Stubbs

Advertisement
What improvements have you seen from our wide receivers? I see none. I saw the #2 WR from SUNY-Buffalo come down to Miami and immediately be our #1 WR. No one has gotten better. So...I question his coaching both firsthand as well as the caveat that he is a legitimate journeyman WR Coach. He's not a journeyman for just any ol reason.

Also, I don't see anything that says he can recruit. For a WR Coach to not recruit...it means he's near worthless. Whatever as a coach, too?

Brother, he stinks. Anybody could do the job he's doing. You could be Taylor Stubblefield if you stood just a few steps away from a drill and did your best Larry Coker sideline impersonation. Clap Clap Fist Pump...congrats, you're Stubblefield.

I saw a team last year of WR's that dropped ****** tons of balls. Havent seen one drop from Wiggins, Harley, Pope this year that i can remember. Wiggins was HORRIBLE at catching last year and Harley was pretty bad in both his freshman/sophomore years as well. Saw 1 drop by hightower this year otherwise he is catching everything

I'd call that improvement. Tell me im wrong here...

I feel the opposite way. I was very optimistic about the Stubblefield hire and everything about his position has been a disappointment for me.

I feel the opposite way. I was very optimistic about the Stubblefield hire and everything about his position has been a disappointment for me.
Were you disappointed in receiver play last year? They look far better this year collectively. Guys are creating space more often now when running routes and its easy to spot that out. The improvement of catching is evident as well. Im far more concerned with guys like baker, Barry, Banda , stroud so far

Advertisement
I saw a team last year of WR's that dropped ****** tons of balls. Havent seen one drop from Wiggins, Harley, Pope this year that i can remember. Wiggins was HORRIBLE at catching last year and Harley was pretty bad in both his freshman/sophomore years as well. Saw 1 drop by hightower this year otherwise he is catching everything

I'd call that improvement. Tell me im wrong here...

Far too inconsistent and such a small sample size for some of the second year players. They are just getting their even distribution in an offense with a bunch of mid-level talents with situational upside right now.

College Dominator Ranking (basically, breakout age and marketshare) is a great way of contextualizing what you've got at wide receiver.

Currently, none of our wide receivers individually have a 20% marketshare of the offense. They just don't produce enough (because they individually are still far too inconsistent) to show real tangible gains to their value.

20% threshold is low, too.

And before you say "well, yeah, but they are really talented and yada yada yada"...two out of Alabama's big three carry over 20% marketshare of the passing offense (Yards and TDs) and the other is just a few yards away but qualifies for marketshare of TDs. Real ballers produce consistently a share of the offense worthy of being WR1 or an optimum WR2. There are metrics out there that give you a good indication of how good you've got of a room. I just gave you one. Miami still fails to qualify players above mid-level talent with situational upside. Real, tangible development. Not this "well, it looks like they are catching the ball well out there" type of analysis. Our room is far weaker than anyone will admit and it goes back to their inconsistency individually and as a result, thats still on Stubblefield for not getting these guys to produce.

Far too inconsistent and such a small sample size for some of the second year players. They are just getting their even distribution in an offense without a bunch of mid-level talents with situational upside.

College Dominator Ranking (basically, breakout age and marketshare) is a great way of contextualizing what you've got at wide receiver.

Currently, none of our wide receivers individually have a 20% marketshare of the offense. They just don't produce enough (because they individually are still far too inconsistent) to show real tangible gains to their value.

And before you say "well, yeah, but they are really talented and yada yada yada"...two out of Alabama's big three carry over 20% marketshare of the passing offense (Yards and TDs) and the other is just a few yards away but qualifies for marketshare of TDs. Real ballers produce consistently a share of the offense worthy of being WR1 or an optimum WR2. There are metrics out there that give you a good indication of how good you've got of a room. I just gave you one. Miami still fails to qualify players above mid-level talent with situational upside. Real, tangible development. Not this "well, it looks like they are catching the ball well out there" type of analysis. Our room is far weaker than anyone will admit and it goes back to their inconsistency individually.

