Strength @ Conditioning

Based on limited feedback regarding the program in comparison to others, I think the nutrition department needs more work than anything.
Has there been a lot of complaints regarding nutrition? I’m not calling you out, I honestly have no idea. The only guy I heard make a comment was Lingard when he was trying to justify his transfer to UF. Their superior nutrition program still can’t get that kid snaps in an actual game anyway.

Advertisement
I say let the OL carry more fat while increasing their Lower and Upper body strength. Similar with the interior DL, they gotta be bigger and stronger to stack the middle and get more push back. We rarely make the rb have to bounce to the outside and when we do our DE's aren't there to contain because Manny's stupid scheme go them slanting to the inside.

Nutrition is important, extremely important, but 18-22 year olds can get bigger/stronger off of daily fast food. (For the record, not my recommendation)

A few posters are actually certified …, at least one believes the most important job of S&C is non-injury … I disagree. The most important job of S&C is to make an athlete stronger and faster and more technically proficient at their respective positions (the technical portion is shared with position coaches). Nutrition, like rest, are important for repair. Repair is important.

The excuse makers can continue to believe it’s recruiting (“we need better kids”), or nutrition, or shiny weights/weights room, or the real loser’s bugaboo — PEDs, but it’s the work, it’s the work, it’s the work it’s the work, it’s the work.

The combine has a lot of “events” that may not tell how good a football player someone is, but, in addition to showing how genetically advantaged an athlete is, it may show how much work a kid has put in. I’ll feel more confident in Miami S&C when Miami players stop showing up at the Combine to announce they’ll be participating at their Pro Day.

If you follow players on social media, the players eat like crap when they are on their own .. they need to monitor that better..
They’re college kids. The average college diet consists of fast food, pizza and ramen noodles. The trainers can only control what they eat from the training table. You’d like them to make better health choices but what 19 year old kid goes out to dinner and has kale salad instead of a burger and fries?

Advertisement
The lake on campus is too small too. Big boy programs would never settle for such a thing.

I’m also disappointed in the bookstore. Just not the selection of lanyards to be expected from a 5 time National Champion.

The Board clearly doesn’t care about football.

Nutrition is important, extremely important, but 18-22 year olds can get bigger/stronger off of daily fast food. (For the record, not my recommendation)

A few posters are actually certified …, at least one believes the most important job of S&C is non-injury … I disagree. The most important job of S&C is to make an athlete stronger and faster and more technically proficient at their respective positions (the technical portion is shared with position coaches). Nutrition, like rest, are important for repair. Repair is important.

The excuse makers can continue to believe it’s recruiting (“we need better kids”), or nutrition, or shiny weights/weights room, or the real loser’s bugaboo — PEDs, but it’s the work, it’s the work, it’s the work it’s the work, it’s the work.

The combine has a lot of “events” that may not tell how good a football player someone is, but, in addition to e adshowing how genetically advantaged an athlete is, it may show how much work a kid has put in. I’ll feel more confident in Miami S&C when Miami players stopper showing up at the Combine to announce they’ll be ESSTparticipating at their Pro Day.
Awesome point here , S/C a top issue and mystery players have all the tools to win and don’t take advantage, I’d be living in the weight room till I became a Kevin ***an BEAST but we don’t it will show in the opener for sure

Has there been a lot of complaints regarding nutrition? I’m not calling you out, I honestly have no idea. The only guy I heard make a comment was Lingard when he was trying to justify his transfer to UF. Their superior nutrition program still can’t get that kid snaps in an actual game anyway.

There have been other nuggets throughout the years since Coker. Just seems like a recurring theme. I know we've improved it but I don't feel it's at the elite level it needs to be.

Advertisement
All I know is I never saw a player fake an injury to get a breather like other teams did to us constantly.

We also dominated nearly every fourth quarter last season. This team is conditioned just fine.
Honestly they need to do something about that. It’s ridiculous that you can completely stop the game, give your guys rest while killing your opponent’s momentum just by faking an injury. The “injured” player can literally return to the field on the next play. There needs to be a rule that says if a player gets hurt and the game gets stopped, that player cannot return until the nex possession

Advertisement
Strength isn't built in 1 or 2 seasons it takes time to get there. Some of these players are coming in never really taking strength training too seriously because they have always been "stronger" than their opponents. There are lots of HS that do similar workouts that colleges do, their players are putting on real muscle starting in 9th grade.

Strength isn't built in 1 or 2 seasons it takes time to get there. Some of these players are coming in never really taking strength training too seriously because they have always been "stronger" than their opponents. There are lots of HS that do similar workouts that colleges do, their players are putting on real muscle starting in 9th grade.
Unfortunately, strength programs at a lot of public high schools in Florida are severely lacking. They just don’t have the funds for equipment nor to pay a strength coach. That’s why a lot of these private school kids are more physically developed. A large portion of the funds for athletics come from fund raising but a lot of public schools can’t rely on their local community to raise a lot of money.

Advertisement
Everyone here complains because Mark Pope is 6'1" 172 lbs. Devonta Smith is listed as 6'1" 175 lbs. I guess the Bama steroids are good for 3 pounds.
Lol
Smith looks a bit taller than him but scrawny af. The difference between the teams is not size but the speed and intensity at which they play with. They are more talented physically and mentally

Based on limited feedback regarding the program in comparison to others, I think the nutrition department needs more work than anything.

We have actually made some legitimate strides in nutrition compared to how it was even 5 years ago. When Richt hired Bellamy in 2016, UM didn't even have a full-time sports nutritionist... now we have a program in place.

Advertisement
Back