Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This was brewing from miles miles away when this got drawn out for weeks by Ward

Ward was playing Miami all along ( or looking for something better or willing to risk NFL status ) and Mario fell for it like the nice guy thinking he was getting the hot girl who inevitably chose the jerk. You always need a Plan B lind up even if it means you have to placate that relationship

Once Ward dragged this on, Mario needed to pivot, like he did on other positions during this class, and go find and invest that NIL and get someone else even if the staff was not as high on that QB.

The most important position on the team and a team that next year needs to have experience at QB and he botched it

The fact Ward chose an unknown draft status over playing one year at Miami because this staff couldnt sell QB development is telling and an abject failure

Live by the Ward, die by the Ward.

Veronica Mars No No No GIF

@JamesQuall Cleanup on isle 5.

Advertisement
How are you supposed to sell development when you have Mario’s rep, with the just last season validation of TVD, and… Shannon Dawson who’s basically done nothing? You just can’t. Mario has dug an offensive hole for himself.

So the plan was never Ward 1A and Howard 1B?

Sounds like it was Ward followed by Howard. There was a distinct pecking order.

We waited too long for Ward and now are left holding our 🍆 while scrambling to implement a backup plan.
You can't have that as plan when the optics to fans (and on social media) was that Howard was more backup plan than 1B......it's tough for people to feel welcomed and want to be leaders when you feel like a backup plan. Yeah sometimes money changes that but think about any job or girl situation where you felt like that.

Advertisement
We got handcuffed by FSU whether we admit it or not. We couldn’t move on because they would have been the fallback option and we didn’t want that. We had to wait it out and burned the Howard bridge in the process

Inadvertently Norvell and co get the last laugh. Luckily it’s not too sweet for them since they got DJU and he’s terrible

I’d love to land on Taulia at this point. Beyond that or some surprise name... the 2024 season is trashed. We needed a guy here before the spring.

I hate to break it to you but this transfer QB business doesn't make or break our program.

Howard may have other options but he hasn't exercised them yet.

No need to negotiate against ourselves.

I hate to break it to you but these guys know Miami is desperate now and we will have to make ourselves look a lot better to kids than other schools that aren’t so desperate..

Kind of like the ugly girl who has to use a lot more make up and a prettier dress to attract a prom date than a cheerleader does who has other options.

Advertisement
Well ****. Ok now things don’t look good
I just looked there’s only 2 starters left on 247 portal QBs Will Howard and JMU QB hahhahahaha ******* Mario gonna Mario. I don’t wanna say that Howard would’ve committed if we full court pressed instead of Howard but there was clearly good interest since he was the first visit

Advertisement
Mario, Zo, the entire brain trust absolute epic failure on their part. Absolutely ****ed us for 2024 which Mario can’t afford whatsoever.
Well Emory and Jacurri battle to start that seems the most likely now and the ceiling for next year is 8-4 LOL

I'd have to think they're putting the full court press on Howard and also working backchannels on guys not even in the portal yet. Ward took us for a ride but I've learned not to doubt Mario on the recruiting trail until the dust settles

We got handcuffed by FSU whether we admit it or not. We couldn’t move on because they would have been the fallback option and we didn’t want that. We had to wait it out and burned the Howard bridge in the process

Inadvertently Norvell and co get the last laugh. Luckily it’s not too sweet for them since they got DJU and he’s terrible

I’d love to land on Taulia at this point. Beyond that or some surprise name... the 2024 season is trashed. We needed a guy here before the spring.
Going to let the process play out before making declarations like that. It's January 1st and we have no` idea what else is going to be out there. Agree with everything else you said though. Once FSU got involved, we couldn't risk him going there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back