STUBBLEFIELD

All these dudes are way better since the change from dugans to Stubs only one I haven’t seen improvement from is JT but I think that is more of an effort issue

Advertisement
All these dudes are way better since the change from dugans to Stubs only one I haven’t seen improvement from is JT but I think that is more of an effort issue

JT4s fast, but not elusive or patient. You see it a lot on some of the screens they've thrown him. He doesn't shadow his blocks and wait for a window to turn on the afterburner. Deejay excels at this.

JT4s fast, but not elusive or patient. You see it a lot on some of the screens they've thrown him. He doesn't shadow his blocks and wait for a window to turn on the afterburner. Deejay excels at this.
He’s so dynamic I love his game just like u said little patience would go a long way. I also wish he would sell his routes more most of the time he wins just of pure speed. The post in the FSU game was a beauty. But then against CJ and Florida he never sold the slant but this is just nit picking. I love u JT4 come back for ur senior year and lets ball

Big props to Stubbs! Entire unit is really improved and looking strong. You can see the catching mechanics Stubbs has implemented paying dividends on the game day field. This group has gone from dropping passes every game, to now making tough catches. Dee Wiggins is a Ferrari!

Last edited:
Brian Hightower was stiff as **** couldnt create separation at the top of routes..watch how 8 ran that post today..took a outside release, stacked em, stemed the route, then created the separation..hits head on the goalpost

He won that route on pure athleticism....no clue what that DB was doing/thinking.

A good DB would have stacked him after he took the outside release and kept him against the sideline with inside leverage. This DB didn't and allowed Wiggins to run across his face at the top of the route.

Ideally, Wiggins should have run more at the DB to keep the DBs hips square, take a pressure step outside then jerk stem inside, maintaining inside leverage and giving Jarren and easier read/throw. He didn't but was still able to get open because he's so freaking fast and athletic, the most on this team. If his hands continue to improve and he works on his routes just a bit, he could be a monster.

Advertisement
I'd go out and get the best OL coach you can buy in the off season. Would be huge for recruiting.

Agree, OL has improved since early in the year but if you really watch closely the improvement has been minimal.
Bring in someone with NFL ties as well.
Stubblefield on the other had you can see the difference in the WR play.

I hope all of this is true and this is the beginning of a wonderful run. In the last 15 years we have had moments but we haven't been able to sustain in it show any consistency and grow from it. Lets see if this is different. For now I'll just share this Chinese proverb.

"Once upon a time, there was an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. “Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically, “you must be so sad.” “We’ll see,” the farmer replied.
The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it two other wild horses. “How wonderful,” the neighbors exclaimed! “Not only did your horse return, but you received two more. What great fortune you have!” “We’ll see,” answered the farmer. The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. “Now your son cannot help you with your farming,” they said. “What terrible luck you have!” “We’ll see,” replied the old farmer.
The following week, military officials came to the village to conscript young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. “Such great news. You must be so happy!” The man smiled to himself and said once again. “We’ll see,”

Advertisement
I think Stubbs has done a noticeably better job with the development of the WR's than Dugans did.

I'm seeing these kids run crisper routes & drops are way down.

But I'm gonna be as honest as possible, I'm still uncertain about his recruiting ability, we'll see how that goes in the next 2 classes.
Needs to hold on to what we got and pull somebody else big.

They are making plays, getting confidence, and progressing but still got a long ways to go. Truth be told Louisville DBs were really ******.

Not gonna crown Stubblefield off 1 game where receivers caught the ball well and ran away from some poor DBs. Compare the route-running display in the Bama-LSU game to Miami's receivers and it's night and day. Today we saw competence from the WRs but they're a long way from polished.

I agree. I get ****ed off watching Bama with Juedy and Smith wrecking ****. Miami needs to start finishing first for those type of kids and not second. Those kids are true difference makers.

Truth. Not that my personal sentiments mean anything but I wanted at minimum him to be the first of a few firings. Now I'm open to hoping this recent progression continues and reversing course on that venom.
I shared that sentiment. Now I'm wondering if things were worse on offense pre-Manny/Enos/Barry than I had been led to believe. It was obvious that we were short on O line talent, but apparently development of offensive players overall.

I'm still concerned, but it's hard to be too harsh with the last 3 games being what they are. If this is the beginning of a trend then next year could be spectacular.

Advertisement
Not gonna crown Stubblefield off 1 game where receivers caught the ball well and ran away from some poor DBs. Compare the route-running display in the Bama-LSU game to Miami's receivers and it's night and day. Today we saw competence from the WRs but they're a long way from polished.
Completely agree, though I am proud of Wiggins and hopes he keeps succeeding, Louisville DBs were atrocious. In Wiggins 2nd touchdown, though he scored he ran a terrible route and the DB was just really bad that **** would not fly against some real DBs. Then I watched the Alabama and Lsu game and there was a huge difference.

Well, we are 6-4.

Not a Miami quality year.
LOL that is due to JW getting hurt . We beat VT and GT if he is healthy. Just not at a point yet where we can lose our starting QB and still win .

so we would be 8-2 right now which is a Miami qaulity year FOR A FIRST TIME HEAD COACH in YEAR 1. **** if even if we go 9-4 I'd say that is pretty decent for a 1st year head coach given a young OL and QB and the QB injury we had. But we gotta win the last 3 games ( 2 regular season and bowl ) for this to be a success IMO. Lose the bowl game and it greatly hurts this season's outlook.

Completely agree, though I am proud of Wiggins and hopes he keeps succeeding, Louisville DBs were atrocious. In Wiggins 2nd touchdown, though he scored he ran a terrible route and the DB was just really bad that **** would not fly against some real DBs. Then I watched the Alabama and Lsu game and there was a huge difference.

Bama and LSU WRs play trash secondaries too. They pad there stats against them just like we would expect our guys to. The difference is we are finally starting to do it. We weren’t at the beginning of the year. That’s development.

Advertisement
Bama and LSU WRs play trash secondaries too. They pad there stats against them just like we would expect our guys to. The difference is we are finally starting to do it. We weren’t at the beginning of the year. That’s development.
The is facts the way Alabama's WRs run routes vs UM WRs is night and day. But you are right it is about time we start torching trash secondaries.

He's DeSean Jackson. Just let him run routes, don't try to get him the ball in space and think he's going to juke someone out of their shoes 'cos that's not his game.

Advertisement
Back