Student newspaper rips signs at BUC

Ah yes the new age Canes ****** students who pretend Miami is Duke b/c they weren't smart enough to get into the ACTUAL nerdy basketball school.

Whoever wrote that needs to learn his history. THERE IS NO UM BASKETBALL WITHOUT CANES FOOTBALL.

And then there are the Canes fans who weren't smart enough to get into the ACTUAL school. STFU. Current basketball success has nothing to do with previous football success, the hiring of Coach L was an even more blind hiring than was Golden. The only difference is they got lucky with Coach L.
Your kidding right? How was hiring coach L a blind hire?

They hired him off a god**** wikipedia page. Are you kidding?

Advertisement
Ah yes the new age Canes ****** students who pretend Miami is Duke b/c they weren't smart enough to get into the ACTUAL nerdy basketball school.

Whoever wrote that needs to learn his history. THERE IS NO UM BASKETBALL WITHOUT CANES FOOTBALL.

And then there are the Canes fans who weren't smart enough to get into the ACTUAL school. STFU. Current basketball success has nothing to do with previous football success, the hiring of Coach L was an even more blind hiring than was Golden. The only difference is they got lucky with Coach L.

LOL. You must not watch college basketball do you.

LOL. You must have no idea of how their hiring process went with him.

What does the process have to do with being a blind hire? They hired a proven coach who showed he could get the job done and be successful. Thats not a "Blind hire"

lol @ not smart enough. Its UM not MIT.

Advertisement

What does the process have to do with being a blind hire? They hired a proven coach who showed he could get the job done and be successful. Thats not a "Blind hire"

The process of the hiring is exactly what I'm talking about. They didn't know what they were doing when they hired him. They hired him off his wikipedia page, that's the **** definition of a blind ******* hire.

Where did you go?

Where did you go?

lol

I went to Georgia Tech

Last edited:
Herrera- I hate to say it but the media is not fair. Fact of the matter is anyone with a voice or a smart phone has an opinion and can voice it. The same way you have. Things get twisted and I am sure you did not want to bring this attention to your self especially being involved in student govt.

Your feelings are what they are and no one should fault you for that. I do not.

Don't beat yourself up, but the longer this goes on the more people will write/talk about you and some of it will be true, some won't and you have to deal with it.
Gotta love slimy people from UM admin coming here to give veiled threats of a smear campaign if Herrera doesn't stop what he's doing.

Advertisement
lol

I went to Georgia Tech.... what was that?

23.gif

He lied! I didn't seek any of this out. Didn't tweet the media. They found me. HE JUST LIED ABOUT ME AND EVERYONE CAN READ THAT

Don't know if this would work, send a letter to the editor (to be printed) but quote his article and set him straight. (You didn't seek attention/tweet it, the media found you). Line by line if you have too.

Are you really the vice pres. of the student government? If so, you really do have a big stainless steel set.

Yes I am the VP that is factual. Because of that though I just can't lash out and write something to counteract. I have to think of our organization first and act according to the teams wishes collectively.

Starting a petition for your impeachment....#KeepGoldenImpeachHerrera

Where did you go?

lol

I went to Georgia Tech

GT isn't MIT either.

Lmao @ the UM shills in this thread.

So many spineless twats from the BoT on down to the student newspaper.

Advertisement

Where did you go?

lol

I went to Georgia Tech

GT isn't MIT either.

#1 It's a helluva lot closer than UM
#2 Don't try to turn this around. I wasn't the one on here arrogantly making blanket statements about peoples' intellectual capacity just cuz I got into a decent school.

#3 Sit down

Read some of the post and the poster tony said it best," May I suggest a new sign: NO CLOUD ON COACH L". Have a sign (or shirt) that promotes the basketball team but takes a shot at golden.....loop holes ppl.

Advertisement

Where did you go?

lol

I went to Georgia Tech

GT isn't MIT either.

But it's better than UM. Just like Wisky, ND, UNC, Duke, BC and UVA are better than us yet have all embarrassed us on the field recently. Or like the half dozen equal or better schools like OSU, UF, USC, UCLA, PSU, and Texas who don't act uppity towards football. Miami is not even one of the top schools in it's own division. Get over it. Be proud of it, but don't pretend it's something it isnt, it's pathetic.

Pathetic. Shills, plants and apologists will do anything to protect the status quo. I can only hope the next president blows everybody out the door, but given our BoT's decisionmaking, we're destined for another crony politician feeding their friends sweet posts and moar awful business decisions.

Never-ending cycle of failure with this ****.

Read some of the post and the poster tony said it best," May I suggest a new sign: NO CLOUD ON COACH L". Have a sign (or shirt) that promotes the basketball team but takes a shot at golden.....loop holes ppl.

"Real Coach, Real Results"

This is the angle to take

Advertisement
Back