Actually I was one of the first to blast our WR room last year for being severely overrated (called pope an undersized weak nobody, harley tiny and not fast enough, wiggins cant catch, JT inconsistent, etc.) and the board blasted me until finally coming around be end of the season. I fully agree the WR group has not lived up to their 4/5* potential and is largely average at best compared to the big boy programs. That said, I have seen improvement myself this year (yes strictly subjective and 5 game sample size but each player i blasted last year - pope, harley, wiggins all lookbetter to me so far.)

Obviously jury is out but i have no complaint about stubbs so far

What improvements have you seen from our wide receivers? I see none. I saw the #2 WR from SUNY-Buffalo come down to Miami and immediately be our #1 WR. No one has gotten better. So...I question his coaching both firsthand as well as the caveat that he is a legitimate journeyman WR Coach. He's not a journeyman for just any ol reason.

Also, I don't see anything that says he can recruit. For a WR Coach to not recruit...it means he's near worthless. Whatever as a coach, too?

Brother, he stinks. Anybody could do the job he's doing. You could be Taylor Stubblefield if you stood just a few steps away from a drill and did your best Larry Coker sideline impersonation. Clap Clap Fist Pump...congrats, you're Stubblefield.
Osborne is the number 1 based on what?

Far too inconsistent and such a small sample size for some of the second year players. They are just getting their even distribution in an offense with a bunch of mid-level talents with situational upside right now.

And before you say "well, yeah, but they are really talented and yada yada yada"...two out of Alabama's big three carry over 20% marketshare of the passing offense (Yards and TDs) and the other is just a few yards away but qualifies for marketshare of TDs. Real ballers produce consistently a share of the offense worthy of being WR1 or an optimum WR2. There are metrics out there that give you a good indication of how good you've got of a room. I just gave you one. Miami still fails to qualify players above mid-level talent with situational upside. Real, tangible development. Not this "well, it looks like they are catching the ball well out there" type of analysis. Our room is far weaker than anyone will admit and it goes back to their inconsistency individually and as a result, thats still on Stubblefield for not getting these guys to produce.
These wrs haven't been given the same chance as wrs at bama. Look at thomas for example. Dude should have about 6 tds right now but the ball wasn't thrown to him.

Advertisement
It's funny how each week someone says ... "<blank> is the least of my worries" (Defense is the least of my worries, Jarren is the least of my worries, etc). Then it's all the sudden the worst of everyone's worries!

I'm trying to work the reverse jinx here, otherwise it's gonna be drop-city Friday!

WR concern is the least of my worries....

We have an oline that struggles with pre snap penalties and fundamentals of blocking

an offense lead by enos thats still stuck i neutral

If anything it seems like our RB depth has regressed....we seemed to have everyone ready to step up last year this year cam isnt very productive and we havent seen anything of Lo or Burns

Take a look at Oklahoma(yes in that offense), they use predominantly 3-4 receivers who get the main target shares of their passing attack. Imo we spread the ball around more probably but the obvious drawback is that it doesn’t allow the qbs to build that rapport you would want your qb and receiver group to be with a particular set of group of pass catchers. However I would rather do what we are trying to do now honestly as it keep more people involved ultimately. Im glad some of the younger guys like pope, Hightower and Wiggins are starting to step up.
57CBD201-28C9-42D9-94A1-599C300AD185.jpeg

58D19582-6474-45E9-8D88-B4FBB6567476.jpeg

Osborne is the number 1 based on what?

Statistically prior to the VaTech game, he was our only breakout candidate (he already broke out at Buffalo, to be fair). He's our only WR with above a 20% marketshare of a passing category (TDs).

Subjectively, most consistent. Runs a variety routes inside and outside. Solid, reliable hands. Just a nice solid player. Going to be a very late Day 3, UDFA type of player.

