Sunday Buzz Miami Recruiting

I love Lammons confidence and maybe he sees the chance to play here early.. It's going to be tight between UM and UF for him. I think Moten will flip to UM during the season. STA new head coach is very UM friendly and unlike Coach Smith he tells his players to keep their options open even if they're committed. Yearby isn't going anywhere and i don't think Cook or Lane comes here.

I have followed recruiting pretty closely for a long time, and have never been one to talk down the guys who leave or over hype the guys we get. To the contrary, i was one of the early negative voices on both coker and shannon's recruiting, rankings notwithstanding.

That said, i am not concerned about clark and lane going elsewhere, for different reasons. Clark, because hype aside, i am not convinced he's that great. His weight is too high and he doesnt seem like a can't miss kid to me. I'll reserve judgment until i see who ends up coming here at dt, but i dont think this kid is the next vince wilfork by any means. I think bryant was a better prospect last year (but maybe a head case), and bostwick too. Our big issue is we are desperate at dt, unfortunately.

As for lane, he's a great prospect but we're going to be fine at wr. And if griffin gets in, amd with langham committed, we have size at the spot (and griffin is IMO a better athlete and prospect than lane). And with coley this year, and assuming some mix of berrios, dixon, jojo and whoever next year, i think we'll be fine all around at wr. So while you never want to lose a top local kid, we shouldn't suffer for lack of lane.

Cook and sony are the two guys who look like real losses to me. Both of those guys should be all americans. Hopefully cook can be turned.

Advertisement
I love Lammons confidence and maybe he sees the chance to play here early.. It's going to be tight between UM and UF for him. I think Moten will flip to UM during the season. STA new head coach is very UM friendly and unlike Coach Smith he tells his players to keep their options open even if they're committed. Yearby isn't going anywhere and i don't think Cook or Lane comes here.

I have followed recruiting pretty closely for a long time, and have never been one to talk down the guys who leave or over hype the guys we get. To the contrary, i was one of the early negative voices on both coker and shannon's recruiting, rankings notwithstanding.

That said, i am not concerned about clark and lane going elsewhere, for different reasons. Clark, because hype aside, i am not convinced he's that great. His weight is too high and he doesnt seem like a can't miss kid to me. I'll reserve judgment until i see who ends up coming here at dt, but i dont think this kid is the next vince wilfork by any means. I think bryant was a better prospect last year (but maybe a head case), and bostwick too. Our big issue is we are desperate at dt, unfortunately.

As for lane, he's a great prospect but we're going to be fine at wr. And if griffin gets in, amd with langham committed, we have size at the spot (and griffin is IMO a better athlete and prospect than lane). And with coley this year, and assuming some mix of berrios, dixon, jojo and whoever next year, i think we'll be fine all around at wr. So while you never want to lose a top local kid, we shouldn't suffer for lack of lane.

Cook and sony are the two guys who look like real losses to me. Both of those guys should be all americans. Hopefully cook can be turned.
When Ethnic speaks on recruiting (many other subjects as well) everyone should listen. The man knows his stuff

On cook, he's no guarantee to flip. Granted there a lot of time left but he's pretty solid to UF regardless of what he says to reporters. Sony & Cook are elite backs I hope on NSD we can land one of them even though it's not looking likely.

@_MoneyLane: It's funny because Dalvin Cook trying to get me to Florida more then any college & coaches . He on me the hardest

Advertisement
Have a feeling edouard might decommitt , kid deserve better , not no stupid as school UM , I hope he Decommitts .

LOL @ Lammons comment. No way in **** that kid comes here and surpasses Crawford, Howard and Gunter.

I'm not impressed with Gunter, but if Lammons really runs a 4.7 then he definitely shouldn't be expecting to see the field his first year... Especially if he's only playing qb...

Last edited:
Have a feeling edouard might decommitt , kid deserve better , not no stupid as school UM , I hope he Decommitts .

is that you Alin? you sure seem to like to come out of the woodwerkz with Alin Edouard talk. I think all 34 posts are about Edouard........

Advertisement
lammons wouldn't start as a freshman but it's not like he's gonna be behind some all-conference corners

I agree but it was only just one season. Tracy has the potential to be All-American, Gunter is solid, and Crawford is a willdcard.

Based on what i've seen, i'd say that gunter and crawford have more upside than howard, recruiting hype notwithstanding.

Besides being athletic Gubter doesn't impressed me... He literally made 2 plays the entire season and remained suspect the rest of the year... His best game was FSU and he still made errors but was nailed out by a few questionable offensive pass interference calls... I like Crawford... He's talented and I still have hope for Howard... I felt he was given things too fast and he wasn't physically ready to play last year... He's a smart player so I think his ceiling is higher than Gunters... I think Crawford has the overall skills to be a big time player and Howard has the brains to be productive... As of right now I don't think Gunter has a higher potential than either players...

Advertisement
bob errr..... Uncle lUke, lice or whomever the phUcc U are. Please STFU, stop drinking before U post, learn the English langUage, and stop hoping that Alin decommits. I've told U b4, the yoUng man wants to be here to compete for a job, and oUr coaches wants him to be here. That's enoUgh for me and most of oUr real fans. Why don't yoU jUst leave this board? I hear the f$U and Uif bandwagons need more "fans", so rUn along now, and sober Up. Posting while gassed oUt of your phUccin mind, is not cool!

@_MoneyLane 3h Might have to catch a plane to the college I'm going to *Wink Wink*
@_MoneyLane 3h The person in my avi is going to be my college teammate

8a535ab2a7c937f078202d24e76ecdaa.jpeg

Well Ok then, looks like he gone. Or he trolling. Oh well. DeUces kid! Who's the kid that's with him in the pic?

Advertisement
Does this seem like a reality to anybody?:

With the recent news that AE is reopening his recruitment and rumors that Rosier will jump at the first SEC school to offer, would we offer Treon as a QB? I feel like Coley wants some competition among a PP (Kaaya) and a DT (any of the three named depending on what happens). The fact of the matter is that he has the talent to play corner or slot, and would make a good DTQB, and he'd most likely be willing to play other positions to get on the field early. Kind of like Ryan Tannehill's situation in his first two years at A&M. Not to mention this may be one of the biggest nails in the coffin to put away Ice's grudge against UM and reopen the pipeline to BTW.

I think Lane, like most recruits, know pretty early where they are going. The rest is just a game.

Advertisement
Back