Strengths, weaknesses and Nobody knows

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
Let’s be real about each unit

Strengths (in order of strength):
DL (one of the deepest and most talented in the nation)
TE (Not even sure who is better Brevin or Mallory...sprinkle in Playmaker jr and wow)
RB (Cam and Deejay with Lingard and Burns for depth is pretty good unit)
LB (Not elite, but not bad at all and potential to be really good)

Weaknesses (in order of ineptitude)
OL (sorry but this unit is just plain bad)
Special teams (pathetic)
WR (until proven otherwise, Jeff Thomas is our only legit weapon - and lets be honest he clicked well with Malik but not with Kosi)
Secondary (be mad all you want, but knowles getting playing time makes this unit weak overall

Nobody Knows:
QB (one guy threw for 40% accuracy, another guy couldn’t beat him out, and a third guy transferred out of fear he couldn’t beat out an incoming transfer). The potential is there, but thats all it is at this point and nothing more.

I want to believe in Manny and Enos having a huge first year but it’s definitely an uphill climb.

Advertisement
Let’s be real about each unit

Strengths (in order of strength):
DL (one of the deepest and most talented in the nation)
TE (Not even sure who is better Brevin or Mallory...sprinkle in Playmaker jr and wow)
RB (Cam and Deejay with Lingard and Burns for depth is pretty good unit)
LB (Not elite, but not bad at all and potential to be really good)

Weaknesses (in order of ineptitude)
OL (sorry but this unit is just plain bad)
Special teams (pathetic)
WR (until proven otherwise, Jeff Thomas is our only legit weapon - and lets be honest he clicked well with Malik but not with Kosi)
Secondary (be mad all you want, but knowles getting playing time makes this unit weak overall

Nobody Knows:
QB (one guy threw for 40% accuracy, another guy couldn’t beat him out, and a third guy transferred out of fear he couldn’t beat out an incoming transfer). The potential is there, but thats all it is at this point and nothing more.

I want to believe in Manny and Enos having a huge first year but it’s definitely an uphill climb.
Have you even watched the scrimmages or spring game? WR is weakness, are serious? kJ Osborn has been tearing it up, Pope and Payton have been tearing it up! Give me a break man. And our secondary is now a weakness since Bobby knowles was out there with the second and third team? Again give me a break man if you think Bobby is anything more then off-season depth. Starters hall and carter look great out there with other future starter bubba bolden on his way. OL weakness so far I’ll give you but everyone knows that group takes the most time to gel and it’s not like we don’t have plenty of blue chip talent in the OL room.

Have you even watched the scrimmages or spring game? WR is weakness, are serious? kJ Osborn has been tearing it up, Pope and Payton have been tearing it up! Give me a break man. And our secondary is now a weakness since Bobby knowles was out there with the second and third team? Again give me a break man if you think Bobby is anything more then off-season depth. Starters hall and carter look great out there with other future starter bubba bolden on his way. OL weakness so far I’ll give you but everyone knows that group takes the most time to gel and it’s not like we don’t have plenty of blue chip talent in the OL room.

WR...until proven otherwise...is a weakness.

Kayne Farquason and Kendall Thompkins also tore it up during the spring once upon a time.

Advertisement
I would add Polendey being at least serviceable in this offense at TE providing some depth if he is fully recovered by Fall. Enos is going to be able to do lots of 3 TE sets near goaline and in short yardage. Something we have been lacking in recent years.

Special teams concerns me as well. It will be interesting to see how much we improve. Obviously punter should be better but our coverage on punts and kickoffs needs to improve. Our Kicker has to work on his accuracy and consistency too.

As for believing in Manny and Enos all it takes is a bit of discipline, aggressive play calling and good halftime adjustments to turn around what was a disappointing season and have a season that looks more like the majority of the 2017 season.

Diaz when he first came in had an immediate impact on the defense his very first season. If Enos can do the same with the offense...
... watch out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Special teams are an unknown. We didn’t really see them at the spring game. Punting display was horrible, maybe worse than last year... If the Aussie isn’t any better, we should be going for a lot of 4th down conversions

LB group is very good... Shaq and Pinckney are an elite lber duo. Joyner, McCloud, Jennings, Huff, and Brooks In rotation.

RB - I predict Lorenzo Lingard will be the #1 RB on the team whenever he is cleared to play.

Secondary far from a weakness... talent has potential to be elite.

Any of the 3 QBs I trust can carry us to a win over Florida and to the ACCCG.... who gives us the best chance to upset Clemson to win the ACC, is what the competition is about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
WR room is absolutely a huge question mark. Young and unproven outside of JT4, KJO, Harley. Fewer than 15 receptions and zero career TDs between Pope, Njoku, Wiggins, Hightower, Payton. Plenty of promise but they'll need to grow up fast.

Last edited:
Love our secondary's depth and potential.

Bandy, Romeo, Carter, D. Smith have 2+ years of experience. Ivey, Blades, Hall each got their feet wet in 2018. Bolden is a big wild card. Frierson, Williams, Keontra, Bethel, Couch are just freshmen but are there if needed.

Advertisement
Back