Strong gone

Advertisement
I think losing Strong is a significant loss. He may not be the recruiter he once was now that he's older, but the guy knows a thing or two about LBs. He's also a "name" that people know and he's always had a reputation of demanding respect, something the recent coaching staffs lacked.

Would i have wanted him calling plays? Probably not. But i would have liked to see him stay for another year. It's just as bad a look to lose this many position coaches year 1 as it is for how long MC is looking under seat cushions for an OC.
he wanted to be a DC. he was never getting the job here.

And that’s always been what he is. He’s never choice one but he was ok enough to be a fall back plan. That’s what happened last year.

Some people don’t seem to understand that and think it’s a serious fail that he left. I can’t blame him for leaving, if it was me, I may have left also, if I was in his position.

But he was never “the” choice.

Wanted to be the DC but he was nonetheless a good choice as a linebacker coach and could’ve stayed if he wanted possibly, I certainly thank him for his efforts in helping to bring in a much better linebacker class than we’ve had in quite a few years.

Advertisement
Some people don’t seem to understand that and think it’s a serious fail that he left. I can’t blame him for leaving, if it was me, I may have left also, if I was in his position.

Wanted to be the DC but he was nonetheless a good choice as a linebacker coach and could’ve stayed if he wanted possibly, I certainly thank him for his efforts in helping to bring in a much better linebacker class than we’ve had in quite a few years.
I was talking field

Advertisement
Alexa define irony
Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

He's a good LB coach but there are a lot of good LB coaches out there who are hungry want to be here and will recruit their asses off
That’s quite an assumption on your part. How do you know those guys, whoever they are, want to be here?

Advertisement

CFB coaches move constantly with most garnering little fanfare. The only reason Strong leaving got as much attention as it did is because he allegedly wasn’t interviewed for the open Miami DC job. If not for that, Strong leaving would have been a blip on the radar.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back