Strong gone

BTW, Strong’s Wiki is already changed to Co-DC/LB’s Coach at Bama.
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it at all possible Charlie didn't want the position??? Maybe he likes not having all the stress of being a DC on his head and going to Bama ( If he does) just works with where he wants to be Coaching wise...

According to his own words, he at least implied he did.

Really turned out to be a wasted hire.
Gotcha.... I never saw anything with him actually saying it so I just threw that out there....
I don't think it was a wasted hire... I mean overall things didn't go as I'm sure they wanted but there was progress made roster wise.... Strong did make an impact recruiting wise.... But yea if he did mention it then it does shed a dimmer light on things ...

Advertisement
Gotcha.... I never saw anything with him actually saying it so I just threw that out there....
I don't think it was a wasted hire... I mean overall things didn't go as I'm sure they wanted but there was progress made roster wise.... Strong did make an impact recruiting wise.... But yea if he did mention it then it does shed a dimmer light on things ...
You must be really old.

Do you wear bifocals? Hearing aids?

Depends*?

*I rock the speedo thong cut myself

Advertisement
I just love the post of revisionist history he came back w/. Lol. Dude said that’s what he said. Lol. I literally can’t w/ this place sometimes. The need for clout is way too strong.
Clout? I’m giving my opinion I don’t care bout no internet clout lmao. Lol y’all are ridiculous and get in yall feelings about these coaches. I legit never said field had nothing to do with skinner. I said if Mario isn’t the hc he doesn’t come here and the kid said out his mouth that’s what sealed it

Remarkable how many people use wikipedia as a primary source.

HILARIOUS actually.
I've actually done some wikipedia articles (naval history, wildlife) in the past for fun. What's amazing though is the absolutely strident nature of some of the editors. These individuals have been essentially fanatical when trying to impose their viewpoints, deleting and threatening contributors.

Advertisement
Look who he had to coach. Can’t shine a ****
💯.
Guess some on the board are upset he didn’t turn an undersized slow middle LB to an all American.
Outside of Bisente, and Chase who was injured, these was absolutely nothing to work with at LB.

Glad we got some talent coming in this year and I assume much of that credit needs to go to Strong. Not happy to see him go, but didn’t want him as DC either, so best for both parties.

All due respect, but Strong's been gone since his short stint at Louisville where he had a few good seasons.

Tanked at Texas and South Florida, collecting severance and taking analytics or position coach gigs—dude has been mailing it in for over a decade and hasn't called a defense since 2009 at Florida.

If he was up to par and ready for the gig, Mario would've promoted him. The fact he went outside for Guidry tells you that Strong was mailing it in at Miami and the man in charge had zero faith he was the answer with this defense moving forward.

Charlie Strong is a retread and popular name, but he hasn't done anything meaningful in this sport in over a decade. Adios.

💯.
Guess some on the board are upset he didn’t turn an undersized slow middle LB to an all American.
Outside of Bisente, and Chase who was injured, these was absolutely nothing to work with at LB.

Glad we got some talent coming in this year and I assume much of that credit needs to go to Strong. Not happy to see him go, but didn’t want him as DC either, so best for both parties.

Fair enough, but what has Strong honestly done in college football since a few good years at Louisville? Dude has been mailing it in for years now and at 62 is on the wrong side of his career arc.

Advertisement
Back