(Swamp Kings) Imagine Being Such a Lying Psychopath...

Still watching first episode. At one time Siler says, in the 100 years of Florida football we have one championship. And while watching on my Amazon tablet I put my hand with fingers spread out up to the screen and yell '5 ************, 5!'

Also back to remembering all of my Tebow hate.

Advertisement
Message Board Genius is gonna find you.

Chris Farley GIF by Leroy Patterson

Hahaha. Exactly. Somehow the SEC's dominance over like the last 15 years gets manipulated into their teams having been this major force for the last 40 years.

I should've seen the red flags you did here and jumped ship too. Like an idiot, I kept thinking that they were going to get into all the real dirt in episode 3 and that somehow Urbie and Teblows were going to be ****ed they got duped into participating.

Instead, I got 4 episodes of the Urban Meyer Redemption Tour, Teblows speaking in an annoying as F whisper that he obviously thought was dramatic, Brandon Siler being portrayed as a legendary college player, cornball Ahmad Black cracking himself up in a kitchen, and goofy *** Dan Mullen sitting by a pool trying his best to appear normal.

Funny part too is they feature some tub of goo former o-lineman that is the only one to remotely criticize some of what went on and seems kinda level-headed....and then you look his *** up and see he was accused of rape while there and arrested for violating a restraining order.

But back to St. Timmy. Did you know he couldn't afford college and the ONLY way he was going to go was to get an athletic scholarship? Did you know they MURDERED us (interesting choice of words, Timbo) in 2008? Please, that game was like a 6 pt difference going into the 4th quarter.

Probably not, but maybe the massive negative reaction to this trash will actually compel someone to finally do a real one on what went on there. Maybe Huntley Johnson or his family will need some cash someday.
I despise the sec and the media for numerous reasons. Even in what you said about sec dominance over the last 15 years. Obviously we're on the same page and I'm not shooting at that. It's just an example of how wrong people are about THE SEC as a conference. For me to say the SEC is dominant I'm not looking at simply poll standings etc because I think people are finally aware voters have an agenda behind who they vote on. The sec owns the media & honestly the conference as a whole has taken on spurriers stance with us of if I play a sec schedule why bother to play anyone strong outside of conference. Alabama,Georgia and to a lesser extent LSU are the only teams who will still play whoever. The rest of the conference simply beats up on each other. Where is the parody in that to establish the strength of the conference as a whole? Only way to establish the strength of THE SEC is their record in bowl games against other comparable squads. The sec record in those bowl games over the course of the last decade is 64-40... To me that's not dominant in the least. It's the equivalent of a 7-5 record. Now where the dominance comes in is Georgia and Bama. Outside of them they're an slightly above average conference as a whole. That's like the acc saying well Clemson has been consistently in playoff games so the acc is a dominant conference. I'm not arguing that right now there's a clearly better conference than the sec (even though big10 could put up a **** of an argument) but it's certainly not significantly better then the rest.

Still watching first episode. At one time Siler says, in the 100 years of Florida football we have one championship. And while watching on my Amazon tablet I put my hand with fingers spread out up to the screen and yell '5 ************, 5!'

Also back to remembering all of my Tebow hate.
Sooner or later someone will release a statement about Shebow being a known pedophile during that same time span. If only this **** billy corben or dan le ****** would do a deep dive on them.

I'm ashamed to admit after years in the league I reluctantly allowed myself to become friends with Marcus Gilbert and Carlos Dunlap. Some of the stories they told me about how **** was goin on around there would make us look like choir boys...

Good post. The idea that UF was some dilapidated program is absurd. They made a bowl game every year since the mid-80s.

Every year.

Look, Paul Finebaum can say whatever he wants about the horrors of losing Steve Spurrier, but facts are facts.

For 12 years of Steve Spurrier...the Gaytors averaged 10 wins per year. For 3 years of Ron Zook...the Gaytors averaged 8 wins per year.

Let's not act like the Gaytors were in The Dark Ages. They suffered through THREE WHOLE YEARS of slightly lesser results. WAAAAHHHH....

