SWEET SIXTEEN V HOUSTON - FRIDAY AT 7:15

You know how it is, so many Miami football other teams hoops fans, half my Canes friends are that way. It irks some of us, ain't that serious though haha.
Crazy thing is man I never once grew up wanting to go to Houston. Tried my best for Miami but circumstances. Went to Houston on a t&f scholarship and the pride kicked in

Advertisement
Nobody is making anyone "as uncomfortable as possible". There's a thread to discuss and learn about Houston. Doesn't have to be "every thread".
You said you’d love to tell him to get Houston’s **** and balls out of his mouth to his face. Are you 12 and we’re playing Halo? How is that representative of your desire to “discuss and learn about Houston”?

Cmon man. You're treating him like a Nole. It’s weak.

You said you’d love to tell him to get Houston’s **** and balls out of his mouth to his face. Are you 12 and we’re playing Halo? How is that representative of your desire to “discuss and learn about Houston”?

That's not true.

I never said I'd love to tell him that. Nor did I talk about my desire to "discuss and learn about Houston", that was something that you said.

First, I said one thing to him. His response was to tell me that I had an internet persona and wouldn't say that to him in person. Which I would. Not that I'd love to do so, just that I would.

Second, I merely pointed out that there is already another thread do "discuss and learn about Houston", and that we don't need to replicate that topic on every other thread.

Tricky situation. It’s like a member of your family marrying into another family and then siding with the other family in the dispute between the families. You get it, but it’s still annoying and you hate it.

He’s still got Cane in him but make no mistake he’s rooting for Houston… which makes it difficult to not just treat him like a straight up Coug fan. And obviously this board is not super lovey dovey to opposing fans.

Advertisement
Tricky situation. It’s like a member of your family marrying into another family and then siding with the other family in the dispute between the families. You get it, but it’s still annoying and you hate it.

He’s still got Cane in him but make no mistake he’s rooting for Houston… which makes it difficult to not just treat him like a straight up Coug fan. And obviously this board is not super lovey dovey to opposing fans.

Artfully and articulately said.

I tried to say it with a ****-and-balls metaphor, and he freaked the **** out.

You know how it is, so many Miami football other teams hoops fans, half my Canes friends are that way. It irks some of us, ain't that serious though haha.

Yeah, but how many of those dudes have two degrees from the school they cheer for in hoops, and played intercollegiate athletics for that said school?

I'd say about 1%.

Your boys (and I have them too) who are Canes football fans and Kentucky basketball fans didn't go to Kentucky. Or if they did, they're few and far between.

South Park is one of the best posters on this site, for sure. Just that rare solar eclipse has happened where his school, his real school, is playing the other school he loves in a really important game. I've appreciated his insight on Houston in this and other threads. Zero reason to have any issue whatsoever with anything he's said.

The “I’m gonna make any other fan as uncomfortable as possible” shtick is omega silly. I like to learn about other teams, especially ones I don’t know about. I could care less if someone who literally graduated from the school gives us his perspective on the matchup, in fact I welcome it.

Y’all act like everyone else is a Miami Blue Devil. It’s not that serious.

You know what else is silly, that “you wouldn’t say that to my face” act.

But even in my posts you can’t find who I actually picked to win the game so this isn’t true. I even have a post up that says I expect houston to be down 14 at some point 😂 this is a extremely rare case that’ll never happen again in my life where I don’t give a **** who wins because I’ll still have another game to look forward to from one or the other. I’m a betting man and I’m taking Miami with +7.5 as well. Everything I’ve read since last night was just discrediting houston. So I stepped in cuz I think it’s foolish. Houston is elite.

Advertisement
But even in my posts you can’t find who I actually picked to win the game so this isn’t true. I even have a post up that says I expect houston to be down 14 at some point 😂 this is a extremely rare case that’ll never happen again in my life where I don’t give a **** who wins because I’ll still have another game to look forward to from one or the other. I’m a betting man and I’m taking Miami with +7.5 as well. Everything I’ve read since last night was just discrediting houston. So I stepped in cuz I think it’s foolish. Houston is elite.

Nah - honestly the most annoying thing is playing a game like you’re neutral. Everybody knows Houston is **** good - but you’re constantly talking them up like they’re unbeatable and throwing low key digs at Miami as “objective realism”. At least that’s how I see it.

It’s all good, you’re a Cane… but your heart is with Houston for this game. It’s beyond obvious… but I totally understand it.

