SWEET SIXTEEN V HOUSTON - FRIDAY AT 7:15

UH played some really weak competition in the AAC. Even their two top wins, UVA and Saint Mary's aren't that impressive. When looking over their record, I just don't see how their ranking is justified? Therefore, Miami blows out another one.
Houston’s offense is ranked higher than Miami’s.

Advertisement
killing whirring GIF by South Park

Hurricanes coming.....

Advertisement
So here is where the tire meets the road. Miami seems to match up well with slower bigger teams. They run better and use their chaotic defense to keep the ball out on the perimeters. Drake had a defense that answered our offense but was not a fast team which was more a abberation.
Now Houston is a mirror image of us but very physical and has depth. We must have a game plan for this and take good shots. We tend to get out of our lanes and push bad shots. My guess is Norshad is going to have to keep them honest. It’s so important that he is brought into the offense at the very start that will be the key to a Miami win.

Houston’s offense is ranked higher than Miami’s.

You mean according to Kenpom? Because the basic eyeball test shows that Miami scores more than they do. We shoot better from within the 3pt line, outside the 3pt line and from the free throw line.

Now Houston does score more per 100 possessions. .4 point more. Thats in a weak conference.

But thats really it. They're not going to blow us away with their offense.

Advertisement
Houston is very over rated.
I understand that everyone has their own opinions, but I respectfully disagree with your statement. Based on the data and statistics from the college basketball season, Houston has consistently been ranked in the top 5. So, even if they don't win, it wouldn't necessarily mean they were overrated. Just thought I'd share some information. Have a great day!

You mean according to Kenpom? Because the basic eyeball test shows that Miami scores more than they do. We shoot better from within the 3pt line, outside the 3pt line and from the free throw line.

Now Houston does score more per 100 possessions. .4 point more. Thats in a weak conference.

But thats really it. They're not going to blow us away with their offense.
.4 more points through a tougher strength of schedule. You all are forgetting Houston’s strength of schedule exceeds that of Miami’s.

I just want the game to be played so the cougar slob fest will be over. We are all very aware they are the favorite and Miami needs to play really well to win.

FYI I have watched at least 15 betting shows and 1 has picked miami to win outright. I’m as homer as you get but Houston can get very physical and has depth so don’t just come out with statements that are silly.
don't get too serious with what I'm saying. I just think Houston is "Purdue" over rated and Miami is way under rated.

Advertisement
.4 more points through a tougher strength of schedule. You all are forgetting Houston’s strength of schedule exceeds that of Miami’s.
Agree to disagree.

Houston played 2 ranked teams all year and lost 1. Miami is 3-0 against ranked teams and even won one on the road.

I believe that Memphis was the only ranked team in their conference. They beat Memphis by 6 at home by 2 in Memphis and they lost by 10 to memphis in the counference tournamant

What, who says? Their top AAC conference competition was Temple and UCF? Alabama they lost by 10 and St. Mary's was a win, but that's it.

What, who says? Their top AAC conference competition was Temple and UCF? Alabama they lost by 10 and St. Mary's was a win, but that's it.
Honestly, they are basically even and I’m surprised Houston is ranked ahead. Miami played one more quad 1 game than Houston too. Miami was 5-5 in Q1 games while Houston was 7-2. Source to the strength of schedule rankings is here. https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Advertisement
I understand that everyone has their own opinions, but I respectfully disagree with your statement. Based on the data and statistics from the college basketball season, Houston has consistently been ranked in the top 5. So, even if they don't win, it wouldn't necessarily mean they were overrated. Just thought I'd share some information. Have a great day!
Very cordial of you! Houston would have not won 30 games playing in the ACC. They would have lost 10 or more.

Re-watch the Indiana game. Miami, except for the one Indiana spurt in the middle of the game, really dominated an Indiana team that beat the #1 team in the country twice.

Honestly, they are basically even and I’m surprised Houston is ranked ahead. Miami played one more quad 1 game than Houston too. Miami was 5-5 in Q1 games while Houston was 7-2. Source to the strength of schedule rankings is here. https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
If you count scrimmages which would include a win against Texas. Houston was 8-2 against teams that made the Tournament. Overall, the argument that their schedule was weak really is not a great argument.

Advertisement
Back