Strengths, weaknesses and Nobody knows

WR room is absolutely a huge question mark. Young and unproven outside of JT4, KJO, Harley. Fewer than 20 receptions and zero career TDs between Pope, Njoku, Wiggins, Hightower, Payton. Plenty of promise but they'll need to grow up fast.
The Talent and potential is there. I really do believe Peyton will contribute and open some eyes.
But let's say none of them show up ready to play come August (worse case scenario.) This is also when the TE depth will be very helpful. 12 personnel will probably be our base offense anyway.

Advertisement
Let’s be real about each unit

Strengths (in order of strength):
DL (one of the deepest and most talented in the nation)
TE (Not even sure who is better Brevin or Mallory...sprinkle in Playmaker jr and wow)
RB (Cam and Deejay with Lingard and Burns for depth is pretty good unit)
LB (Not elite, but not bad at all and potential to be really good)

Weaknesses (in order of ineptitude)
OL (sorry but this unit is just plain bad)
Special teams (pathetic)
WR (until proven otherwise, Jeff Thomas is our only legit weapon - and lets be honest he clicked well with Malik but not with Kosi)
Secondary (be mad all you want, but knowles getting playing time makes this unit weak overall

Nobody Knows:
QB (one guy threw for 40% accuracy, another guy couldn’t beat him out, and a third guy transferred out of fear he couldn’t beat out an incoming transfer). The potential is there, but thats all it is at this point and nothing more.

I want to believe in Manny and Enos having a huge first year but it’s definitely an uphill climb.

He clicked with the same Rosier thatd be complaining that JT4 runs too fast? Who are you dude?

Advertisement
Have you even watched the scrimmages or spring game? WR is weakness, are serious? kJ Osborn has been tearing it up, Pope and Payton have been tearing it up! Give me a break man. And our secondary is now a weakness since Bobby knowles was out there with the second and third team? Again give me a break man if you think Bobby is anything more then off-season depth. Starters hall and carter look great out there with other future starter bubba bolden on his way. OL weakness so far I’ll give you but everyone knows that group takes the most time to gel and it’s not like we don’t have plenty of blue chip talent in the OL room.

WR's behind our top 2 our still unproven. Which is a weakness in itself.

WR -KJ Osborn- As good as advertised
WR -Jeff Thomas- Currently on crutches.
WR -Mark Pope- Has always been a 5 star in shorts. Played on bad offenses in HS and college and never actually put up any decent #'s. Need to see more
WR Brian Hightower- flashed in his brief time not being injured. I like his potential.
WR Mike Harley-Dinged up often, bad hands. Flashed a couple of times against poor comp.
WR Jermiah Payton -Coming along nicely,
WR Evidence Njoku -Tweener, hasn't been able to get himself on the field much as a boundary WR.
WR Dee Wiggins -Can't hold onto the ball.

He clicked with the same Rosier thatd be complaining that JT4 runs too fast? Who are you dude?

I guess you haven’t watched much Canes football over the last two years. When Kosi went in, JT4 disappeared. When Malik came back, JT4 started catching balls again.

Our question marks are: qb, ol, and special teams barring injuries.
^This.
I wouldn't consider WR and DB's as a weakness, or a strength, yet.
Let's call these units "nuetral" for now.
I'm tempted to put QB there as well but I'll go with the OP's assessment till proven otherwise.

Let’s be real about each unit

Strengths (in order of strength):
DL (one of the deepest and most talented in the nation)
TE (Not even sure who is better Brevin or Mallory...sprinkle in Playmaker jr and wow)
RB (Cam and Deejay with Lingard and Burns for depth is pretty good unit)
LB (Not elite, but not bad at all and potential to be really good)

Weaknesses (in order of ineptitude)
OL (sorry but this unit is just plain bad)
Special teams (pathetic)
WR (until proven otherwise, Jeff Thomas is our only legit weapon - and lets be honest he clicked well with Malik but not with Kosi)
Secondary (be mad all you want, but knowles getting playing time makes this unit weak overall

Nobody Knows:
QB (one guy threw for 40% accuracy, another guy couldn’t beat him out, and a third guy transferred out of fear he couldn’t beat out an incoming transfer). The potential is there, but thats all it is at this point and nothing more.

I want to believe in Manny and Enos having a huge first year but it’s definitely an uphill climb.
You are a weakness.

Advertisement
:unsure:

This is a good hot take. I like his potential as much as anyone but to say he will be #1 when cleared to play is even difficult for me to grasp.

Ok maybe not as soon as he gets cleared but I think he’ll show enough to become the #1 RB at some point towards the beginning of the season

Advertisement

Advertisement
The concerns for this team are o line (especially the backups) and special teams. We're talented as **** at receiver & safety so to call those groups a weakness is pretty far off. I do agree with qb though, someone has to grab the brass ring at qb and lead this team.

Advertisement
Back