Student newspaper rips signs at BUC

Advertisement
Donna is a master POLITICIAN....now relying on the "useful idiots" in the media to try to squash freedom of speech (ironic).

The fact that there aren't any articles being written about all the emails UM receives from people upset with the state of affairs pretty much illustrates why something unorthodox needed to be done at basketball games to get people's attention. It's also disgustingly hyperbolic and dishonest to claim this is some sort of offense on par with losing a parent. "First his mom died now he has to deal with THIS?" just so you can defend Golden and/or suck up to the school. Worth noting that the two signs he listed that weren't objectable to him one was about an FSU football player and the other about the FSU student body. Not exactly supporting UM's basketball team.

Once again, just like the cloud, UM apologists are more than happy to exaggerate how damaging signs are to the team if it'll help them defend the coaches and the status quo. Ask the entire roster to describe any sign they've seen in the crowd at games home and away and they might come up with two. Half of the reason they've gotten this far playing basketball is because they can block irrelevant things like signs, out while they play.

Herrera- seriously. Reach out to someone in the AD and have a constructive chat. The student newspaper is calling as they see it, which is the same as your doing. Only thing different is you apparently are VP of student body and that looks bad from your side. When things get into the media it's a two way street and have to be prepared for heat if you give it. Good learning lesson.

Take this conversation out of the media and message boards and air it out face to face. you are a student leader they will sit down with you. I am an alum and was active in student govt back in 1998-2002. No need to get your self upset and rattled. It's become an issue but can be settled with a conversation between you and whoever you think you need to talk to in the university.

You want irony?

An article supposed to be about the basketball team was 75% complaining about signs that could detract from the basketball team

They're completely rustled and have zero strategy

^Exactly!!!!

Advertisement
It's funny that this article is written from the standpoint of worrying about basketball players seeing a sign about a football coach, but the articles about the players who actually have to play for said incompetent football coach? Nowhere to be found.

Herrera- seriously. Reach out to someone in the AD and have a constructive chat. The student newspaper is calling as they see it, which is the same as your doing. Only thing different is you apparently are VP of student body and that looks bad from your side. When things get into the media it's a two way street and have to be prepared for heat if you give it. Good learning lesson.

Take this conversation out of the media and message boards and air it out face to face. you are a student leader they will sit down with you. I am an alum and was active in student govt back in 1998-2002. No need to get your self upset and rattled. It's become an issue but can be settled with a conversation between you and whoever you think you need to talk to in the university.

Sir, I am ok with the media calling it the way they see it. But I know the kid he doesn't like me, and he lied in the paper. He didn't do the right thing me investigate. Just wrote it and sent it. He lied about me. If it were true I could understand it it's not. And that hurts.

I took a Matthew Thomas sign to the Duke game two years ago when he was visiting to get him to come. No one complained that it was taking away from the upset that night!

Talk to whoever is in charge of the newspaper maybe? See what leverage you can bring to the table. I don't know if threatening a libel lawsuit is the way to go but don't walk in empty handed

Advertisement
I took a Matthew Thomas sign to the Duke game two years ago when he was visiting to get him to come. No one complained that it was taking away from the upset that night!

It wasn't against the rules until they took your signs
lying liberal asswhipes

He lied guys. I'm so rattled and shaken now. I didn't seek the media. He just brought my position and a lie into it just to get at me. To spite me. It is a lie.

Go get him. Tell your side and what ACTUALLY happen.

The damage is done man. I could and look like I'm jut trying to save face. It will become a he said he said. I don't want that.

Try tweeting Chuck Todd and Bill Corben, I'm sure they will support your cause. Don't let some ***ing virgin tool who writes for the troll put you down. Keep fighting big man!

Herrera- I hate to say it but the media is not fair. Fact of the matter is anyone with a voice or a smart phone has an opinion and can voice it. The same way you have. Things get twisted and I am sure you did not want to bring this attention to your self especially being involved in student govt.

Your feelings are what they are and no one should fault you for that. I do not.

Don't beat yourself up, but the longer this goes on the more people will write/talk about you and some of it will be true, some won't and you have to deal with it.

He lied! I didn't seek any of this out. Didn't tweet the media. They found me. HE JUST LIED ABOUT ME AND EVERYONE CAN READ THAT

Don't know if this would work, send a letter to the editor (to be printed) but quote his article and set him straight. (You didn't seek attention/tweet it, the media found you). Line by line if you have too.

Are you really the vice pres. of the student government? If so, you really do have a big stainless steel set.

Advertisement

Sir, I am ok with the media calling it the way they see it. But I know the kid he doesn't like me, and he lied in the paper. He didn't do the right thing me investigate. Just wrote it and sent it. He lied about me. If it were true I could understand it it's not. And that hurts.

Then tell his ***** *** as nicely as you can. He either write a retraction or be ready to see his name in lawsuit paperwork for slander/etc. You can't let this POS get away with it. Or anyone else in the media for that matter.

Herrera...whatever you do, don't listen to this sports-bra wearing maricon.
LOL at the student newspaper "calling it as they see it".

He lied! I didn't seek any of this out. Didn't tweet the media. They found me. HE JUST LIED ABOUT ME AND EVERYONE CAN READ THAT

Don't know if this would work, send a letter to the editor (to be printed) but quote his article and set him straight. (You didn't seek attention/tweet it, the media found you). Line by line if you have too.

Are you really the vice pres. of the student government? If so, you really do have a big stainless steel set.

Yes I am the VP that is factual. Because of that though I just can't lash out and write something to counteract. I have to think of our organization first and act according to the teams wishes collectively.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Then tell his ***** *** as nicely as you can. He either write a retraction or be ready to see his name in lawsuit paperwork for slander/etc. You can't let this POS get away with it. Or anyone else in the media for that matter.

I've met the writer before. Never was a big fan of the guy. Lost all respect I have for him after this. Rights a paper about an upset and spends the majority of the time *****ing over a sign and how we're in the wrong. How pathetic

Last edited:

You are pathetic.

Last edited:
Ah yes the new age Canes ****** students who pretend Miami is Duke b/c they weren't smart enough to get into the ACTUAL nerdy basketball school.

Whoever wrote that needs to learn his history. THERE IS NO UM BASKETBALL WITHOUT CANES FOOTBALL.

And then there are the Canes fans who weren't smart enough to get into the ACTUAL school. STFU. Current basketball success has nothing to do with previous football success, the hiring of Coach L was an even more blind hiring than was Golden. The only difference is they got lucky with Coach L.

Ah yes the new age Canes ****** students who pretend Miami is Duke b/c they weren't smart enough to get into the ACTUAL nerdy basketball school.

Whoever wrote that needs to learn his history. THERE IS NO UM BASKETBALL WITHOUT CANES FOOTBALL.

And then there are the Canes fans who weren't smart enough to get into the ACTUAL school. STFU. Current basketball success has nothing to do with previous football success, the hiring of Coach L was an even more blind hiring than was Golden. The only difference is they got lucky with Coach L.
Your kidding right? How was hiring coach L a blind hire?

Advertisement
Back