Sunny Odogwu

Advertisement
If the staff knows we have 3 OL that are coming, and still want to offer this kid then there's got to be A LOT of upside they see to him thay is rare enough to take a 4th OL in a small class when we already have 2-3 stud OL for next year.

I just think if they're toying with the idea, commit one way or the other bc if he's a plan c or d guy he might not be around with ND and SC offers on the table.

This class doesn't have nor will have a natural tackle prospect outside of Odogwu...he's developmental and I wouldn't expect anything from him until his RS Junior year at the earliest...but if the staff is sold, even as a Kehoe special and he's the 4th lineman in a class...just take him.

I'd say that Kerr is a tackle prospect, in the same way Jason Fox and Eric Winston were.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1066284/highlights/16512380

And he'll take a couple years to develop just like Sunny.

Gigantic smart humble hard-working kid athletic enough to be delivered from Nigeria on a basketball scholarship? Yeah. I'm going to pass on that because it might take a couple of years to work with him. LULZ. ANY guy you recruit on the OL is going to take work and development.

How many OL walk in and play a lot as true freshmans? Almost none. The Ereck Flowers of the world are few and far between, and we are not in desperation mode now anyway needing an OL to come in and play right away.

This class doesn't have nor will have a natural tackle prospect outside of Odogwu...he's developmental and I wouldn't expect anything from him until his RS Junior year at the earliest...but if the staff is sold, even as a Kehoe special and he's the 4th lineman in a class...just take him.
This.
I agree as we'll. I feel like Kirkland is a t as well, but love the idea of taking this kid.

I think Kirkland is only a Tackle in the Feliciano or B-Wash kind of way.

problem with Kirkland is early on his jr year i saw a bit of rt in him.
He has pretty good feet, but dude is just plain BIG...he has a mid section that needs to shed some...and that is why i would slate him to be in the box...similar to B-Wash (He is a little taller than BWASH)...But Kirkland can be an ELITE Guard prospect.

I'm not even stressing the Tackle spot though...i'd take a Kehoe Project in Sunny Odogwu..long arms basketball background..raw...comfortable taking a shirt...because next year we have two bookends if ive ever seen already down the pike in RT- Trevor Darling and LT- Shane Mcdermott...those two kids are college ready NOW.

Advertisement
Unfortunately the best tackle we are recruiting is Gall and he isn't going to end up there.

Kirkland looks like Warmack. I think we're all in agreement that we would like having a "Warmack" on our line

Kirkland looks like Warmack. I think we're all in agreement that we would like having a "Warmack" on our line

Omg no! Please do not insult Chance Warmack like that. Denver is more of a Brandon Washington in the sense that he's got a lot of natural ability but will really have to get his weight under control before he is an effective player. I see Denver redshirting and being a player his sophomore year with added strength and conditioning. He is athletic but just nowhere near ready to play meaningful minutes nor should he be. Kids like Gall and Denver redshirting will really pay dividends for this team.

Last edited:
When you only have 15-20 scholies, you take a pass. When you are going for 30+, you take a chance on someone like this.

If we could get him to come in January, he might not count toward the self-imposed 2013 limits. i keep telling people that here on this board concerning all the Jucos. If they come early, I don't think they will count against 2013. We might be able to count them against 2012. People don't seem to get that. If' I'm wrong about that, please tell me.

Advertisement

Omg no! Please do not insult Chance Warmack like that. Denver is more of a Brandon Washington in the sense that he's got a lot of natural ability but will really have to get his weight under control before he is an effective player. I see Denver redshirting and being a player his sophomore year with added strength and conditioning. He is athletic but just nowhere near ready to play meaningful minutes nor should he be. Kids like Gall and Denver redshirting will really pay dividends for this team.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/alabama/football/recruiting/player-Chance-Warmack-79726

People need to stop seeing guys as their All-American entities. It took a while for Warmack to become CHANCE WARMACK. It's about projection. Kirkland is a good athlete and has better natural size than Warmack. Whether Kirkland becomes a beast will depend on his own work ethic. Not his lack of athleticism or strength. When I say Kirkland reminds me of Warmack, I'm talking about his upside

I would like the staff to find a way to make room for this kid, huge upside with great size for a T.

When you only have 15-20 scholies, you take a pass. When you are going for 30+, you take a chance on someone like this.

If we could get him to come in January, he might not count toward the self-imposed 2013 limits. i keep telling people that here on this board concerning all the Jucos. If they come early, I don't think they will count against 2013. We might be able to count them against 2012. People don't seem to get that. If' I'm wrong about that, please tell me.

You're wrong. The problem isnt the amount of players we can take in this recruiting class, the probem is that not enough players left through graduation and other things. We dont have enough room on the roster for nxt year to sign any more than the 15-18 players were looking at for this class.

Tackles in the pipeline: Flowers, Gadbois, McDermott, Darling

Guards/Centers in the pipeline: Isidora, Knighton, Gall, Kirkland

Good solid core right there, and I am sure I'm forgetting someone. We can take a project or two.

Advertisement
Gigantic smart humble hard-working kid athletic enough to be delivered from Nigeria on a basketball scholarship? Yeah. I'm going to pass on that because it might take a couple of years to work with him. LULZ. ANY guy you recruit on the OL is going to take work and development.

How many OL walk in and play a lot as true freshmans? Almost none. The Ereck Flowers of the world are few and far between, and we are not in desperation mode now anyway needing an OL to come in and play right away.

This.
I agree as we'll. I feel like Kirkland is a t as well, but love the idea of taking this kid.

Disagree. Wash was an all conf guard and an OK tackle. Feliciano is a much better guard as well.

Advertisement

This.

Disagree. Wash was an all conf guard and an OK tackle. Feliciano is a much better guard as well.

And you think Kirkland is a better tackle than guard?

[]_[] swag;1185430 said:

You're wrong. The problem isnt the amount of players we can take in this recruiting class, the probem is that not enough players left through graduation and other things. We dont have enough room on the roster for nxt year to sign any more than the 15-18 players were looking at for this class.

That's not correct. We currently have 70 scholie players and, following spring frills, will probably see 6 to 8 leave by attrition.

No major college team should have to play true frosh on either line today, and still be competitive. Most kids aren't ready until TWO (2) years outta high school!

Advertisement
Back