STUBBLEFIELD

CIS is overreaction central lol. I can’t front i partaked in the festivities once or twice.

Advertisement
One game? lol. Were you on Mars last week? Stubblefield has saved his job based on his development of Wiggins alone! The kid is coming into his own before our eyes. Give the man his props. It won’t hurt.

Wiggins is very rough around the edges with his technique. He still has a lot of room to improve. Next year will be telling for Stubblefield.

Wiggins is very rough around the edges with his technique. He still has a lot of room to improve. Next year will be telling for Stubblefield.

wiggins second td catch was impressive. throw was a bit behind w a man on him in the middle fo the end zone and made that catch. given how he was last year, im excited to see him grow

I agree. I get ****ed off watching Bama with Juedy and Smith wrecking ****. Miami needs to start finishing first for those type of kids and not second. Those kids are true difference makers.

Their WRs are technicians. Even the ones who don't have NFL talent like Ardarius Stewart still produce and get picked high. WR and OL are very technical positions where development is paramount.

Advertisement
I agree. I get ****ed off watching Bama with Juedy and Smith wrecking ****. Miami needs to start finishing first for those type of kids and not second. Those kids are true difference makers.
WhisperedDarkEmperorpenguin-small.gif

Seems like most of our guys have improved throughout the year but ill wait and see how he does on the trail before I crown him. We need more speed and game breakers outside

He won that route on pure athleticism....no clue what that DB was doing/thinking.

A good DB would have stacked him after he took the outside release and kept him against the sideline with inside leverage. This DB didn't and allowed Wiggins to run across his face at the top of the route.

Ideally, Wiggins should have run more at the DB to keep the DBs hips square, take a pressure step outside then jerk stem inside, maintaining inside leverage and giving Jarren and easier read/throw. He didn't but was still able to get open because he's so freaking fast and athletic, the most on this team. If his hands continue to improve and he works on his routes just a bit, he could be a monster.
Yea at the I have no clue what the DB heard, or saw. But Wiggins had him beat before that for at least a big play

Advertisement
I shared that sentiment. Now I'm wondering if things were worse on offense pre-Manny/Enos/Barry than I had been led to believe. It was obvious that we were short on O line talent, but apparently development of offensive players overall.

I'm still concerned, but it's hard to be too harsh with the last 3 games being what they are. If this is the beginning of a trend then next year could be spectacular.

Yup. I'm absolutely not ready to write off the early season slide because I don't think a good staff allows that to happen no matter what they may have been handed. That said, the Pitt game is where I personally went from spewing venom at Barry and even Enos to being more confused and open to possibly being cautiously optimistic about a positive trendline.

Pitt is Pitt but they're still a top 10 overall defense and they had been feasting all year in opposing team backfields. I envisioned them obliterating our o-line and possibly injuring multiple Miami QBs. Instead the o-line actually only allowed like 1 or 2 sacks and not even many more QB hurries. Soooo hopefully that was a turning point. Keep performing at this level against FIU and Dook and then the bowl game becomes a very important barometer and tone-setter going into next year.

Props here. I’ve been saying it all year. The routes these guys are running are crisp. I’ve seen Jeff Thomas run some routes that I’ve never seen him execute so crisply and absolutely kill the DB.

I think Stubbs has done a noticeably better job with the development of the WR's than Dugans did.

I'm seeing these kids run crisper routes & drops are way down.

But I'm gonna be as honest as possible, I'm still uncertain about his recruiting ability, we'll see how that goes in the next 2 classes.
Agree with that. But that hire was geared towards improving our fundamentals, which we needed desperately. I remember when it was first announced, a lot of people freaked out that he wouldn't be able to recruit in south florida. But Miami has never had a problem getting skilled receivers to come to The U. We'll be fine there, even though it'd be nice to stop losing out on the uber local ones. But ultimately, we needed someone to teach our kids how to be solid receivers. Looks like Stubbs may finally be turning that corner for us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Stubbs has done a noticeably better job with the development of the WR's than Dugans did.

I'm seeing these kids run crisper routes & drops are way down.

But I'm gonna be as honest as possible, I'm still uncertain about his recruiting ability, we'll see how that goes in the next 2 classes.
If technique keeps trending up then all he needs are athletes. I can find him athletes...but I get what you’re saying.

Advertisement
Back