SWEET SIXTEEN V HOUSTON - FRIDAY AT 7:15

Very cordial of you! Houston would have not won 30 games playing in the ACC. They would have lost 10 or more.

Re-watch the Indiana game. Miami, except for the one Indiana spurt in the middle of the game, really dominated an Indiana team that beat the #1 team in the country twice.
See my many post above. Your argument about schedule is quite poor.

Advertisement
.4 more points through a tougher strength of schedule. You all are forgetting Houston’s strength of schedule exceeds that of Miami’s.
The only tournament team you've played since Christmas only got into the tournament by virtue of beating you in the conference championship game. I'd bet anything a .500 Syracuse team goes 14-4 against that AAC gauntlet.

In the non-conf games against tourney teams (which are propping up your strength of schedule) - you managed to win scoring 84, 49, 53 and 69 and lost with 65.

The only tournament team you've played since Christmas only got into the tournament by virtue of beating you in the conference championship game. I'd bet anything a .500 Syracuse team goes 14-4 against that AAC gauntlet.

In the non-conf games against tourney teams (which are propping up your strength of schedule) - you managed to win scoring 84, 49, 53 and 69 and lost with 65.
AAC has an average NET ranking of 126 compared to 110 for the ACC. ACC was not as good this year. Combing your soft out of conference schedule Miami had an easier regular path. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love it. Keep asking. Here is SI's 16 reranked. Just like ESPN we are in the last group and he makes a smart *** remark and then ends it with another dig.

As if almost all these other teams havent paid for their best. You think Miller was free for Alabama? I'm sure Houstons whole roster is still there because they love their coach and dont take a dollar.

Hate is great!

Despite being 10th on this list, the Hurricanes could reach the Final Four. This is the best team LifeWallet could buy, with transfer/free-agent guard Nijel Pack arriving from Kansas State with a supposedly lucrative NIL deal via booster John Ruiz, and fellow guard Isaiah Wong also supposedly on the Ruiz payroll. Hopefully there was some money left over for post man Norchad Omier (31 rebounds in the tournament so far) and Jordan Miller (19 points against Indiana in the second round).

Coach Jim Larranaga is a March Sharpie. This is his fourth Sweet 16 with Miami, and of course there was the Cinderella Final Four run with George Mason in 2006. The Hurricanes got to a regional final last year before being steamrolled by eventual champion Kansas.

Not only did Wong lead the 'Canes in scoring, he also was named the ACC’s Player of the Year while averaging 16.1 points, 4.4 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game.

But despite of these conference accolades, he wasn’t named an AP All-American. Not first team, not second team, not even third team. Wong had to read all the way to the Honorable Mentions list to find his name. If he felt disrespected last spring over an NIL contract, imagine how he feels about not being an All-American.

Now, imagine how he feels about the opportunity to face off against a guy like Sasser — a player with nearly identical numbers but was crowned a first team All-American. Anybody thinking that isn’t adding a little something to the stakes is fooling themselves.

Advertisement
If you count scrimmages which would include a win against Texas. Houston was 8-2 against teams that made the Tournament. Overall, the argument that their schedule was weak really is not a great argument.
This dude is trying to count SCRIMMAGES. That’s weak as ****. Let’s cut the nonsense, Houston has spent the last 3+ months beating on crap because the American is mediocre at best. Miami was playing an ACC schedule which while not murderers row this year(Because Duke and UNC weren’t hyper elite), is still better. Houston had a stronger OOC slate, but it’s not like Miami didn’t play some tournament teams OOC.

To be fair - Memphis was already in the tournament even if they had lost to the Coogs. Done spew garbage like some of the Coogs fans are.

To be fair - Memphis was already in the tournament even if they had lost to the Coogs. Done spew garbage like some of the Coogs fans are.
I'll spew whatever garbage I please.

Fine, you can crown Memphis and their exactly 1 regular season top 30 NET win (same as NIT-bound Clemson) all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Houston played nobody meaningful or relevant after Christmas.

Advertisement
This dude is trying to count SCRIMMAGES. That’s weak as ****. Let’s cut the nonsense, Houston has spent the last 3+ months beating on crap because the American is mediocre at best. Miami was playing an ACC schedule which while not murderers row this year(Because Duke and UNC weren’t hyper elite), is still better. Houston had a stronger OOC slate, but it’s not like Miami didn’t play some tournament teams OOC.
7-2 without scrimmages. ACC average net was only 110. Either read my post or do some research. Stop making up facts.

Advertisement
Back