much. TVD was a Heisman “candidate”. Caleb Williams won it last year and was the by far favorite to win it again until he lost it in the second half of the season. Did Riley handcuff Williams this year? The Heisman is a fickle award imo.

And though I think he’s a great arm talent (was my fantasy QB last year) you gotta show posts of Herbert throwing picks at the end of games in NFL on crucial situations as much as you would beautiful passes like the one you posted.

Flo just said that we had Howards commitment from the first day he visited but Miami told him we wanted to go through the "process" which ticked him off and he had to do what was best for himself.

Miami was confident in Ward bc he signed an NIL paperwork.

Ouch gutpunch. But he did say since Howard is still uncommited nothing is off the table. UM will have to work to get on Howards good graces if they are to land him. Said there is a mystery team also trying t sneak into the Howard negotiations my guess is Auburn.

Advertisement
Flo just said that we had Howards commitment from the first day he visited but Miami told him we wanted to go through the "process" which ticked him off and he had to do what was best for himself.

Miami was confident in Ward bc he signed an NIL paperwork.

Ouch gutpunch. But he did say since Howard is still uncommited nothing is off the table. Said there is a mystery team also trying t sneak into the Howard negotiations my guess is Auburn.

If Auburn gets Howard, I think that puts Kaidon Salter in play. Id be ecstatic to see Salter at UM.

I liked Howard better than Ward. And if given the choice between Salter and Ward, I'd take Salter. Downvote away.

Advertisement
According to the University of Miami's website... summer 2024 classes count toward the 2023-24 academic year. If that is accurate then a two-time transfer could enroll for the summer and the preliminary injunction will still apply to the athlete.

Possibly.

Though it doesn't matter what "Miami" says, it matters what the NCAA says.

But I'm glad to see that you now comprehend the complexity of the matter.

It's not as overly-simplistic as you and others have made it out to be.

Again, each recruit's situation is different. Here's another option (since I have no idea why Kaidon Salter has not yet entered the Portal). He works his butt off and graduates in May.

Problem solved. But then again, I included the graduation scenario in my original post.

I am not wrong.

It's a temporary injunction. It ain't gonna last forever, and if you want to take a chance to find IN JULY that our starter is ineligible, that's up to you.

The rule is the rule. It's still in place, even if temporarily delayed from enforcement.
Wait a second I just wanna make sure I get this straight - so in the conference realignment thing we’re talking about precedent being possibly set if they were to win - but here we’re going to act like a temporary injunction that is following all the other recent developments around player Movement is going to somehow get rescinded in the next two weeks, or not apply to football if Challenged- when literally every decision lately has gone in favor of the players and movement, and money.

Okay dude. Love ya but

I only blame one man for this

rick ross soda GIF by NOISEY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back