SWEET SIXTEEN V HOUSTON - FRIDAY AT 7:15

7-2 without scrimmages. ACC average net was only 110. Either read my post or do some research. Stop making up facts.
I'll spew whatever garbage I please.

Fine, you can crown Memphis and their exactly 1 regular season top 30 NET win (same as NIT-bound Clemson) all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Houston played nobody meaningful or relevant after Christmas.
Houston had a tougher schedule than Miami. Stop being a casual and get yourself out of fantasy land.

Advertisement
LMAO - 46 Coogs vs 52 Canes in one SOS, 81 Canes vs 92 Coogs in another SOS. Lets call that a wash podner.
Literally what I’m saying. It is a wash. 90% of this board is trying to claim Houston hasn’t played anyone. Trying to help these guys not sound like casuals.

287FD76E-5FF9-4A85-898A-3171A5FD07EF.jpeg

7-2 without scrimmages. ACC average net was only 110. Either read my post or do some research. Stop making up facts.
When you only face 1 tournament team over the last 3 months of the season, that’s telling of conference strength. I know reading comprehension is difficult, but I specifically said they UH had a stronger OOC schedule. Congrats, your schedule was front-loaded.

Advertisement
When you only face 1 tournament team over the last 3 months of the season, that’s telling of conference strength. I know reading comprehension is difficult, but I specifically said they UH had a stronger OOC schedule. Congrats, your schedule was front-loaded.

Link is for (in-conference strength of schedule power rating)

There just is not that much difference in the strength of conferences. Not sure where your confusion is. Houston ranks 68 compared to Miami’s 62 ranking for in conference strength of schedule.

If you are a UM football fan, bear in mind that basketball is the other revenue sport. A successful basketball program does not make the overall money that a successful football program does (as that's impossible given the gulf in popularity between the two sports). However, the marginal profits (i.e., the ROI per dollar invested) are FAR greater, as basketball is orders of magnitude cheaper to fund.

If you are concerned about Miami's conference future, and television future (as many are, and should be), you should be rooting like **** for the basketball program.

A perennial Sweet 16 basketball program that competes for conference titles and Final 4s, is a HUGE selling point in the conference and TV bidding wars.

Link is for (in-conference strength of schedule power rating)

There just is not that much difference in the strength of conferences. Not sure where your confusion is. Houston ranks 68 compared to Miami’s 62 ranking for in conference strength of schedule.
If you are a UM football fan, bear in mind that basketball is the other revenue sport. A successful basketball program does not make the overall money that a successful football program does (as that's impossible given the gulf in popularity between the two sports). However, the marginal profits (i.e., the ROI per dollar invested) are FAR greater, as basketball is orders of magnitude cheaper to fund.

If you are concerned about Miami's conference future, and television future (as many are, and should be), you should be rooting like **** for the basketball program.

A perennial Sweet 16 basketball program that competes for conference titles and Final 4s, is a HUGE selling point in the conference and TV bidding wars.
Call me crazy, but I was hoping the ACC would have picked up Houston before the BIG 12. I thought the Texas Market could have helped the ACC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Look we all know Houston is very good even great but I was watching a betting podcast this morning where basically they surmised that this game reminded them of the Kansas game last year in the elite 8 where a quality team finished off Miami pretty easily.
Now maybe if I was a casual observant I might side with that opinion but this is a different team that has an underrated defense , Hits open guys driving the lanes and spaces out beautifully. What I have heard is that Houston’s great defense and physicality will overwhelm Miami. Hey but L knows that is what they plan and ya gotta think he has some plans of his own.
And Miamis version of physicality is to create chaos on the perimeters and steal you and run you. I’m not sure if Houston has seen that in the way Miami does it.
So if you’re going to say the buck stops here it will because this team not the ones in the past stopped here. And until someone stops us which few have reserve your opinions cause you might lose your money and look silly for your ignorance.🙌🦍

I think they base this off of future opponent, either way that says they don't think much of our shot vs Houston or our team. Us likely having to play their #1 #6 and either #4 or #5 to get to NC game. Brutal path. No one can deny that we will have earned this title when we win it. We beat Houston I would like to see how they restack it. Media is doing us a huge favor. Nobody basically giving us a chance.

Advertisement
Back