Stubbs

It’s funny to think that a guy that was unanimously hated when hired, is looked at more favorable that Enos and Barry at this point. There hasn’t been people doggin him and calling for his head.
WRs have improved their pass catching and routes look crisp. I remember people crying about his Twitter 😂😂😂. Not saying he’s great but it’s just funny that he’s become the least of our worries
Agree. Coaches from all sports that have coached at the service academies tend to be very good teachers of the game. Those programs thrive on precision and often do well in spite of playing D1 football with lots of 1&2* croots. Landing a 3* there is a big, big deal. Taylor is a very good football coach.

Advertisement
You can’t have it both ways. Other threads you’re blaming Jarren for the lack of production, saying the WRs are open. Now you’re singing a diff tune. Also never said he was great just find it funny that a guy everyone hated hasn’t been the problem
We just had two 100 hundred yard pass catchers for the 1st time that I can remember..I’d say maybe coley/Richards or Njoku..the Passimg game has been efficient, not. Really explosive tho..

We just had two 100 hundred yard pass catchers for the 1st time that I can remember..I’d say maybe coley/Richards or Njoku..the Passimg game has been efficient, not. Really explosive tho..
averaging 310 yards passing a game right now. Aided by a 466 yard performance from what we had total vs va tech but still was averaging 275 before that game. It’s improved for sure. The bigger plays will start to roll in now as the offense is starting to gel

Last edited:
averaging 310 yards passing a game right now. Aided by a 466 yard performance from what we had total vs va tech but still was averaging 275 before that game. It’s improves for sure. The bigger plays will start to roll in now as the offense is starting to gel
Yes but nobody in they right mind would give most the credit to the WRs coach over the OC..only in our fanbase..we averaged 20 pts a game last year..with the same skill players we supposed to double that right away

You can’t have it both ways. Other threads you’re blaming Jarren for the lack of production, saying the WRs are open. Now you’re singing a diff tune. Also never said he was great just find it funny that a guy everyone hated hasn’t been the problem

They can't both suck? lol

Advertisement
Hilarious. How far we've fallen that we are praising this guy when our WR's have looked mediocre all year. Even JT4 looked better last year.

I agree with you. From the stands it doesn't look good, especially when the defender has his back to the ball. One wasted opportunity after another. These guys obviously aren't schooled on how to either stop and draw contact, or quickly redirect to catch the ball. Instead they make the same mistake repeatedly...softly drifting backwards on a straight line, almost designed to avoid both the flag and the catch.

Advertisement
Based on what exactly?

What improvements have you seen from our wide receivers? I see none. I saw the #2 WR from SUNY-Buffalo come down to Miami and immediately be our #1 WR. No one has gotten better. So...I question his coaching both firsthand as well as the caveat that he is a legitimate journeyman WR Coach. He's not a journeyman for just any ol reason.

Also, I don't see anything that says he can recruit. For a WR Coach to not recruit...it means he's near worthless. Whatever as a coach, too?

Brother, he stinks. Anybody could do the job he's doing. You could be Taylor Stubblefield if you stood just a few steps away from a drill and did your best Larry Coker sideline impersonation. Clap Clap Fist Pump...congrats, you're Stubblefield.

It could be argued that he has the best overall talent to work with too. Regardless, I have a lot of concerns right now but our wide receivers aren't one of them.

Don’t particularly like him but it’s funny that you can’t argue he is in the top half of our coaches. I imagine we are wide open all the time due to having more than 4 plays though

Advertisement
It could be argued that he has the best overall talent to work with too. Regardless, I have a lot of concerns right now but our wide receivers aren't one of them.

That's sad af if that is true.

Miami's got a few late round picks in the WR Room at best.

It’s funny to think that a guy that was unanimously hated when hired, is looked at more favorable that Enos and Barry at this point. There hasn’t been people doggin him and calling for his head.
WRs have improved their pass catching and routes look crisp. I remember people crying about his Twitter 😂😂😂. Not saying he’s great but it’s just funny that he’s become the least of our worries

I think Stubbs is probably a solid person to speak with because of his success in NCAA. That being said I’m guessing a lot of our WR who are from Florida don’t have much in common with the dude. So while he can teach you how to do things not sure it’s a close not group with him.

Advertisement
That's sad af if that is true.

Miami's got a few late round picks in the WR Room at best.

I think our Blue Chip ratio in the wide receiver room is the best. Pope, Hightower, JT were all highly recruited.

At RB, Deejay and Cam'ron are solid, but Lingards been injured.

Our NFL numbers aren't going to be very pretty. You've seen the cracks these past few years. We used to own rounds 1 through 3, now it's the upside for a lot of our guys.

TEs have performed...okay. Brevin is playing at a high level but unfortunately is also the best blocker at the position. Mallory has been disappointing but seems to have the talent to develop. He is more of a project than thought. A big WR converting to TE.

I’d give Fields an “incomplete”. The struggles on the OL and inconsistent play calling haven’t allowed the TEs to flourish.

What improvements have you seen from our wide receivers? I see none. I saw the #2 WR from SUNY-Buffalo come down to Miami and immediately be our #1 WR. No one has gotten better. So...I question his coaching both firsthand as well as the caveat that he is a legitimate journeyman WR Coach. He's not a journeyman for just any ol reason.

Also, I don't see anything that says he can recruit. For a WR Coach to not recruit...it means he's near worthless. Whatever as a coach, too?

Brother, he stinks. Anybody could do the job he's doing. You could be Taylor Stubblefield if you stood just a few steps away from a drill and did your best Larry Coker sideline impersonation. Clap Clap Fist Pump...congrats, you're Stubblefield.

Sure you say anybody can do it but if they were stinking the joint up, you’d be killing him. Again never said he was great, for the fifth time. I’m just pointing out that the most hated assistant hire isn’t ******** things up

Advertisement
Back