Advertisement
The only difference between Urban Meyer and Bobby Petrino is the latter wears his scumbaggery on his face and doesn't write books about righteousness, honesty, and walking a higher path.
Maybe I'm just not aware of everything petrino did. Cause for me the only thing I know beyond he's a douchebag is he drinks and he cheated on his wife with a former student...

Meyer on the other hand committed felonies(numerous ones)covering up for the **** that was going on not just in gaynesville but in Columbus also. Including a murder,several shootings,multiple rapes etc... That's something entirely different from petrino atleast as far as I know about both. But I don't know tons about petrino as an individual so maybe I'm uninformed.

I watched it. It is a wildly generic football documentary that could be made about any team that's had a championship run. All the good stuff that would have made this compelling was left out. It could have been great, to be fair. There's a great story in there.

Honestly, it reminded me of something they would sell in the University of Florida bookstore.

Sooner or later someone will release a statement about Shebow being a known pedophile during that same time span. If only this **** billy corben or dan le ****** would do a deep dive on them.

I'm ashamed to admit after years in the league I reluctantly allowed myself to become friends with Marcus Gilbert and Carlos Dunlap. Some of the stories they told me about how **** was goin on around there would make us look like choir boys...
IMG_0246.gif

Go ahead, Uncle Dee! Story time! Fix this crappy “documentary” and please provide us with a few stories, if possible.

We can call this real Documentary- “Urban Myths.”

For me the thing I took away most from this documentary is no matter how great a coach is you still have to have a player lead team in order to be successful at the highest level. Seeing Urban having a mental breakdown and Brandon Siler having to settle him down reminded me of Ed Reed having to give Coker a pep talk before the national championship because he was nervous.

Advertisement
Funny I had just watched the Netflix series on Aaron Hernandez a couple weeks before. But he was glossed over on most of this series. Anyway, I knew it wouldn't play well on here.

I still think the saddest person on earth when Tebow left college football was Gary Danielson. Every time Tebow made a first down it sounded like ole’ Gary was going to have an O-gasm. To this day, he probably still has a life size picture of Tebow hanging in his room somewhere.

After watching the BS High doc vs the gaytor doc it’s almost no comparison. BS High seems like they don’t omit ANYTHING and tell the story how it happened from personal perspective and outside perspective and actually touched on all the shady **** that went on

Even some UF fans I know are saying it's bull*****t propaganda and they'd like an honest reckoning of the Urban era.

Advertisement
Even some UF fans I know are saying it's bull*****t propaganda and they'd like an honest reckoning of the Urban era.

It would be one thing if Netflix whitewashed Urban and the Gaytors for ONE 1-hour installment.

But it's FOUR installments.

And we STILL have some Miami-fan cucks trying to tell us how it's a well-made documentary and very entertaining, and worth the time.

Netflix spent more time trying to pump up a couple of years of ***-dumpster Meyer Gaytor football than ESPN devoted to TWO Billy Corben documentaries on 25 years of Miami football.

Haven't read the entire thread. Is the show worth watching? Is it any good? I watched the Manziel documentary recently and thought it was really underwhelming bordering on boring.

Advertisement
I watched it over the weekend. Let me give my [as best as I can] objective take.

It was so-so.

I agree with everything @hurricaneman posted above. It was "good" in the sense that it's football, and football is a pretty universal language, regardless of the fact that its about a team I enjoy watching lose. Personally, I like seeing how individuals or teams work to attain success, and some of the training videos were neat. So in that regard, I can appreciate it.

But the actual story itself was non-existent. @hurricaneman is right-you could make a similar film about any championship team in any sport/league. I don't think that anyone who is not a sports fan would enjoy this. And whoever made this absolutely had some stories they could tell: the seedier side to Urban, Aaron, the juxtaposition of the messiah (Tebow) vs. trouble-makers, the role of wildly successful sports programs in small town America. But instead, this was just a bland, rah-rah Gators clip. This sounded like something conceived by Urban's publicist as part of his rehabilitation tour for his next gig.

PS No longer objective . . . don't homeschool your kids.

cs.gif

Advertisement
Back