Swing and miss

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're said to be offering one of the biggest bags of this portal cycle, looking to land a splash QB with experience. To end up with a UNLV kid that most of us need to google would be unacceptable imo
I think there is a supply and demand problem

Advertisement
Dis Gonna Be Good Jason Momoa GIF

Advertisement
This is what happens when you neglect HS qb recruiting and try to rely solely on the portal. Limited supply, lots of demand, and also NFL factor.
The Portal is a high risk game. It’s great when it’s loaded with talent…but what happens when it isn’t? We about to find out

So there's a "QB war room", but Mario won't listen to anyone in it (Zo)? Does anyone think that's a good thing?

It's not that he WON'T listen, he just overrules a lot...

And you can either laugh at that or argue that there is no distinction, I don't really care either way...

On the other hand, I have made it VERY clear in the past as to whom I trust more with player evaluations, between Alonzo and Mario.

I'm not defending or justifying. I am observing and reporting. And I have my feelings, which are mixed.

If Mario can ARTICULATE a skills or character based issue to Alonzo and Dawson as to why he prefers Ward over Howard, fine. Do so. But if it's all about "splash" and "owning F$U" and "showing those ******** on CIS that I can be decisive", then I'm not very happy with the prioritization of 1A over the other one.

Advertisement
The soy boys in here complaining about Mario not recruiting a QB....you cucks fail to realize that most of the QB's in the room were previous admin players. Brown was a Manny Diaz recruit kept in the fold by Mario to not lose a freak athlete. TVD was a Manny Diaz recruit. We had bigger issues on the team than QB...aka OL and WR. You *** dumpsters seem to forget how many dropped passes our WR's had during the Manny Diaz era. Yet Mario's admin produced 3 WR's that eclipsed most programs in the country in total yardage. Our RB room was ELITE sharing the ball to multiple RB's. We had a Top 10 defense where under Manny Diaz in the not-so-distant past was the worst defense in P5. Emory Williams managed his reps to beat Clemson and had he not been injured, put us in position to possibly beat FSU - as true ******* Freshman. TVD never beat Clemson and neither did Rozier with our best team in years. You glory hole mouth breathers are hilarious! So, Cam Ward took off to the NFL, the kid bet on himself. He didn't go to another program. We will find a QB, not worried about it. If we don't, we have Emory who is an animal which to me has Dorsey vibes in toughness and command presence. Last I checked, Dorsey wasn't a 1st Round draft pick and he commandeered the best teams in college football history. So, sit the **** down, put your wife's ***** collection away and relax. We are building a monster here. GO CANES!
Fanbase is damaged goods.

How's that possible? Seems like this needs to be resolved by enrollment period in January or we need to wait until May.

If whoever we get wants to practice for spring he needs to be enrolled in January right?

Question: Can the transfer not just commit during Spring and then start in June for summer?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back