Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some rumblings about Kaidon Salter on 247...

If Kaidon Salter was to enter the portal he would be QB1 but then we would be in a dogfight with Auburn for him seeing as Hugh Freeze was the coach for liberty last year. It may be another long process to find out QB1....
Kid is a stud. If we got him, look out..

Advertisement
Going to let the process play out before making declarations like that. It's January 1st and we have no` idea what else is going to be out there. Agree with everything else you said though. Once FSU got involved, we couldn't risk him going there
Portal closes in 2 days aside from grad transfers.

Guess it’s grad transfer or bust really

Advertisement
Come on man he announced after the news broke. I doubt this is leverage. There is denial and then there is this take. Sorry bro.

First, it's clearly a joke. Thought you would understand the Jeremiah Smith reference.

Second...

1704135122955.png

I'm not holding out any hope, I'm just making my millionth reference to the fact that PORTAL recruits are not official UNTIL THEY ENROLL.

Advertisement
Howard was a target he decided he didn’t want to play for Miami as well as of now.

Miami will have to tamper. Cant go into spring with Jaccuri, injured Emory and Judd.

Just can’t happen or more guys may leave the current team.
Actually there’s one more guy. The back up a@ Arizona. He would start here

Edited the OP because some wording was unclear. There are different plans in place. We aren’t starting from scratch. But the first choice was closing on Ward and there is a lot of work to do.
I understand miami would have taken Howard's commitment at any time but was howard offered the same or close to the same nil package as ward? If not, do you see any chance Howard would reconsider with a better NIL offer.

Advertisement
This was brewing from miles miles away when this got drawn out for weeks by Ward

Ward was playing Miami all along ( or looking for something better or willing to risk NFL status ) and Mario fell for it like the nice guy thinking he was getting the hot girl who inevitably chose the jerk. You always need a Plan B lind up even if it means you have to placate that relationship

Once Ward dragged this on, Mario needed to pivot, like he did on other positions during this class, and go find and invest that NIL and get someone else even if the staff was not as high on that QB.

The most important position on the team and a team that next year needs to have experience at QB and he botched it

The fact Ward chose an unknown draft status over playing one year at Miami because this staff couldnt sell QB development is telling and an abject failure
Can we stop acting like Ward didn’t have plenty of options and it wasn’t just Miami who couldn’t sell development . Also could be plenty of other reasons for him choosing not to play another year in college like injury concerns, etc.

I’m not a moral victory kinda dude but I think it was remarkable we somehow ended up as the finalist between the NFL in the first place with all the other schools and coaches and schemes available to him .

Either way he chose the NFL over many other opportunities, not just “over playing one year at Miami”

Advertisement
Please stop mentioning Zo. He isn’t it either. Nothing has suggested that he making a positive difference
The mother of a recruit was on Twitter just last week saying how she felt better knowing men like Highsmith would be involved with her son’s development. Just because you don’t know what he does on a day to day basis doesn’t mean he isn’t having an impact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back