Stubbs

Marketshare of an offense is situational. Your system, your QB, your whatever doesn't matter.

You've gotta exit this conversation, man. You're bringing nothing to the table.
You have to exit because it does matter. To **** with your analytics. You talking out your *** if you think playing with back to back heisman winners and 1st overall picks doesn't help the wrs.

You don't know football if you think guys playing in a system that gets them favorable matchups doesn't matter.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I see your point, man. Jeudy, Smith, Ruggs, and Waddle would be Miami's 1-4 WRs. Some of those guys behind them in Alabama are likely going to be better than Pope, Hightower, Wiggins right now.

I don't think those guys have performed above role player status at any time in their careers, they'll probably be better contributors later in their careers, but I don't any of them is special yet. They are just regular ol ball players. ... I would have actually liked to have seen Payton surge ahead of that pack and I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't.

Deep wide receiver group hasn't stopped Jadon Haselwood or Frank Ladson from eating.
Not saying they would be miami’s top 4 but Thomas cracks that top 4 easily(that’s how elite I think His ability is). If he was in bama system last year he easily has a 10 tds over 1000 yard season but he wasn’t. With that being said I know bama has the best core in the nation but imo Thomas fits right in with them.

Oklahoma signed 3 5 star receivers in 2019 yet haselwood has emerged as the #3 option And is the only one playing significant playing time out of those 3 5 stars.

Frank Ladson eating with 4 catches 34 yards? ****, I just Noticed we spreading the ball around to more pass catchers than Clemson too this year.
B77EE6C5-011A-4073-B4FA-08B4F89F685D.jpeg

Were you disappointed in receiver play last year? They look far better this year collectively. Guys are creating space more often now when running routes and its easy to spot that out. The improvement of catching is evident as well. Im far more concerned with guys like baker, Barry, Banda , stroud so far

That has more to do with the scheme. Richt ran the worst static route concepts in college football. The receivers are still deficient in their technique with route running, attacking the ball and catching. The only guy who has solid technique is Osborn and he arrived that way. Also the personnel usage and rotation has left a lot to be desired.

If Stubblefield lands Worsham then he has earned his keep, otherwise I view him as just another position coach that could be upgraded easily.

Advertisement
I’ll take the trade off with improved catching either way though lol

I could be wrong but I think a lot of the drops last year happened because of Richts boring *** offense and slow pace. I think it’s an easy way to have kids lose focus

I could be wrong but I think a lot of the drops last year happened because of Richts boring *** offense and slow pace. I think it’s an easy way to have kids lose focus

You guys come up with a new reason for something all the time. Now the kids were bored so they dropped the passes lol

Advertisement
Improvement by Wiggins and Harley. Drops have decreased substantially. Stubbs should work with Mallory also to help with his routes and concentration.

We need to hire more technician and development coaches in my opinion....when players get developed (and of course you have to win games) you can sell kids on coming here

What improvements have you seen from our wide receivers? I see none. I saw the #2 WR from SUNY-Buffalo come down to Miami and immediately be our #1 WR. No one has gotten better. So...I question his coaching both firsthand as well as the caveat that he is a legitimate journeyman WR Coach. He's not a journeyman for just any ol reason.

Also, I don't see anything that says he can recruit. For a WR Coach to not recruit...it means he's near worthless. Whatever as a coach, too?

Brother, he stinks. Anybody could do the job he's doing. You could be Taylor Stubblefield if you stood just a few steps away from a drill and did your best Larry Coker sideline impersonation. Clap Clap Fist Pump...congrats, you're Stubblefield.

But is it so important for a position coach to be able to recruit? Alabama has turnover every single week in their coaching staff and recruit like nobody else. Surely Saban isn't batting 1.000 at hiring good position coaches who can also recruit at a high level?

I think Kirby is showing that, unsurprisingly, money is the main factor. He took the UGA recruiting budget from $600,000+ to over $2.6 million and now UGA is loaded at the most important positions. The recruiting staff is the main point of contact and if you have deficiencies in that area then you will never succeed. How many times have we heard how a player was ready to drop or go somewhere else and Cooney pulled them back in? Or that Cooney sealed the deal?

You guys come up with a new reason for something all the time. Now the kids were bored so they dropped the passes lol

Bored meaning no rhythm, have you ever played baseball for example and the pitcher can’t throw strikes and keeps walking people, this goes on for 10 minutes and you’re playing outfield. You start losing focus and start getting frustrated and mistakes happen.

Richts Offense was so slow and so repetitive (not in a good way). Kosi would clap and it’s was the same crap every time, you really think those kids where focused for the majority of the plays????

Advertisement
Which seem far more important for a WR. But hey maybe that's just me.
That and we haven't seen a lot of opportunities for WR to block. I know full well they haven't forgotten how to. Just Richt's O was designed for them to play a key role in that area, where Enos' doesn't. Not that they don't have A role, just not as big of one.

It's actually nice to see our WR running good routes and catching the ball more often than not. They look technically sound, which is all I ever wanted.

Thinks Stub has been solid: WR catching the ball the actually are not rounding off their routes. If the offensive line was even adequate this group would be explosive : Fields also seems to be pretty solid TE coach, that group also seems to be getting better.

He’s better than some or most of the corches but I don’t know that he crosses into good hire territory. I really don’t see any really good hires right now. Maybe Fields because he recruits and Brevin looks good but even then look at what Larry Scott is doing with Pitts at UiF.
Feeley is supposed to be legit..but idk

Advertisement
Our Receivers consistently create little to no separation but Stubblefield is a good hire? Please explain

hes been recruiting pretty well given his past rep and has coached fine this year. hes the only one one that side (along with fields) who should be safe.

Advertisement
Back