Thomas is the other option, but I think Thomas and Harley is a closer discussion than most would admit. I like Thomas' explosiveness, but he's very inconsistent and gets very emotional on the field when things aren't going his way and he loses focus. Harley, I think is a nice solid slot WR who is emerging a bit. I'd like to see him move beyond a 2-3 catch WR, but still needs to find consistency.

Advertisement
Statistically prior to the VaTech game, he was our only breakout candidate (he already broke out at Buffalo, to be fair). He's our only WR with above a 20% marketshare of a passing category (TDs).

Subjectively, most consistent. Runs a variety routes inside and outside. Solid, reliable hands. Just a nice solid player. Going to be a very late Day 3, UDFA type of player.

Thomas is the other option, but I think Thomas and Harley is a closer discussion than most would admit. I like Thomas' explosiveness, but he's very inconsistent and gets very emotional on the field when things aren't going his way and he loses focus. Harley, I think is a nice solid slot WR who is emerging a bit. I'd like to see him move beyond a 2-3 catch WR, but still needs to find consistency.
Thomas and harley arent close at all. And how is he inconsistent when the opportunities haven't been there? Do you take into account the system and qbs guys are playing with?

These wrs haven't been given the same chance as wrs at bama. Look at thomas for example. Dude should have about 6 tds right now but the ball wasn't thrown to him.
They haven’t and Miami spreads it around more than just 3 main guys getting most of the targets
5FB5DF92-3873-48CF-9758-A423EF947430.png

@brock

CeeDee Lamb is a first round WR and was an age 18 breakout. He and Charleston Rambo both have a 20% marketshare of the offense. They eat. But, thats what beasts do, they get their fill regardless of situation.

We don't distribute the ball more for any reason outside of we don't have guys that can be consistent in a variety of situations so we have to spread it around out of necessity, not because we have some dearth of talent.

Advertisement
5820D361-17AD-4C1D-BE4D-9841E9734826.png

@brock

CeeDee Lamb is a first round WR and was an age 18 breakout. He and Charleston Rambo both have a 20% marketshare of the offense. They eat. But, thats what beasts do, they get their fill regardless of situation.

We don't distribute the ball more for any reason outside of we don't have guys that can be consistent in a variety of situations so we have to spread it around out of necessity, not because we have some dearth of talent.
I think Miami has more talent than you are giving them credit for there. Look at bama for an example yeah they have more talent than anyone in the country 1-4 on their depth chart at receiver but after that who are their other guys? While Miami has guys like pope, Hightower,Wiggins, Payton after the top 3 so far.

honesty lamb and Rambo get that market share because that’s just how Oklahoma and Lincoln Riley runs their offense. They stick with their main 3 receivers or so and a specific tight end and let those guys get most of their targets

@brock

What are you talking about? They eat because they are in a great system led by the top offensive mind in cfb and have played with great qbs. Put those dudes here with richt and rosier and you would be singing a different tune.

I think Miami has more talent than you are giving them credit for there. Look at bama for an example yeah they have more talent than anyone in the country 1-4 on their depth chart at receiver but after that who are their other guys? While Miami has guys like pope, Hightower,Wiggins, Payton after the top 3 so far

I'm not sure I see your point, man. Jeudy, Smith, Ruggs, and Waddle would be Miami's 1-4 WRs. Some of those guys behind them in Alabama are likely going to be better than Pope, Hightower, Wiggins right now.

I don't think those guys have performed above role player status at any time in their careers, they'll probably be better contributors later in their careers, but I don't any of them is special yet. They are just regular ol ball players. ... I would have actually liked to have seen Payton surge ahead of that pack and I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't.

Deep wide receiver group hasn't stopped Jadon Haselwood or Frank Ladson from eating.

What are you talking about? They eat because they are in a great system led by the top offensive mind in cfb and have played with great qbs. Put those dudes here with richt and rosier and you would be singing a different tune.

Marketshare of an offense is situational. Your system, your QB, your whatever doesn't matter.

You've gotta exit this conversation, man. You're bringing nothing to the table.

Advertisement
Back