Bottom line, I hope it doesn’t work out for you and you’re back with us for the elite 8 and on.

Nah - honestly the most annoying thing is playing a game like you’re neutral. Everybody knows Houston is **** good - but you’re constantly talking them up like they’re unbeatable and throwing low key digs at Miami as “objective realism”. At least that’s how I see it.

It’s all good, you’re a Cane… but your heart is with Houston for this game. It’s beyond obvious… but I totally understand it.

Bottom line, I hope it doesn’t work out for you and you’re back with us for the elite 8 and on.
I guess agree to disagree. I’ve done a lot of both for both schools just today. I’ve already posted screenshots of me saying Miami is the most talented team left in the tournament in my personal opinion

All true. ****, I'm not even mad at South Park/HTX, I'm just tired of hearing about how good Houston is on what is, ostensibly, a 4-days-early game thread.

And, look, I get it, a lot of people like to argue with me. BUT PENTAGON? Come on, who gets into a fight with Pentagon?

Time for people to set aside their biases and just call things for what they are. ARGUING WITH PENTAGON? Come on, now...

Im Not No Way GIF

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Living in KC, it is hilarious listening to all of the local Kansas fans still cry about how they were supposedly screwed out of playing in KC and how the four teams playing here will bring zero fans.

Like living amongst Notre Lame football fans.

Problem for Houston is they really haven’t played anybody. They play a really weak conference. 8-2 quad 1 record. 3 of those games were Memphis, a tourney team but not great (lost round one to FAU). They beat UVA and Saint Mary’s but that was back in December. Besides Memphis, their only quad 1 game (not win, game!) since January 8th was auburn on Saturday. Miami will be the best team they’ve faced since December.

Advertisement

Indeed. Posters enter a thread titled SWEET SIXTEEN V HOUSTON - FRIDAY AT 7:15….to find Houston and Miami being discussed and get upset about it…

“Insight”ful as usual…

Through six days of the tournament, Omier is second in total rebounds with 31 (Kentucky’s Oscar Tshiebwe had 43 rebounds) and also is second in offensive rebounds with 13 (Tshiebwe has 20). Jim Larranaga has called him “a monster on the glass. Everybody loves playing with him.”

Former UM pitcher Javi Salas put it well on Twitter on Sunday night, noting that Omier is “the X-factor for this team. You’d never know he’s giving up 4-5 inches every night. Put the jersey in the rafters.” Not only was the 6-7 Omier 12th in the country in rebounds per game this season (10.1), but only two players shorter than Omier averaged more: 6-6 Weber State forward Dillon Jones and 6-6 New Hampshire forward Clarence Daniels.

How impressive is it for Omier to rebound this effectively, at that size, at the highest level of the sport? Nobody as short as Omier in a Power 5 conference averaged even 7.5 rebounds this season, and Omier averaged 10.1. Per NCAA.org, Penn State 6-4 guard Jalen Pickett averaged 7.4, which is 118th in the country, tied with 6-7 FSU guard Matthew Cleveland and several others. Omier is a third-year sophomore.

Houston, Friday’s opponent in the Sweet 16, ranks 17th in the country in rebounding. Cougars 6-7 forward J’Wan Roberts averages 7.9 rebounds and 6-8 forward Jarace Walker averages 6.7 boards.

▪ ESPN’s Seth Greenberg, on First Take on Monday, said UM-Houston on Friday in Kansas City (7:15 p.m, CBS) “will be an absolute rock fight. This is a physical, tough defensive team, a team that can impose their identity on the game, and you look at the Houston matchup, it’s going to be a matchup of backcourts. It’s going to be a matchup of pace. It’s going to be extremely physical. .. Jordan Miller is kind of a matchup nightmare.” Houston is 33-3, and the Cougars’ defense poses a major challenge. They held teams to 36 percent shooting this season (best defensively in the country) and 32 percent so far in the tournament, in an 11-point win against Northern Kentucky and a 17-point win against Auburn. They’re loaded at guard with Marcus Sasser (16.9 points per game), Jamal Shead (10.4) and Tramon Mark (10.0).

▪ ESPN’s NBA draft expert Jonathan Givony prepared a mock draft strictly using players participating in the NCAA Tournament. He had UM’s Jordan Miller going 52nd and Isaiah Wong 57th. So the Canes are accomplishing this without a likely first-round pick.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article273374200.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Back