Sunday Buzz Miami Recruiting

UM needs Quincy moar then it needs Lane smh....

i guess the staff is going to do what worked last year and offer Quincy the night before NSD like they did with Skai Moore

/ oh wait wut?

Advertisement
UM needs Quincy moar then it needs Lane smh....

i guess the staff is going to do what worked last year and offer Quincy the night before NSD like they did with Skai Moore

/ oh wait wut?

Yeah but Skai really wanted to be a part of the class basically through the whole process if i remember. Idk but it seems like we burned our bridge with Quincy already. And vice versa.

no way yearby is looking anywhere else but UM...**** that

It was a typo.

He typed in "Yearby" when he meant to say "Cook." It makes much more sense in the context of the article, and is in line with comments Yearby has previously made about Cook.

Johnnie Dixon‏@unogohard124m
When I make my decision it's a lot of people that will sit around and hate me but its my decision for me and my family #ItsGettingReal

Advertisement
I love Lammons confidence and maybe he sees the chance to play here early.. It's going to be tight between UM and UF for him. I think Moten will flip to UM during the season. STA new head coach is very UM friendly and unlike Coach Smith he tells his players to keep their options open even if they're committed. Yearby isn't going anywhere and i don't think Cook or Lane comes here.

I have followed recruiting pretty closely for a long time, and have never been one to talk down the guys who leave or over hype the guys we get. To the contrary, i was one of the early negative voices on both coker and shannon's recruiting, rankings notwithstanding.

That said, i am not concerned about clark and lane going elsewhere, for different reasons. Clark, because hype aside, i am not convinced he's that great. His weight is too high and he doesnt seem like a can't miss kid to me. I'll reserve judgment until i see who ends up coming here at dt, but i dont think this kid is the next vince wilfork by any means. I think bryant was a better prospect last year (but maybe a head case), and bostwick too. Our big issue is we are desperate at dt, unfortunately.

As for lane, he's a great prospect but we're going to be fine at wr. And if griffin gets in, amd with langham committed, we have size at the spot (and griffin is IMO a better athlete and prospect than lane). And with coley this year, and assuming some mix of berrios, dixon, jojo and whoever next year, i think we'll be fine all around at wr. So while you never want to lose a top local kid, we shouldn't suffer for lack of lane.

Cook and sony are the two guys who look like real losses to me. Both of those guys should be all americans. Hopefully cook can be turned.

"Fine" doesn't win championships. There are a few rare talents that come along each year and getting them is the difference between being a really good team and dominating.

The Cam Newtons, Sean Taylor's, Amari Coopers, and Vince Wilforks are so much better than the guys just "ranked" behind them they are irreplaceable recruiting-wise.

Lane looks like one of those guys. I'd rather have gotten Andre Johnson then three "fine" guys and Lane looks like a beast.

Johnnie Dixon‏@unogohard124m
When I make my decision it's a lot of people that will sit around and hate me but its my decision for me and my family #ItsGettingReal

too much to read in to there. I don't like and don't want to think about it until he commits. He is as close to a must as it gets IMO.

You have to remember many of these kids are over-dramatic on Twitter. How many say they are gonna shock the world and then go on to pick the team everyone expected them to?

Advertisement
Back